SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

UPDATE: dog days lookey what we got

veeja11
18 years ago

The dog days has reached 100 posts 3 or 4 people, still need to mail their boxes. come on time is almost out

Comments (50)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, I have 3 people who haven't received Skohler, hummingbirddaisy,Askew gardens is this correct?

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Veeja,
    I have not received my package yet either. I keep telling Crystal (Golden Retriever) that something will be coming in the mail for her... and she really does love to get things in the mail so she is waiting!
    Sandlapper Rose

• Related Discussions

What we can learn from a dog

Q

Comments (6)
    Oh Lilod, he's practicing all right: practicing to be bad! He gets the most wiley look when he's up to something & when he's caught he knows immediately what he's done.
    ...See More

MangoDog's Doggy Days Update 061211

Q

Comments (15)
    It wasn't me that posted the late/Pine Island report....I think it was Mango Kush. I have no knowledge as to what was late at PIN. In my yard, I consider Gold Nuggett a late-mid-season mango or at best an early-late season mango. Nice mango.....colors up a nice golden color.....so the name fits. It is worth the effort from my perspective. It doesn't come in first on most tastings, but I wouldn't throw it off the tasting plate either. Neelum and Keitt are considerably later in my yard. Harry
    ...See More

update/dog fight/defiance?

Q

Comments (19)
    Is there a firehydrant or anything around, little?? Or had there been something there?? I couldn't get my coda to walk past a fire-hydrant for the longest time. She'd bolt the other way, tail tucked, and lay down. I'd have to pick her up and walk past, and she'd flip the entire time. Also..is there a grate in the gutter at the corner?? I found out those are mega scary for dogs too. Especially with water running in them. Coda will walk past them now, but she'll run as fast as she can, and pull as far in the opposite direction as possible. Really notice the little things, and the most obscure things. Too bad he's so big, though. I got coda over it by pretty much forcing her and yanking and then treats and good girls once we got past it. But even she has a ton of strength if she doesn't want too, I can only imagine a BM when he just doesn't wanna. As for the fight, I think you did the right thing, and I think I'm soon to be in a simmilar situation. A neighbor has started letting his Lab roam while he's in his front or back yard, and he keeps coming over to our fence. Well big guy was in the yard one day, and both dogs nearly jumped the fence trying to get to eachother. I went outside, grabbed big guy and put him in the house, all the while the guy stood down the alley, watching his dog try to jump the fence. And then turned back to his truck after all was said and done. If I see his dog again, I'm leaving a note telling him one of our dogs is going to jump the fence, and they'll fight and we both know which dog will come out on top and I don't want to see it happen.
    ...See More

Pathetic dog update---year three

Q

Comments (12)
    Actually, cynthia, Max's issues were inborn aggression. He is an extremely aggressive and dominant dog that has to be the boss. Once I established I was tougher than he---all done mostly by using body language and grunts meaning NO!---he became a controllable dog. I am his boss---he is first an employee and second a pack member who gets people attention. Example; ever watch an dog nibble on another dog's neck/head? Like biting a flea? That is dog behavior for "I am your better". Max actually now comes to me daily for that 'nibble'---I use fingers and roughly approximate the act. I say nothing and he goes and lays down afterward. If I am gone for a day or longer, I have to do that almost immediately on return, or he is more aggressive. He and I play Tennis Ball Keep Away. I throw the ball and he chases and grabs it. Part of the time I 'chase' him and he avoids me---and will come close if I 'ignore' him, and even drop the ball. If I reach for it, he grabs it and prances off, to do it all again. Now and then, I take control, just to remind him I am still the boss---DROP IT and move into the dominant body position. He resists briefly and then drops the ball---respecting my authority. Now and then, he decides to test my authority. Totally normal for pack members to do that. He might even growl(seldom now) and not cooperate briefly. Twenty seconds later---back to being plain ol Max. That behavior is inborn. He is only scared of storms---when the barometer falls or there is thunder/lightening. He has shown no other fears---noises/people/dogs/cars---nothing. The original family from whom I got him had no idea how to control him---he was much more dominant than they were. He was one of those dogs Cesar Millan calls Red Zone. He would have bitten me had I not known how to handle him. I have never hit him at all. All my training/rehabilitation was done by actions and voice. I never relaxed around him for the first six months. Other folks could play/etc., but I was a rival---I made him obey. So, now that we have the routine established, I can have affection for him and he returns it---and could do a much better job of rehabilitating Molly than I early on in her stay here. But, due to his extremely dominant nature---I always make sure he knows I am the boss. That is pack leadership. Sounds corny and trite, but it is absolutely imperative.
    ...See More
  • mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Sebastian & I are still waiting as well. He keeps asking me, "mama, when are the goodies coming???" and I told him to be patient. : )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My trusted traders are flunking out this month, sandlapper yours is on the way. The rest are trusted traders so hang in there. I will post partner names tomorrow.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

carol

if you need replacements, please let me know, i'd be more than happy to help you out.

