SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbararose21101

Tea: VC tea, Worm tea, & etc.

barbararose21101
9 years ago

I searched for tea recipes first. Twenty seven results, including (probably ) TMI about molasses. Tim Wilson, the guy with the microscope, uses molasses . . . and lots of air. I had to read a lot both here and on The Logical Gardener, to learn that probably one aquarium pump and small airstone is not enough air for a 5 gallon bucket. If I have the "math" right, Tim seems to recommend a cup of Blackstrap molasses for a 5 gallon bucket.

The more modest arrangement ( one pump to 5 gal bucket) does make a "hard boil" which is what Ingam described as a goal. Since some say simply stir, there are lots of experiences and opinions.

Chuckiebtoo's routine in gallons is comparable proportion wise to Tim's -- near as I can tell. His, or similar advice should IMO stay near the top of the page and easy to find, because (I assume) we want to offer as good advice as we can on a highly variable topic.

Also I read & have been told that commercial Worm Tea is usually what is called "leachate" on this forum. Sometimes it is chemically stabilized and not comparable to Aerated Vermicompost Tea.

Tim wants Tea to be renamed Microbial Extrapolation !
That would at least reduce confusing it with commercial leachate.

CB2: Do you want to re post your recipe/advice
IF/AS IF it were a five gallon bucket ?
(Which , I think, is more common than using shoe boxes and gallon jugs.)

Comments (5)