SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasander77

Cedar Mulch Brands?

jasander77
12 years ago

This question is directed to those of you with experience using Scotchman's Choice Cedar Mulch (Home Depot) and Texas Native Cedar Mulch (Lowe's).

Is there a noticeable color difference between the two after it's been out of the bag for a few hours?

Long story short ... I put 30 bags of the Scotchman's in about a third of our front flower bed over the weekend. I need 185 bags to finish off the entire front, back and side yards. After researching bulk vs bagged ... the cheapest way to go is bagged. Lowe's is scheduled to deliver 185 bags of Texas Native tomorrow morning. I took a sample of to Lowe's before I purchased to compare. The consistency and size was the same ... but the Texas Native seemed darker brown rather than a nice golden tan. I assumed it was because it was still wet ... but it seems like the Scotchman's was tan even when it was wet.

Now I'm worried I've spent quite a bit of money and will have two completely different colors of mulch. I'm debating on whether or not I should cancel the Lowe's order and go back to Home Depot even though it's going to be more expensive?

Comments (5)