SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: obf "just be nice" swap # 2

canyonwind
9 years ago

We have hit 150 posts on our original "JUST BE NICE" Swap thread....so shall we begin update #2? Sure! Let the niceness continue.......................

Annie

Comments (151)

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

NonnaG and Promise-Congrats on your football wins...good choosing.

Nicole-I want to thank you for my get-well card. You are so NICE!

NonnaG-Looking forward to the wedding pictures.

Dawn-Every year I say OK I am going to plant pumpkins but it never happens. Maybe next year it will happen.

Promise-It has been one thing after another for quite awhile now. Sure hope it is over. I'm not doing well at BINGO either. Thank you so much for all the delicious teas and the Get-Well card...Such a very NICE thing to do.

Margo-Beautiful story about your cleome seeds. I joined gardenweb in 2002 and my first trade was hostas. Not sure about your sideways pictures....very odd.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I still have people over so this will be quick!. They are all outside playing poker and blackjack!!

I am still recovering from my beloved Notre Dame losing last night. What a game!! But I must move on...LOL! My Mom and Dad are in the heaven above and I am sure they had their martinis last night watching that game. They were not happy campers.
    Promise, do not fret, BINGO is not over. I took a quick peak this morning at all of your cards and, well, let's put it this way. Nobody will be winning it tomorrow! Hang in there!!

NonnaG, I am so happy that the wedding was beautiful. But I knew it would be! I want to hear all the details, when you get a chance!

I am going to keep you in more suspence. I have more Prize winners and will tell all in the AM.

I have to move on dinner!

""JUST BE NICE" SWAP" Partner UPDATE

*lavenderpyly (Keyla) sends to sguanzon (Sue G)

*sguanzon (Sue G) send to lavenderpyly (Keyla)

*sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) sends to pinkiris (Jayeanne) SENT/RECEIVED

*pinkiris (Jayeanne) sends to sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) SENT/RECEIVED

*smitties (Margo) sends to dmkelly (Dawn) SENT/RECEIVED

*dmkelly (Dawn) sends to smitties (Margo) SENT/RECEIVED

*hibiscusfan (Suzanne) sends to EricaBraun (Erica) SENT/RECEIVED

*EricaBraun (Erica) sends to hibiscusfan (Suzanne) SENT/RECEIVED

*pmb2005 (Promise) sends to ilovefarac (Melinda)

*ilovefarac (Melinda) sends to pmb2005 (Promise) SENT/RECEIVED

*skyblue52 (Susan) sends to cottonwood468 (Mary E.)

*cottonwood 468 (Mary E.) sends to skyblue52 (Susan)

*NonnaG (Connie) sends to bluee19 (Nicole)

*bluee19 (Nicole) sends to NonnaG (Connie) SENT/RECEIVED

*panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) sends to canyonwind (Annie) SENT/RECEIVED

*canyonwind (Annie) sends to panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) SENT

If I have missed a sent/received, let me know! I think I am missing something???

GAME 5 (update)
    "PICTURE THIS, JUST BE NICE"

CLOSED! After you decide your favorite, EMAIL me your vote.

*Sheri (bear pic)
    *Jayeanne (oxallis plum crazy pic)
    *Shirley (winning daughter Shelia after 5K pic)
    *Susan (skyblue) (outside her windlow/goldfinch pic)
    *Melinda (grandson running with football pic)
    *Dawn (Daisy Great Dane pic)
    *Suzanne (Mom caught a Grouper fish pic)
    *Erica (hollyhock pic)
    *NonnaG (client (dog) "Blondie" laughing)
    *Nicole (two hands touching each other)
    *Margo (cleome)
    *Mary E. (pepper with Mary's hand hiding the catnip)

Good Luck! I have so enjoyed this!

Happy Evening!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 14:04

• Related Discussions

update: obf white elephant march swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hello ladies and happy every Holiday I missed. To those of you who do know me, I am back and mentally back on track (I think). To those of you who don't, well I was I am a member, love everyone here. Went away to do some great mission work and had some very tragic things happen. Many hours of therapy later, and actually returning to the Dominican I think I have healed, I am not bitter, sad, or frightened to leave my house any more. I am able to talk about it and I feel that I can share with postive feelings now. But enough of that. Am I to late for April? Please tell me that I can play in April? Max is 4 and we just looked at Co-op preschool. HE is a mama's boy and didn't want to go to big boy school yet. Maryanne~ I have a box for you that I need to send, but um lost your address.. So Merry Christmas when it comes. Ahh. I just don't know what to say or who to say it to because I am scared I will leave someone out. I tried to read as many posts as my brain can handle, but I am sure that I will need some help. Babies and ornaments, tornados and ahhh.. I am not in Kansas anymore. Please feel free to email me with any personals that you'd love to share. I apologize for being gone so long. If there is anything that you want to know email me. If I need to re-join let me know if there is room. Mayanne_ my big sis.. I hope all is well, miss you and thanks for all your support thru this, even though I was a bad lil sis and became an introvert. But guess what? I am back and better. Missed you all Laura.... beans
    ...See More

update: obf april 2014 swap: buried treasure (2)

Q

Comments (25)
    Susan and Anne, nice boxes. Laura, I enjoyed the paintings, I liked the paper one the best, would really add a sense of fun to a room. Anne, you asked if any of us do anything with gourds. Well, I think I have posted these pics before, so it is good they are at the end of this swaps post. But I did the black cat and my hubby, daughter and son the 'head' for Halloween. LOL
    ...See More

NEW: obf october...."just be nice" swap

Q

Comments (150)
    GAME 3 UPDATE... "College FOOTBALL IS NICE" CLOSED....good luck to you all! *sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) 334 *bluee19 (Nicole) 427 *pinkiris (Jayeanne) 313 *EricaBraun (Erica) 350 *Smitties (Margo) 378 *NonnaG (Connie) 405 *ilovefarac (Melinda) 397 *skyblue52 (Susan) 417 *hibiscusfan (Suzanne) 279 *cottonwood468 (Mary E.) 365 *pmb2005 (Promise) 450 *panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) 455 *sguanzon (Sue G.) 343 *dmkelly (Dawn) 421 *brittneysgran (Shirley) 435 *********************** GAME 2 "IN MY OWN WORDS"........ The following OBFERS have emailed me their votes. Any OBFER can vote whether you submitted an entry or not. Mary E., if you sent me an email with your vote, I did not receive. Promise Jeanne Nicole Melinda NonnaG Hibiscusfan smitties Erica Sheri Jayeanne I believe I replied to all of you who voted that I "Got It". If I missed anyone let me know! *********** BINGO TIME.... "NICE BINGO" We have a guest fetcher today. Great Dane "Chip" has done the honors this morning......and it took a few treats for him to do it....good boy Chip! Then he got the hang of it and chose a third one just for you! 38. Snickers Bar 8. Make A Difference Day (October 25) 16. Courteous Previously fetched...... 35. World Smile Day (October 3) 48. National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day (October 14) 21. Nice Guys Finish Last…or do they? 7. Heath Bars *********************************** Must run... Annie
    ...See More

UPDATE: obf just be nice # 3 update

Q

Comments (121)
    Nicole, I received your email yesterday about your plate prize being chipped. Sent you an email back yesterday. In case you did not get my email, please hold on to the shipping receipt, box and shipping material. I will call the store I ordered from tomorrow and see how they want to handle it for a replacement. If they are unable to do so, then I will send you something else. I will email you after I speak with them. Thanks for letting me know about the chip. Appreciate it! Happy Sunday...must run! Annie
    ...See More
  • cottonwood468
    9 years ago

The way Margo feels about her cleome, that's how I feel about my overwintered pepper. I met all of you because of a hot pepper plant.

I loved your story Margo.

Promise, when I was a teenager, I worked for a cosmetic company at Marshall Field's. They had FRANGO MINT ICE CREAM in the employee cafeteria!

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Sun, Oct 19, 14 at 23:29

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

NonnaG-Another Brittney (love her name) Thanks tor the wedding picture. May they always be as happy as they were on their wedding day.

Update thru-January 2015
    October - Annie (In progress)
    November - Maryanne
    December - Ruth
    January - Sheri

Night Ladies

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Ladies Bert @Touch of Nature has his lilies ready to sell for next years blooms. He has the best prices and biggest bulbs out there so check it out if you are a lily lover.

Want to have a peek at the lilies go to http://www.touchofnature.com and click on SPECIAL and then Spring 2014

I know Sharon and Melinda order from Bert so hopefully both will see this. There is a new lily named Tango Thesire to die for and you get 4 bulbs for $5.40 that is only $1.35 per bulb.. Tiny Shadow is also another new one, Tiny Padhye was a favorite from last year's order. Check it out.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Tiny Shadow

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Tango Thesire

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Tiny Padhye

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Those lilies are gorgeous! Yes, I'll definitely be checking that out! Thanks for posting! I love the tiny lilies!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy Tuesday!!

The suspence is over!!

DING....DING...DING...DING

A few more Winners here. Three to be exact!

These first two wins have to do with husbands.....nice or not! LOL!!! Dawn and Shirley...tiz your time!! Let me explain.

This is from Dawn....from her post a few days ago. So Nice!!!! Nice of Dawn to say it and NICE of her husband to do it. He is building her a greenhouse on his days off...what a guy!!!

FROM DAWN....
    Nice is....
    "A beautiful October day warm enough to wear shorts and tank tops while cleaning the gardens
    A husband so supportive that he's building a greenhouse on his days off
    Finding those last few favorite ripe tomatoes protected under the plants
    Helpers that can multitask and do bug control, fertilizing, and rototilling all at the same time."

Now Shirley, that is another story. Her husband Eddie was blaming her for the tree falling on the house. This sounded so very, very, very "familiar" to me. Eddie, that was not very nice to blame your lovely Shirley...LOL! And, of couse, I get the to much togetherness part. I am not looking forward to when my husband retires...LOL!

From Shirley
    "During the huge rain and storms we received on Monday Night and all day Tuesday a huge tree fell on the house. DH says it is my fault for planting it!!!!! REALLY.....Already too much togetherness. We may have each other killed before my foot heals enough to go back to work. LOL!

Congratulations to Dawn and Shirley!!

And prize three....
    Jayeanne was so very NICE and sent me a few little somethings. A Happy Halloween card with a very NICE note, seeds from Baker Creek.....Hollyhock Queeny Lilac, Sunflowers Evening Sun and Zinnia Peppermint Stick and a darling and very colorful garden flag that says, "WHY WAIT FOR 5 O'CLOCK, of course, with a luscious cocktail glass on it. Simply delicious but even I don't start cocktailing at 11 am...LOL! Thanks so much Jayeanne!

You certainly did not have to send anything my way but it was so very NICE that you did!

More prizes to come and more games.....stay tuned!

GAME 5

I have received email votes from the following OBFERS. Any OBF member can vote (voting deadline Wed., OCT 22, 6 PM PACIFIC). Please do not post your vote here....EMAIL me! Thanks!

*Sheri voted
    *Nicole voted
    *NonnaG voted
    *Shirley voted
    *Promise voted
    BINGO TIME

"NICE BINGO"

Fetched today by Baby J, the little black Lab who simply loves BINGO!!!!! Good Luck!!

49. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
    40. Laughter……..

Previously fetched......

28. Saurekraut (the husband fetch)
    33. 100 Grand Candy Bar
    9. The movie, “Naughty Or Nice”
    42. Liqueur Day (October 16)
    5. Bon Jovi sings, “Have A Nice Day”
    1. Frank Sinatra sings, “Nice and Easy”
    37. Petula Clark sings, “Thank You”
    6. Octoberfestbiers
    17. Almond Joy
    29. Pay It Forward
    46. Olivia Newton John sings, “I Honestly Love You”
    50. Clairol “Nice n Easy” Hair Color….of course!
    3.. In Memory of our OBF gardening friend Carol (veeja11)
    31. Adopt A Dog Month
    11. Mr. Goodbar
    4. Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something NICE to eat!
    26. Glinda, The Good Witch Of The North
    38. Snickers Bar
    8. Make A Difference Day (October 25)
    16. Courteous
    35. World Smile Day (October 3)
    48. National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day (October 14)
    21. Nice Guys Finish Last…or do they?
    7. Heath Bars

These NICE packages that all of you NICE OBFERS are sending are wonderful!!

Dawn, I used to have chickens here. Great fertilizer and I loved the eggs. I miss them!!

Margo, I enjoyed reading how gardening really started for you....a trip down memory lane!

And todays quote...

"If we're destroying our trees and destroying our environment and hurting animals and hurting one another and all that stuff, there's got to be a very powerful energy to fight that. I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that."
    ~ Ellen DeGeneres
    Have a NICE DAY!!

Annie

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I got my REALLY nice package from Annie today! Thank you so much, Annie. :)

I always wanted a Microplane grater. They're the best!

Each heart-shaped measuring spoon has a different phrase on it:
    pinch of patience
    a dash of kindness
    a spoonful of laughter
    a heap of love

Slotted spoons are so useful. This one is awesome.

Nice and simply lovely snowflake ornament and that wonderful "Just be nice" bumper sticker.

I love red accessories and utensils for my kitchen. Really perfect, Annie. Some of the nicest gifts ever for me. Thank you!

Sheri

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I took the spoon out of it's package and there was a smiley face staring back at me. Fun! Thank you, Annie. :)

I've really enjoyed everyone's photo contest entries. So many good stories behind a lot of them, too. I really liked that game. Love all the NICE "package contents" photos, too. Nice group!

Sheri

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

I sent my vote in yesterday or the day before! I'll resend and hope you get it. LMK if not!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Susan, expect your package on Wednesday. No, I didn't send a bat and a block of wax. Have you ever grown Stevia, any of you? Hard to germinate?

This is a tough vote, I see a lot of merit in all the photos.

Annie, I am fond of your dogs today, both of them.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Mon, Oct 20, 14 at 18:05

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I still have a ways to go before BINGO. I wonder how much longer it will take.

Annie, I'm going to send in my vote for a photo. I enjoyed all of them.

Our weather has been so perfect lately. If it could be like this all year, it sure would be NICE!

Jeanne

• smitties
    9 years ago

We sell both microplanes and the smiley spoons at the gift shop I work at.

Speaking of the gift shop, I just received word that our work friend Mona passed away last night. She hung on for so long that this must be a relief to her family as well as Mona since she did suffer so much. No word yet as to services. Thanks for all your thoughts for our friend.

Annie, I did send in my vote so let me know if you did not receive it.

Margo

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

Hi friends. My just be nice package for Nicole is on its way. Yay! I had an awesome day at work. Three Shih Tzus came to see me today. I'm still learning to cut their hair so my partner let me do some of the hair cutting. She said I did a good job and the mommy didn't have any complaints at pick up. I was so happy. "sigh" I love my job. I hope all of you had a wonderful day as well.

NonnaG

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Woohoo!! I received my Just Be Nice package! Opened it enough to take the note out, and read " ... nothing like the taste of a fresh homegrown tomato..." There's a tomato in here, better get that out.
    It was loads of Matt's Wild Cherry! Which I never even tasted before.
    Trusses of little tomatoes, like tomato candy. I ran to the sink and I was sorting and deseeding them and eating them. She also sent Firespray tulip bulbs, love them, I have admired them in the catalog for years. Susan/Skyblue is one nice person. She also sent me a SavATree bag (environmentalist here) a spice cake candle/melt cup, a homemade hot drink mix--pumpkin spice cappucino and a compost tea recipe. There was a beautiful card with Towhee birds and all this was decorated in fall colors and leaves. Photo later, when family photographer is available, but the Matt's Wild Cherry tomatoes won't be in the picture.

Susan, thank you, you made my day.

Heidi, that is a great deal, fifty one cents. Handy for that community gardening you do.

Mary E.

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Hello Caught up on my bingo words. Have 8. Lets get some NICE words. Should give me Sweetest day as a free spot. Have a great fall day everyone. Susan

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Susan (hugs to you)

OBF friends, if you missed Shirley's post, scroll up and look at the tiny lilies from Touch of Nature.

Nonna thanks for the wedding pictures, What was her something old, new, borrowed and blue ??

Mary E.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning!

Keyla and Sue G., have not heard from you. Have you touched base with each other?? Are you still swapping??

*sguanzon (Sue G) send to lavenderpyly (Keyla)

*pmb2005 (Promise) sends to ilovefarac (Melinda)

*skyblue52 (Susan) sends to cottonwood468 (Mary E.) SENT/RECEIVED

*cottonwood 468 (Mary E.) sends to skyblue52 (Susan) SENT

*NonnaG (Connie) sends to bluee19 (Nicole) SENT

*canyonwind (Annie) sends to panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) SENT/RECEIVED

If I have missed a sent/received, let me know!

GAME 5

Melinda, I still have not received your email vote. I will email you and you can respond to that with your vote...maybe that will work!!

I have received email votes from the following OBFERS. Any OBF member can vote (voting deadline Wed., OCT 22, 6 PM PACIFIC). Please do not post your vote here....EMAIL me! Thanks!

*Sheri voted
    *Nicole voted
    *NonnaG voted
    *Shirley voted
    *Promise voted
    *Margo voted
    *Jayeanne voted
    *Erica voted
    *Jeanne voted
    *Dawn voted
    BINGO TIME

"NICE BINGO"

The German was in a very NICE mood this morning, thus three fetches, just for you. Good Luck!!

30. “Bless You”
    2. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
    18. Football Season Is In Full Swing

Previously fetched......

40. Laughter……..
    33. 100 Grand Candy Bar
    6. Octoberfestbiers
    17. Almond Joy
    29. Pay It Forward
    31. Adopt A Dog Month
    11. Mr. Goodbar
    38. Snickers Bar
    16. Courteous
    7. Heath Bars

Margo, God Bless Mona.........

Mary E., what a NICE surprise...Matt's Wild Cherry tomatoes. They are pretty tasty!!

NonnaG, it is so very NICE to hear when someone loves their job!! Working with animals would be the best! They only want to please you!!

Shirley, I will be checking out that lily site!!! Thanks for posting that info!!

Sheri, glad you like your NICE package. OH, I love RED!!!

Happy Tuesday.....

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Tue, Oct 21, 14 at 11:51

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

How does NASA throw a birthday party? They planet.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Tue, Oct 21, 14 at 12:30

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Hoping everyone is having a Fantastic Tuesday!!

Annie ~ how did you know I love shopping @ kohl's? Attach is the measuring spoons, appreciate it!

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO NICE 2 ME AND SO MANY OTHERS!!!

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Melinda -- Your package should be there Friday! Sorry about the delay, I'm apparently a geographical oddity that took the post office 12 days to get me my priority mailers. I do believe that some thing bad happened to our former, regular, mail carrier, based on a rural chain of events. We live on a very curvy road. I certainly wouldn't want to deliver mail around those S curves! The mail is always late now. I hope you enjoy your package. It was put together with love.

Margo -- I'm sorry to hear about Mona. My heart goes out to her family.

Shirley -- I can't believe your husband blamed you for the maple tree falling because you planted it. Tell him you'll replace the maple with a Tullip Poplar so next time you don't miss! I'm just kidding!!!

Mary -- I love your sense of humor! :)

Annie and Nonna -- I love dog people! :) I have 5 dogs. They are all very special to me. Probably not as clean and well groomed as the ones Nonna deals with, but they are lucky they found a sucker like me.

How crazy is an Allium garden? I've planted so much Allium this month! I can't wait. I also planted some iris, daylilies, cala lily, columbine and pestemon plants too. I am so excited for next spring!

I have a sweet oriental woman teaching me about gardening. Her whole yard is a garden she's been working on for 14+ years. I love stopping by to give her something so we can tour her garden. Yes I was so bold to just stopped by because she shares the same passion as me. I had never seen orange cosmos before her garden. I love how that contrasts with her purple verbena all over. Now we share with each other. Gardening is AWESOME! :) :) :)

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Oh Annie! LOL You did NOT have to send me a prize for sending you anything! LOL This month has just been full of NICE surprises! That was YOUR NICE package for doing so many NICE things for ALL of US =) So happy you enjoyed your surprises =)

I must admit...after seeing Sheri's NICE package with that awesome bumper sticker - I thought wow that is pretty NICE! So I ordered a couple today..... what a NICE thing they are doing with those. So far they have sold 2305 NICE bumper stickers and the goal was 100,000. I hope they make it.

