SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeroldrburrow

June 2008 Garden Pictures

jeroldrburrow
15 years ago

This year I expanded my garden from 4 tomato plants to 15. I built raised beds and implemented advice and techniques I found here on GW. Below is what I'm growing this year -- all new to me exept for Sweet 100:

1x Lemon Boy

1x NAR

1x Omar's Lebanese

1x Sunset's Red Horizon

1x Hawaiian Pineapple

1x Black Ethiopian

2x Black Cherry

1x Green Grape

1x Galinas

1x Cerise Orange

1x Sweet 100

1x Sungold

1x Gardener's Delight

1x Yellow Pear

The Garden

Tomatoes all along the fence on the right side and some at the very left.

Black Cherry #1 & Sweet 100

That Black Cherry is a monster! Sweet 100 has always produce well for me so I had to grow it again this year.

Galinas & Cerise Orange

Galinas is my first PL variety. Quite a contrast when seen right next to RL types.

Green Grape & Black Cherry #2

I'm a bit woried about the Green Grape -- it's been short like this for a while now. My Omar's did the same thing, but quickly grew out of it. Other than it's size it looks healty to me.

Black Ethiopian / Hawaiian Pineapple / Sunset's Red Horizon / Omar's Lebanese

So far, the Black Ethiopian has been awesome -- very sturdy plant and almost all flowers have set fruit. Both Hawaiian Pineapple and Sunset's have a 'whispy' growth habbit. They are producing a bunch of flowers, but very few have set... I'm a bit disapointed in their performance so far. Omar's Lebanese has grown vigorously and produced flowers, but has not set much fruit either.

NAR & Lemon Boy

NAR has been simular to Omar's but has set more fruit. Lemon Boy is doing as good if not better than the Black Ethiopian... huge plant and almost all flowers have set.

Lemon Boy

NAR

Yello Pear / Gardener's Delight / Sungold

This is a spot I dug up at the last minute because I had extra plants that I didn't want to toss out. These plants, when put in the ground, were absolutly miserable looking. They got hit with the business end of a hail storm (well, what we would consider a hail storm here in San Diego) and looked almost dead. I'm surprised at how well they are doing. The yellow Pear is a volunteer that I dug up and left in a pot to become stunted and root-bound. The other two hardly had any leaves and broken main stems.

Unknown

This guy germinated after a month of sitting in the jiffy tray I since forgot about. Can't wait to find out what it is.

Bruno Russo

I saw this tomato at the grocery store and thought it would neat to grow out... we'll se how it goes.

Wiener Dog

In case you were wondering about the little white fence, it's to keep the Wiener Dogs at bay... got one more white and black like a cow.

This tomato growing thing is very adicting... I'm borderline OCD when it comes to my garden. Hopefully the plants that aren't setting fruit will do so at some point... I'm really looking forward to the harvest.

Thanks for reading --

Jerold Burrow

Comments (11)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals