SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheltieche

Tomato leaf problem, treatment schedule

sheltieche
10 years ago

I have looked into old posts and found many suggestions. Still have question- how often one can spray? i.e. I used milk and baking soda last week, copper today after rain, when can I use something else?
Currently have bottom leaves yellowing with dark specs, looks more like bacterial spots but could be early blight. I have only heirlooms and OP plants and garden at community lots zone 5 Chicago and recent weather has been wet and humid.
Attempted to do milk and baking soda treatment last week with seemingly no improvement, removed all yellow infected leaves, sprayed today with copper. I also have Serenade to try and SNS 244. I have raised beds, no mulch as it has been rather coolish till a week ago. Plants are highly pruned and bottom watered but rains are frequent.
I understand I can use copper every 7-10 days but what about other treatments in the meantime? Desirable? Or stick to once a week/ add after rain with one product and next week with another? I try to stick with more organic choices so to speak.
Since it is a community property there is tons of everything there as lots close and everyone grows tomatoes, peppers etc.
I have no problems with plants near my house and grew all from seeds.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH