SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derbyka

Curly Top Virus?

derbyka
14 years ago

I tried to read through any relevant postings I could find but couldn't find anything that would give me a sure diagnostic. I have two sweet-100 plants in a large well-drained pot (about 18/20 inches). They are planted in 1-1-1 topsoil, perlite, peat moss with some added compost, egg shells, bone meal, and blood meal. Also gave them a small application of organic nitrogen only fertilizer when I planted them. They've been doing great, but I hadn't stake them yet, and the other day it got very windy. The wind somewhat battered them, but when I was getting them into cages, I noticed that some of the lower branches were quite twisted. One was more than 360 degrees. The leaves themselves weren't curled, however. I then looked at the new leaves and noticed they were chloritic, cupped, small, and the veins looked pronounced. I had two of the same variety last year which started with the same symptoms but ended up getting tiny stiff leaves on top and eventually stopped growing and stopped setting fruit. These plants are still setting a fruit as of today (two flowers came off and tiny tomatoes there). I also have one "patio tomato" that isn't twisted on the lower part but has the same effect on the new leaves. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Not sure how to post photos but have them if someone could tell me how. Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH