SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeninmaine

should I worry about this?

jeninmaine
18 years ago

Hi - I think this is the best place to post this.

Last week DURING THE DAY (middle of the day/sunny/hot) my sister in laws came over and we heard this really weird loud screaming that started out sounding like a child being beaten or something and near the end sounded more like a puppy yelping/screaming in pain. We ventured a little ways into the woods behind my house and glimpsed a raccoon like/fox like animal but we don't know if that was the animal making the sound.

I heard the screaming like this the next day also and then yesterday afternoon (a week after the first sounds).

Then last night (well early this morning actually) - it was 12:30 am or so - my daughter and I woke up to VERY loud screaming, very scary sounding and it sounded like it was right in our living room because we had all the windows opened.

Should I be worried that it has happened during the day and now during the night?

I've been searching online all morning trying to figure out who here in Maine I could contact for info on this.

The warden? Animal Control?

Anyone else had an experience like this? Do you think it is a fisher or raccoon?

Thanks for your help!

Jen in Maine

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor