SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1tomatoplantplz

Curly top virus??

Hello all!

Back again, with a new tomato plant, and problems. :(

Bought a celebrity plant about 2 weeks ago, transplanted it, gave it good soil/amended soil, plant food/fertilizer, and sprayed it with bonide vegetable spray.

Thought all was going well, up until about 3-4 days ago, when I brought home a Nasurtium (sp?) flower from a different nursery and placed it next to my celebrity tomato plant, and within a day, I noticed one of the bottom leaves curling on the celebrity plant.

I immediately removed the contained nasurtium plant away from the tomato plant, hoping it was just an unrelated thing.

All my plants are growing in containers, btw.

So, i've noticed that the curl seems to have continued throughout the plant.

I removed it from the container garden today, in hopes that it did not pass along the 'disease' to the remaining tomato plants.

As of right now the others look ok.

I thought it was just dry, or maybe over-fertilized but now I am starting to really think something more serious is going on.

We had heavy rains last night, and when I came out to look at my garden, I noticed that the leaves on the celebrity still look gnarled/curly.

So, what do you think? Is it Curly top virus? Or over-fertilization.

Also, when I brought home the nasurtium plant, I noticed these weird little brownish/mottled looking jumpy bugs surrounding them. What are they?

Guess that's it, for now.

Here's the pics.

Comments (8)