SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mario_s_gw

A new Violet? Need help IDing and propagating

Mario_S
21 years ago

I have currently been in keen to some small purple flowers around our house and using them in and around the pond. Well today I discovered one odd one. Instead of purple it was white with purple in the center, I couldnÂt believe it. We have quite a bite growing around the house all purple. I been keeping an eye on them for about 3 years now. And when I seen this one I couldnÂt believe it. Well tonight I researched them and discovered they were violets. I was hoping that you could tell me what species these are and the common name. Also if this white one is a common variation or a new hybrid or mutation.

Also how should I go about pollinating this or propagating more of this unique variation. I just love this new one I found and want more. I have already killed me a bee to pollinate with and know I am on a limited time frame, so I need some advice on what I should to before the bloom closes. I have it transplanted into a container so theirs less of a chance of contamination from the others.

Here is a link with the pics and more details. http://www.theflyproductions.com/mario/violet.htm

Thank you for your time and understanding,

Mario

Comments (5)

Sponsored