Thought this quote from their website was quite NICE so wanted to share with ya all...

“Just Be NICE" is such a simple message, but it’s something that people forget every day,” Kat Mason said. “I wanted to remind them, by wearing a Just Be NICE shirt, by putting a Just Be NICE sticker on my car and by using the Just Be NICE message as something positive to strive for on a daily basis.”

I cant seem to think of a NICER group of ladies then the ones we have right here. Ive really enjoyed this months Just be NICE swap Annie! =)

Jayeanne

ps...wouldn't it be NICE to see this around??

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bad me...I failed to remind you this morning that the WORLD SERIES was starting today currently in the 3rd inning). Do any of remember who is playing...LOL?????? Do any of you remember how you would WIN...LOL????? Do any of you (except for Margo) know what baseball is? I will refresh all of your brains tomorrow with the GAME 1 "WHO WILL WIN THE 2014 WORLD SERIES" scoop! I just know you can not wait...LOL!

Oh Jayeanne, I must say, I have put quite a few "JUST BE NICE" bumper stickers out and about. I thought my favorite Indian Casino, which I, of course, "visit", could use a few of them. So on my last "visit", I put a few of those stickers around the casino and the pool area. They may not be around the next time I "visit" but I tried! Simply, a great message...JUST BE NICE!!

I must run...Happy Evening!!

Annie

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

We LOVE baseball here, my son is currently in the fall ball 'playoffs' with his team! =) Ive attached a photo of the 'little' guy... I had to stop the other day and say 'you need to stop growing, soon you will need to put your head on my shoulder when u hug mama instead of me putting my head on your shoulder' he says 'but mama, I dont know why - but I cant stop growing - I think I grow when Im asleep, so I wont go to sleep anymore' LOL!! He is too sweet.... I think he knows he is wrapped around my little finger, LOL

Annie! YES LOVE both the teams that are left!! We have the games on and watch them like a hawk! LOL (well little guy watches it like a hawk!)

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS* (National League Champion)
    *********AND*********
    KANSAS CITY ROYALS*(American League Champion)

That is simply awesome with putting those NICE bumper stickers out there Annie, you'll have to keep us posted if they are still there on your next 'visit' LOL

Jayeanne

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

I am late in sending out my NICE envelope to my partner. Hope she will be NICE enough to forgive me!

Sue G

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Love the picture of your son Jayeanne! Hope everyone is having a good morning!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GAME 5

Suzanne (Hibiscus)....If you emailed me your vote, I did not receive! So please send again!

I have received email votes from the following OBFERS. Any OBF member can vote (voting deadline tonight, Wed., OCT 22, 6 PM PACIFIC). Please do not post your vote here....EMAIL me! Thanks!

*Sheri voted
    *Nicole voted
    *NonnaG voted
    *Shirley voted
    *Promise voted
    *Margo voted
    *Jayeanne voted
    *Erica voted
    *Jeanne voted
    *Dawn voted
    *Melinda voted
    *Mary E. voted
    *Susan (skyblue52) voted

TIZ BINGO TIME....

"NICE BINGO"

Baby J, the German and their friend, the St. Bernard dog "Ted" have shared todays fetching activity....Wednesdays fetches for you! Are things looking up for anyone? Good Luck!!

39. Clint Eastwood says, “Go Ahead, Make My Day.” (Sudden Impact, 1983)
    44. Sweetest Day (October 18)
    13. The Beach Boys sing, “Wouldn’t It Be Nice”

Previously fetched......

30. “Bless You”
    2. National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
    18. Football Season Is In Full Swing
    40. Laughter……..
    33. 100 Grand Candy Bar
    6. Octoberfestbiers
    17. Almond Joy
    29. Pay It Forward
    31. Adopt A Dog Month
    11. Mr. Goodbar
    38. Snickers Bar
    16. Courteous
    7. Heath Bars

*sguanzon (Sue G) send to lavenderpyly (Keyla) SENT or SENDING?

*pmb2005 (Promise) sends to ilovefarac (Melinda) SENT

*skyblue52 (Susan) sends to cottonwood468 (Mary E.) SENT/RECEIVED

*cottonwood 468 (Mary E.) sends to skyblue52 (Susan) SENT

*NonnaG (Connie) sends to bluee19 (Nicole) SENT

*canyonwind (Annie) sends to panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) SENT/RECEIVED

I will post a football guessing game shortly ot later today...in a hurry!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GAME 6…we will call this “HALF TIME POINTS, FINAL SCORE POINTS, College Football Is Nice”

Two prizes on the line here.
    Eight games below, to be played on Saturday, October 25

*Guess the HALF TIME SCORE TOTAL (all games combined) For example, if each of the eight games are tied at 3-3 (meaning each team has 3 points) going in to halftime, than the half time total would be 48 (6 points x 8 games)
    *Guess the FINAL SCORE TOTAL (all games combined). In other words, when all eight games are completed, how many TOTAL points will be scored by the Winners and the Losers in the eight games.

Post your guess
    Ex half time 146
    Ex final score 218

Same rules apply. Whoever is closest wins, whether the guess is lower or higher. But if for example, the total is 102 points and Sheri guesses 100 and Shirley guesses 104….102 is smack in the middle…. My rule is OVER WINS…so Shirley wins.

Post your guesses here by Saturday October 25, 9 AM PACIFIC. DO NOT pick numbers that someone else has chosen.

And the games…

Texas at Kansas St.
    Mississippi St. at Kentucky
    Michigan at Michigan St.
    Ole Miss at LSU .
    Alabama at Tennessee
    South Carolina at Auburn
    Ohio St. @ Penn St.
    USC at Utah

Q’s please ask! Good Luck!!

Must run. Will talk baseball later.

Annie

• bluee19
    9 years ago

half time 227
    final score 345

I don't know much about football so I am guessing numbers. :(

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

half time 203
    final score 433

Melinda - thank you!! He is my pride and joy!! =) He is currently testing for his black belt as well right now! Ill share one of his photos here sometime.

ROLL TIDE!
    Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Wed, Oct 22, 14 at 17:03

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Yea you know I was waiting on Sweetest day. 5 more to go happy a great weds. Susan

This post was edited by skyblue52 on Wed, Oct 22, 14 at 16:59

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Annie!

Was so excited to receive your NICE surprise in the mail today! You must know me all too well, LOL I love handtowels! and this looks so NICE in my kitchen hanging on the stove!

Thank you so much Annie! Hugs!!

Jayeanne

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Half time-210
    Final Score-450

Yeah I have 3 BINGO words left.

Margo-Sorry to hear about Mona's passing.

MaryE-Love the NASA joke will have to remember that one.

Promise-Yes gardening is awesome. I too will stop and talk to every gardener I find.

Annie-I hope you see your BE NICE bumper stickers on some cars some day.

Jayeanne-Your Son looks close to the age of my Grandson (10). Dawson loves any sport that has a ball in it. My favorite one to go and watch is basketball...love that game.

The foot Dr. who did my surgery has a not too friendly receptionist and I have made it a challenge to kill her with kindness. Finally today she was very NICE and asked if I ever wanted to do anything give her a call. I may just call her when back on my feet and take her out to lunch. My Dr. said he would take the pin out of my toe next week, I was thinking it was maybe 3 inches long but he said more like 6 inches, He did tell me to take a pain pill before I came. I may just take 2-3 pain pills. OUCH

I was wondering when Eddie would get back from bear hunting and fix us something to eat when a lady from Church brought all kinds of good food. Mashed potatoes, roast beef, green beans, pound cake, tea, rolls, two pies and frozen spaghetti for later. How nice for the Church ladies to do this for us.

Shirley

• smitties
    9 years ago

Annie, received my NICE prize today and how cute are those measuring spoons. I am delighted and they will be a Nice replacement to my old, well worn ones. Thank you so much.

Hubby and I went on a drive to a metro park in Toledo and walk a beautiful trail. Found the most unusual spider walking across the trail. I will post on another post from my phone. I hate spiders and this would have been one nasty one to step on.

I came home and had a couple hours of NICE sun to get some garden cleaning done as well as some seed harvesting. Actually worked up a bit of a sweat and it was only 57. Nice though.

Shirley, I just love the kindness of nice people who know when someone is in a bit of need.

Jayeanne, good luck to your cute son. He reminds me of when my sons were younger and playing ball. Sure do miss that. How nice though if they win.

I have four more words in Bingo left to get yet.

I will say

half time 210
    final 495

Margo

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

My guesses are-
    halftime 197
    final 336

Please keep my family in prayer, I lost my niece today. She had a heart attack at the age of 38. Quite a shock! One never knows, do we? Thanks, Melinda

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Melinda ~ I m so sorry for you loss and will keep her in my thoughts! So very sorry :(

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary is so NICE!!! I received her Spooktacular swap pack today, but inside, she enclosed a bunch of goodies for me:
    2 kinds of Candy
    Gum
    2 Halloween rubber stamps
    2 packs of seeds
    plant cuttings
    3 glass vials
    2 glass eye droppers
    hemp chapstick
    A million Halloween thank yous to Mary!

• smitties
    9 years ago

Ok, here is the spider I was referring too. So unusual. Anyone know what it is? I think it's a spider.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Holy crap! That's a spider? I thought it was a hermit crab, until I read what you wrote.

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Smitties -- That is a Nice, Araneus marmoreus, MARBLED ORBWEAVER. Orbweaver's make beautiful webs. They are one of my favorites.

Annie -- Today I received my NICE rooster plate and NICE measuring spoons. Thank you so much! I immediately started using both as I was sorting and packaging seeds when they arrived. I did take a picture and will post later. Thank you so much!

Melinda -- I am so sorry honey! You and your family are in my prayers. 38 is just too young.

God, please bless and watch over all my gardening friends.

• smitties
    9 years ago

Melinda, I am sorry to hear about your niece. Such a shock and so young.

Promise, not a spider I would want to come across again. Ick so pretty but yet so ugly. So big and I am glad I did not step on it.

Margo

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

Hello to all of my lovely OBF friends

Melinda my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm sure you've all seen the princess and the frog disney movie. At the right angle didn't that spider have some voo doo art on his back? Wow.

My football guesses are

Half time 352
    Final 705

I have an extremely crazy day tomorrow so I'll call it a night

NonnaG

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

"Picture This, Just Be Nice" is closed.

Suzanne (Hibiscus), I did receive your vote this morning.

I will announce "your favorite" in the morning!

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just noticed, we are coming to the end of this thread.

I will start a new update # 3, but please finish on this thread and then I will carry over all the essential stuff in the morning...

And for your information, at presant, in Game 2 (top of the ninth) of the World Series, the score Kansas City 7 - San Francisco 2.....

Happy Evening!

Annie

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Melinda - sending you lots of prayers and hugs your way....

Shirley - my 'little guy' will soon be 12 in about 2-1/2 months.(if you ask him, he thinks he is about 15, LOL) He did testing last night for Martial Arts and passed with flying colors! He is currently testing for his black belt...3 total - he passed his first one last night - 2 more to go. He has been breaking the black board with his hand and foot for well over a year now. (that is the highest board, some adults cant even do this) This is a NICE photo of him at his last tournament/competition the end of July 'sparring' - his favorite part! (Yes, mama is so proud! =)

Margo! wow! never saw a spider like that before! She must be out and about for Halloween =)

Enjoy your day ladies... not even suppose to reach 50 today...we are in some sort of a 'nor easter' right now -we are getting torrential rain falls and 50+ mph winds - in effect until 11 pm or later tonight.Electricity went out last night.

Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Tue, Oct 28, 14 at 12:05

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I like that marbled orbweaver, a beautiful girl. Promise, thanks for the ID.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I like that marbled orbweaver, a beautiful girl. Promise, thanks for the ID.