SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

RMG Seed Exchange '10

highalttransplant
14 years ago

Yeah, I know it's still 2009, but I thought I would start this thread now, and see how much interest there is before the new year arrives.

In '07 and '08, I did the swap in the fall, but several people said that they hadn't finished harvesting seeds yet, so I thought maybe doing it during January would be better timing for everyone.

This isn't actually a group swap, but more of a place to connect with other gardeners with similar growing conditions, so that we may share our seeds with one another.

Here's how it works. You can either:

1) Post a list of seeds you have that you are willing to trade, or maybe just give to someone willing to send a self-addressed stamped envelope.

OR

2) Update your GW exchange page, and post a link to it, so that people can see what seeds you have to trade, and which ones you are looking for.

Then, you can post here if you are interested in something from someone's list. You could also email that person privately, but be aware that some people have trouble receiving emails through GW, so you may want to post your request in addition to the email.

If you post a list or link, be sure to check in occasionally to see if anyone has made a request. Seeds will be sent directly to the person making the request, so you will need to exchange addresses once a trade has been agreed upon.

Seeds can be ones that you have harvested from your garden, or leftover commercial seeds. Most of us will be ordering seeds for the upcoming gardening season, but will only use a few out of each packet. This is a good way to share what you have, and expand the variety of seeds in your inventory.

My trade list is fairly up to date, but I may post a list of some things that I have in abundance. So while you peruse all of those new catalogs, go ahead and update your wishlist on your trade page. You never know who might have some extras to share.

Bonnie

Comments (15)