SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keeya_gw

Need help with an annoying Robin

Keeya
19 years ago

I need HELP.

First off I love birds. I like them visiting in my garden but I have an annoying problem with a Robin that visits.

For 2 weeks he keeps coming to my front window. He pecks ALL DAY LONG on the glass. I close the blinds, that doesn't work. I've also put a fake cat on the window ledge. Nothing works. He doesn't seem to be frightened of me. He hops away, but stays close. If I get him to leave, he then goes to back of house and hangs on the kitchen window and pecks. This goes on ALL DAY from sunrise to sunset. My windows are filthy. The constant pecking has become very annoying. My front porch also looks like Pigeons live here (all the droppings)...what a MESS.

We do own a parrot. We've had her for 13 years. She IS very vocal/noisy. 3 weeks ago we left for a week long trip and family members stopped in daily to care for her. I'm wondering if she made such a racket vocally while we were away as this trouble with the Robin was noticed immediately upon our return.

I hope I don't have to put up with the window pecking and bird poop all over the porch for the whole Summer.

Has anyone here had this trouble? How did you resolve it if you did find a solution?

Thanks...hope this is the right forum for this question.

Keeya

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus