SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

total idiot has an insane rush of blood to head

User
11 years ago

Hi woodlanders, after a good 10 years causing mayhem on the antique roses forum, Mr.Campanula and I have bought a wood. Well, not exactly a wood, more an old poplar plantation in serial neglect. There is a long (and tedious) tale behind this lunatic plan but nonetheless, the deed is done and we now have 6 acres of basically flat, deep, sandy silty soil facing the river Yare in Norfolk, East Anglia. To say we know not a great deal about trees would be the kindest way of putting things - having a minute city garden and a couple of allotments meant that trees were something for other people (although I have snuck a few rowans (from seed) and numerous fruit trees about the allotments. My home garden consists of many perennials and one tiny coral bark maple. So......how about some pointers about the best trees for the soil and situation (damp - possible flood plain although East Anglia is the dryest part of the UK) To say we are sh****ng ourselves is the understatement of the century (there is the little matter about our impending homelessness and relocation to a horsebox....but that is another tale).

Comments (9)

Sponsored