SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_frome_ky

Brown Creeper, trail cam

rachel_frome_ky
14 years ago

Been tempted to bite on low prices being offered online for the new Canon EOS 7D, but complaint boards so far have labeled the companies as bait-and-switch scams. Legit stores are offering it at full price and the 5 hour batteries and 2 hour chargers are pricey, so I've continued looking for ideal conditions for using my Canon 40D.

Yesterday while climbing our mountain I heard the tinkling sound of a Brown Creeper, so I readied my camera just one landed on a nearby tree. As it began spiraling up the trunk I could just glimpse it through the branches

From Christmas 2009
From Christmas 2009

My Non-typical Cuddeback cam has been leaking and going blank every time it rains. Since it was still under warranty I kept sending it back and they'd send it back as "fixed" but the next time it rained, it would leak again. I told DuBois they were doubtless stalling until the warranty runs out (it is now).

When we last got it back we were able to use it for a few days because of the cold snap, but now its blank again because of recent rain. Dunno what will happen now but I plan to complain strongly, and post complaints on amazon if they don't ante up..maybe save someone else from using their products, although I've not yet found another trial cam company that's any better

Off topic, but meanwhile, got a few nice photos up at our pond

1-13-10, bobcat, 12:26 a.m.

From Christmas 2009

1-13-10, male Red Fox, 4:37 a.m.

From Christmas 2009

1-15-10, opossum, 6:27 p.m.

From Christmas 2009

Comments (10)