SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

40 tomatoes on one small Early Girl plant

californian
16 years ago

This is definitely the best tomato plant I ever raised. It is loaded with 40 tomatoes on a plant only about two and a half feet wide and eighteen inches high. In contrast my Brandywines only have about two tomatoes on each. It has even more tomatoes set than the Husky cherry tomatoes. This years tomato garden is looking like it will be the best I ever made, possibly because I put half of a one cubic foot bag of steer manure in each planting hole plus whatever planting mix or shredded wood or shredded bark or potting soil I happen to get on the pallets of broken bags I buy from Home Depot or Lowes. I also meticulously pulled out over 11,000 weed seedlings from around my 29 tomato plants and other stuff I planted instead of letting them take over as in previous years. I am letting the tomatoes sprawl but am putting a handful of shredded cedar under each cluster of tomatoes that is touching the ground to keep them off the dirt and so far it seems to have kept the roly polys from eating holes in them.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus