SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trichard1966

new: newbie '52 pick-up' cottage exchange- 10 bodies needed

TRichard1966
18 years ago

I'd like to host a "52 pick-up" mixup swap. It's very easy, and I can attest to my own honesty & integrity. (If you need coupon-trade references, I can certainly provide them for you). If you've ever played 52 pick-up with cards, it's the same thing.

Who can play: Preferably Newbies, but since I'm new myself, I won't know if you're not, so we'll go on the 'honor system' for that one ;)

How many participants: 10 only, please.

What to do:First, refer to the FAQ in the Seed Exchange on how to prepare your seed packets if you aren't sure how to do this.

1. Prepare or purchase 10 packets of your favorite seed of the cottage variety. Needs to be 10 identical packets. If you're preparing your own from your garden and can't make 10 of the same variety, do 5 each of two selections. The only real requirement is that you send 10 packets of seeds.

2. Put them in a Bubble Mailer.

3. Include a slip of paper inside with your own snail-mail addy on it (so I can mail it back to you).

4. Whatever the postage is to mail your packet to me, please also include that much unused postage in the envie for the return trip to your house.

5. Email the host (that's me) for the snail-mail addy to which to send your package.

6. Mail off your package.

What happens next? Once I get everyone's packets, I'll redistribute them all so that everyone has 10 new packets (one of everyone's offerings) and send the envies back to you all. Hopefully there will be enough variety that you won't get the same type of seeds that you sent back. BONUS!!! THE HOST WILL ALSO PUT IN AN ADDITIONAL 2 PACKETS OF SEEDS SO YOU'LL GET 12 PACKETS BACK!!!

Time Frame: Post here by 9/22 (that's next thursday) that you'd like to participate. First 10 bodies get to play. If we don't have 10 participants, I'll try to make up the difference.

Send your packets by 9/29 (2 weeks from today). I should receive them by Columbus Weekend.

I'll return the envies on Tuesday, October 11, so you should have them back in your hands by this time next month.

Provided all goes well, we should each have a nice selection of seeds to start our collections/trade lists/gardens in a month!

Thanks for participating!

Comments (22)