SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buck1173

I figured out why some of my tom plants are el lamo....

buck1173
15 years ago

I've been here sniveling about never-ending leaf curl and perpetual droopiness occurring on a select group of my toms in my main bed... 1 of 2 Giant Valentines set fruit heavily then curled up (still growing, still kicking forth fruit on its limp branches). 2 Banana legs are all limp and shrively, one far worse than the other, and yet, both kicking forth fruit and laying all over the ground as it just cant support itself, and now 2 Romas got limp and curled up, one so bad I pulled it.

I've been racking my brain for several weeks now trying to figure out whats wrong (looks for all the world like Fwilt without the browning of the stems).... I've been going nuts as its just this little patch of my main bed...

so, last night, neighbor (who's fence my tomatoes lean on) comes over to chat while BF is weed whacking, and I'm on hornworm (and now stink bug) patrol.... we discuss this and that, and BF makes a comment about getting some Round Up for some pesky weeds...

I shriek "NO ROUND UP!" neighbor inquires, and I tell him how RU kills 'maters.... even a drift of it on a breeze...

neighbor gives me an awfully guilty look. [sigh].

Mystery solved...

So? my plants, though producing some fruit still, and hanging on desperately, are looking incredibly pitiful.. yellow, brown, curly, crispy, limp and lifeless .... yet still alive... I'm not pulling them as long as they have fruit going, but, can they recover? Is there anything I can do to help them?

its just so awful looking..

thanks.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville