SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
river_crossroads

Need MG ID, please, pics

Hi Ron, hi everyone,

I need ID & info on this MG. Someone has brought me a nice pot of rooted cuttings & IÂm posting her pictures of her vine at her house. If anyone needs clearer pics to ID, IÂm very sorry but I canÂt provide them as she lives in the country & IÂve never been to her house. She says the leaf & the flower are enormous compared to the normal kind of MG that sheÂs used to & she thinks her vine is a volunteer. Dies back in winter, returns in spring. SheÂs never seen any seed pods on it.

Is this an invasive kind of MG? If so, if I plant it in pots and sink the pots would that keep me from being invaded? We get hard freezes here & a real winter but our wet climate encourages many invasive plants.

Ron, you sent me some nice e-mail replies last spring when I had MG seedlings (that IÂve since killed). I was concerned back then about cross-fertilization with my neighborÂs MG. A future project is getting pictures of her sepals for you. Or maybe my new one really is seedless?

Note vine in background of 2nd pic is the same vine, I think. Can I use Fertilome 3-in-1 spray on my potted cuttings? I see holes & little white dots on undersides of leaves.

Thanks, Ron, thanks, all!

River

{{gwi:1346783}}

{{gwi:1346784}}

{{gwi:1346785}}

Comments (8)