SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thinkstoomuch

mulch for tomatoes

thinkstoomuch
14 years ago

In my attempt to find an appropriate mulch for my tomatoes, I have found a product called Mainely Mulch. It is a salt hay substitute, and I would like to know if it is ok to use on my tomatoes. It is fairly pricey, but I only have six plants.

Other than this, the only mulch I find is the typical bagged cedar type red and black bagged mulches you find at the big box stores. I'm assuming this is not usable on tomato plants.

Any advice is appreciated!

Kim

Info:

Mainely Mulch

"Salt Hay Substitute"

The Original High Temperature Heat Processed,

Dehydrated, Sterilized Straw & Hay Mulch Product!

Mainely Mulch "Salt Hay Substitute" is superior to all other packaged or baled hay or straw products!

Mainely Mulch is exposed to extremely high drying temperatures, just short of combustion. High temperatures destroy noxious weed seeds as well as the majority of any residual "crop" seeds such wheat, oats, or barley. Though not 100% sterilized, Mainely Mulch is as clean a product as we can make without resorting to the use of chemical herbicides that would render it unsuitable for organic gardening. We produce a "virtually weed free" mulch that reduces the likelihood of contributing foreign plant species to gardens, perennial beds, or newly seeded lawn areas. These high temperatures also destroy mold, mildew and fungal spores. Other hay or straw products are "field dried" and not exposed to high temperature treatment. Mainely Mulch is "Virtually weed free" because we exposed it to very high temperatures, and we put that in writing! Others cannot make that claim because theyÂre only field dried.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting