SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puffyjbo

Bin emitted a cloud!

PuffyJBo
18 years ago

I have a 30 some odd gallon worm bin that is far overdue for emptying out and starting anew. I've been adding layers instead of changing the bedding which seems to be working well except for the part where my bin is almost full.

Anyway, today I decided I wanted to see what was on the bottom of the bin. I had no apparent reason for this, just curious. I also had a complete disregard for any of the creepy crawlies that might be bad for me in the bin as I stuck my arms elbow deep in the worm pewp and lifted.

Imagine my surprise a grey cloud came poofing out of the bin a few inches from my face! The bin wasn't hot at all so I figure it must of been mold spores or something similar.

Now most sane people would have put down the compost and headed for the shower all the while letting their imagination run amok. I, however, wanted to get to the bottom of the mystery. Unfortunately, I failed miserably. The compost was black and wet as soggy newspapper and there was no sign of anything that could cause such a cloud.

Any thoughts as to what the cloud may have been?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor