SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jas_il

--New-- Freshly harvest seed swap

jas_il
17 years ago

Hi everyone, I would like to host my first seed swap. To join the fun, post a message here in this forum and email me for my address.

This is a seed swap for seeds of vegetables, herbs, flowers, hosta, coleus, clematis, bonsai, ornamental grasses and any other you think of.

Here are the rules:

- You can send as many packets of seed that you would like, but please no more than three packets of the same variety. If you would like to include "bonus" packets please put "bonus" on them.

- You can send any kind of seeds in the packet. If you send large seeds, put at least 10 seeds per packet, if medium at least 25 seeds per packet, if small at least 1/4 tsp seeds per packet, and if tiny at least 1/2 tsp seeds per packet or as you desire. You can always send more :)

- You can send any kind of seeds in the packet as above. Please use bubble wrapped envelope. I will reuse the envelopes sent to me.

- Enclose a return address lable and enough postage to return envelope. it will need to be at least as much as it cost to send. Please include an extra stamp for bonus packets, if possible.

- A copy of your wish list and a list of what you sent are helpful. I would try to fill as much as according to your wish list but what you get back depends on what everyone sends in.

- Be sure to put your GW name on each pack of seeds so you do not get your own seeds back.

- Deadline for mailing to me will be Nov. 28, 2006. I will return seeds the first week in Dec 2006.

- I will send you email when I receive your packets of seeds in the mail.

- I would add few bonuses with every packet.

- So Sign up today to get many seeds for coming season.

Thanks

Jasmine

Comments (51)

• candycow
    17 years ago

i would love to join will send you a email

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Count me in! Will email you with addy. Thank you!

• skyblue52
    17 years ago

hello Would love to join Susan

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everybody,

Thanks for signing up. So far 5 people have signed up. Everything looks good so far.

Thanks again
    Jasmine

• sji1981
    17 years ago

Hi Jasmine, I would love to join.

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sji thanks for joining the swap. Few people from other group also signed up the swap. Now we have 8 people in the swap.

Looking for more to join the swap. The more people join the more seeds you will get.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

Please add me for this swap.

dem_pa

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

I'd like to join.
    gardeningjunkie

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hello,
    Count me in as interested too!

Happy Fall,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

My seeds are going in the mail today.
    gardeningjunkie

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Jasmine sign me up.Send me your address and I will send you mine.Thank you for hosting this.It sounds like this is going to be a real fun one..
    moonphase/Annette

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Candycow, Your seeds arrived today.

Thanks everybody for signing up. The list is growing everyday. Still plenty of time is left. So please sign up.

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gene,
    I've resent my address. Hope you might have recieved it by this time. If not please let me know.
    Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

gardeningjunkie, your seeds arrived.
    Thanks
    jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

update:
    Hi everyone,
    So far 15 people have signed up for the swap. Got 2 packets of seeds and the 3rd is in the mail.

Looking for more people to join.
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gene,
    Your seeds arrived today.
    Thanks

• evilei
    17 years ago

Hi Jasmine,
    May I still sign up?
    Thanks.
    Eileen

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks evilei for signing up.

Twenty more days to go so you can still sign up. 16 swappers have signed up so far. Recived some great seeds.

Thanks everybody
    Jasmine

• madamekikia2z
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I want to join

Kiki

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kiki nice to have you in the group,
    I sent you an email through the group. I am not sure if it went through or not. I need your email address.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I'd like to play! Sending you email now.
    Does it have to be 'named?' Cuz I have several that USED to have a name, but because of the way I (didn't) mark my garden/WS containers, they are now orphans.
    Not sure how much I'll send in, but I have several things that I know I'll have many more than I need for 07.

• pink_petunia_20862
    17 years ago

What fun, count me in.

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I would like to join. let me know if it's too late or not.
    thanks michelle

• sji1981
    17 years ago

My seeds went out today.

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey everyone,
    Now only 12 days left for this swap, so I think it's time to wind up the swap. Please send your seed packets as soon as possible so that it could arrive before 28th. As soon as all the seed packets arrive and if there are no new participants I will close this swap and return all the packets after 28th.

If anybody wants to sign up please sign up now.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    sorry I forgot to include a wishlist.
    I like mostly annuals zinnias, cosmos, sunflowers, columbines, and viola
    but realisticly I will be happy with anything you send.
    thanks michelle

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

Hi, Jasmine. Please sign me up and send your addy. I have been harvesting clematis seeds and grass seeds.
    Bobbie

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

update:

Four seed packets arrived.

Michelle
    sji
    Jenifer
    Eileen

Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

One more week to go. As I am waiting for seeds to arrive you can still sign up.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

dem_pa got your seeds.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kiki and pink petunia got your seeds.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting for 3 more package to arrive.
    Jasmine

• madamekikia2z
    17 years ago

Hi Jamine,
    I sent my package yesterday.
    I hope its not too late.

Kiki

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry for the confusion. I got the seed from Tina and all this time I was thinking that Kiki and Tina are the same person and that I got seed from kiki.

Thanks kiki for clearing the confusion. I will wait for your seeds.

got the seeds from Bobbie, Lisa and moonphase.

So now waiting for two more package to arrive.
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

just a note -
    No package arrived in today's mail. So I am still waiting for jodi and kiki's seeds.

Thanks

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everybody,

Today kiki's package arrived. Still waiting for one more to arrive. Please bear with me.

If anybody wants that I should return your package soon please let me know.
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,

Got all the packages.

I will sort it out and mail all the seeds out by saturday. When I mail the seeds I will post here.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey everyone,

Today I mailed all the seeds out.

Thank you so much for particepating and making it a great success. You all sent some great seeds. More people have particepated in the swap than I ever anticepated so I am really thankful to everybody. I tried my level best to give you all different varieties of seeds. Though it was my first swap but I hope that it would be satisfactory for everybody.

When you receive your seeds please do not forget to post your feedback which would be very valuble for me. I am really curious to know how it went and what you all think about the seeds you receive.

Thanks again and God bless
    Jasmine
    http://insearchofpeace.org
    http://sisaac.com
    http://jcSearch.com

Here is a link that might be useful: In search of Peace

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I receved my seeds today, and I am very happy with them.
    I think you did a great job, the only feed-back I have is for us nuts that are in many swaps at once, is that you put the name of the swap on or in the envie. I got great seeds, a few for winter sowing!!!great!!
    thanks again for hosting
    merry christmas
    michelle

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Jasmine! I received my seeds today and I really liked the variety you sent me! Thanks so much for all your hard work on this swap - you did a great job. Thanks Jasmine! - Lisa

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

My seeds also arrived today. Thanks for doing such a good job choosing a variety of seeds for me. Bobbie

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Jasmine,
    I received my seeds today.I want to Thank You so very much for being such a great host.The seeds I got are all wonderful.Hope you host again real soon.
    moonphase

• pink_petunia_20862
    17 years ago

Thanks Jasmine,
    I got my seeds yesterday, great job. I had a hard time figuring out where they came from though until I went through my records. The name on the return envelope really through me, it wasn't Jasmine or any name I had traded with before, but i finely figured it out. Thanks again.

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am so glad that you loved the seeds I sent. It really filled me with joy.

I am sorry for the confusion. My address lable on package will be Sheela Isaac (not Jasmine). Actually my full name is Sheela Jasmine Isaac.

Mail delivery might be little slow because of Christmas time. Hope everybody will receive the package this week itself.

Thanks
    Jasmine

Here is a link that might be useful: In search of Peace

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks for hosting a great swap. Santa came early. What a great variety of seeds.

dem_pa

• madamekikia2z
    17 years ago

I received the package yesterday.
    Thank you for organizing the swap.

Happy Holidays!
    Kiki

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I got mine, too! Thanks for hosting, and filling 'missing wish lists!' LOL!

• evilei
    17 years ago

Oh why oh why haven't I gotten my seeds yet?? Am I the only one still waiting? Every day I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas checkin the mailbox!
    Eileen

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Eileen,

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your seeds. I thought that all of you might have got your seeds by this time. It's really weared. I've mailed all the seeds on Dec 9th. It might be getting delayed for some reason. While I was waiting for your seed packets one packet arrived after almost 9 days of posting and it was mailed from nearby state of mine. So Let's wait for few more days (a week or two) and see what happens or I'll send you another packet.

Is there anyone else is still waiting for seeds? Please let me know.

Jasmine

• jas_il
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Eileen,

Finally I mailed you another pkg. Now I can relax :)
    delivery confirmation N. 0306 0320 0004 6921 0912

Thanks for particepating in the swap.

Happy Gardening
    Jasmine