SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katib_gardener

Can someone help me with my tomato leaf curl issue?

katib_gardener
15 years ago

Per Dave's request, I'm starting a new thread on the leaf curl / roll (don't know which) that I am seeing on one of my plants.

I bought this celebrity seedling and planted it outdoors early to mid April. Our weather was upper 70s and 80s during the month of April, with lows around 55.

It is planted in a large (I am guessing 5 to 7 gal) pot since I cannot plant in my ground. The soil is a vegetable potting soil with slow release fertilizer. I added fish emulsion when I transplanted and periodically add it every couple of weeks.

It started flowering just after transplant, I pulled those blooms off (I now think that was a mistake but like I said it was within a day or two of transplant and I am pretty new to this stuff).

It put out a ton of blooms in may, nothing fruited. The temps were high here in may, 90s and 100s with one 'cold' snap in the 70s over the memorial day holiday. All the blossoms have turned brown and shriveled up. I have yet to get any fruit set. Now the leaves are starting to curl into tube like shapes. I don't see any sign of disease, discoloration, or insect.

This plant is not on my drip irrigation, so I water it daily, enough to wet the soil, but it doesn't seem like there's excess collecting in the bottom of the pot.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)