SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chuckiebtoo

Bin harvest...My worms have no class

chuckiebtoo
18 years ago

Redundency, being stubborn-headedness, or an early warning sign of alzheimer's, has once again reared its ugly head while I harvested an otherwise Vermicomposting Digest picture-perfect advertisement for the utopian bin.

Once again, I will describe the layers of the bin from the bottom up. Lower 4"...yucky, too wet castings just on the verge of becoming a putrid mess teeming with healthy, sassy, arrogant vermi of all ages pretty much PO'd that they are being removed from the flooded 9th wardish bottom layer. Middle 5" layer...a veritable veggie salad bar of great vermi foodstuff atop fluffy bedding totally deserted except for a few bored BSF larva being the best they can be. Top 5"....fluffy bedding perfectly moisturized and totally unnecessary.

Can anyone explain why these worms, assuming they aren't undergoing some sort of alien terrorist training, choose to live in the most disgusting, amenity-deprived slum area of the bin?

Does the scientific study of vermi have "enough verifiable study data in hand" to answer this question, or should I just leave em in the muck?

Teetering, just hanging on to the faith.

Chuckiebtoo

Comments (7)