SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pondwelr

narrow space, need ideas

pondwelr
17 years ago

Between the end of my concrete porch and my garage that pokes out beyond the house, I have a narrow space. About 4 feet wide, about 5 ft deep. So, this space is defined by the garage wall, the porch, the house, and, in front, the sidewalk to the front door.

When I moved in, I planted a Tinkerbelle lilac grafted onto some kind of tall rootstock, in that space. I loved the scent and the shape. However, I also have the only front yard access to the hose in that same spot. As the shrub grew wider and wider, I had a hard time getting to the hose bib. So, had it cut down last year. Now what do I do?

I need a narrow something to enliven the spot. This is south facing, and protected from our west winds.

Right now, it is filled with vinca, which is taking over, and I want to get rid of it.

I thought of a bunch of lilies. Or maybe a Clematis to grow up the small garage wall

I did put an extension hose on the hose bib and hung the hose on the porch post, but I still have to get to the faucet to turn the water on and off.

Front yard,---needs to look good. Any ideas for me? thanks, Pondy

Comments (13)

Sponsored