SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollypitts

wondering if i should start a veggie garden 9x9 area

mollypitts
16 years ago

Hi Everyone, after neglecting my yard for the past few years I've decided this is the year to get back on track. I have an area in the back corner of my backyard that gets full sun all day. I thought I might clear out the grass/weeds somehow (till?) and start a small vegetable garden. I grow antique roses but never have I tried veggies after failing miserably with tomatoes.

My question is: can anyone suggest a few things for me to try each season and give me a suggestion for design such as rows or just a big square with different things growing at different heights. It would probably be placed right up against my privacy fence.

Would a good idea be to start this weekend and maybe plant - zuchini, green beans, squash, eggplant? Any variety suggestions.

Pictures would be wonderful since I'm not too creative. And finally, if there is a good book available that shows design and ideas for what/when to plant each season and is Austin, TX oriented I would love to know of it.

THANK YOU. I know this is a lot.

p.s. If I should be looking at another forum please let me know. I did spend about 3 hours on here looking around and feel overwhelmed.

Comments (10)