earthly

• skohler
    18 years ago

dj & I are still standing bye & biting our nals :))
    I hope i get some nail trimmers for him :))
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Mamabird, I am the guilty culpret, smiles. I have been ill and not feeling up to much of anything. Please forgive me?
    I am afraid to send anything now because of the extended weekend. Unless you feel it would be ok to send your box out tomorrow, I plan to ship Monday morning. Let me know what you think. Warn me if you plan to scold me, :-)

I heard from my secret pal, and I should receive my box before the weekend. Thank you Anita :-).

Enjoy the extended weekend, and be safe!
    Blessings, Tina

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Tina your box is at the PO:)

OK now that I have part of my life back (wedding at my home this past weekend)
    I did get my box from Skohler (Susie) several weeks ago. Again Susie I am so sorry for not posting, Major life pains I wont go it to.
    I got from Susie:
    Big thing of fish food
    Big bag of Kitty toy's
    Dog squeaky toy
    Bag of dog bones
    Rawhide ring
    I think Pigs Ears?
    Mystery Brugmansia
    Lily Of The Valley
    Palm house plant

Susie please forgive me if I have forgotten anything & again a great big thank you.

Carol,
    Thank you so much for organizing this swap. again I am very sorry I was not on time, One never can tell when the world will come crashing down on them, I have put my smile back by my name as you can see in our other round robin, that has been missing for over a month,
    :)Anita

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok #1 angel and muddy mom are mia, this is not normal are you two ok? I have substitutes so everyone will be receiving. so hang in there
    muddy mom had skohler
    mellen---sandlapper
    earthly---dirtpig
    hummingbirddaisy---mammabird
    #1 angel---askew gardens
    dim906---mellen
    askewgardens---carol
    nyvoices---hummingbirddaisy
    mammabird---dim906
    dirtpig---#1angel
    sandlapper---earthly
    carol---squanzon
    squanzon---muddymom
    skohler---nyvoices
    I think only two not heard from

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Tina,
    I won't make you stand in the corner. : )

Sending Monday is fine. And please feel better.

Have a very nice weekend....oops, Monday is a holiday, so sending Tuesday is fine. Happy Labor Day,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

I just wanted to let Mellen know that I received her package today. Thank you so much! There were plants galore, flower shaped candles, rose scented hand lotion, a beautiful terra cotta pot (had never seen one like this - there is a bee design in sort of a glass insert - very pretty and unusual) and Crystal got a ball to play with and a big "ribeye" dog bone. It smells like a steak that has been grilled! I took her picture with her new things so I'll see if I can get it posted later. I also got a super dinnerplate dahlia to plant and some naked lilies. You were reading my mind - I almost ordered some of these a few days ago.
    All that you sent is really appreciated. I did not have any of the plants that you mailed so they are very welcome additions to my garden. I quickly put them in some potting soil in a shady spot and gave them some water. They are looking good. I will get them situated after the heat of the day lets up. I have a scented geranium, two types of columbine, a hosta, and a type of Coral Bells called 'Firefly' - hope I remembered it all.
    Thanks again and Happy Gardening!
    Sandlapper Rose

• askewgardens
    18 years ago

Mollie's feelin' lonely, haven't received yet :(

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

OH, please tell Mollie not to give up and please Don't bite the MailMan. There is still hope. Keep wagging and smiling. Enjoy the weekend and then start looking again on Tues or Wed. I think the mailman may find the lost package by then :0)

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

It must just be me being not very talented at getting pictures added - I think I finally have the picture of Crystal enjoying her gifts!
    Also, Mellen, I forget to mention the Fresh Cut Flowers sign that you included in the box. Very pretty and I will find just the place to display it.
    Thanks again.
    Sandlapper Rose

{{gwi:1298362}}

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Mamabird, LoL, I woke up early this morning going "Oh no!!!, Duh! I can't mail Monday. I was thinking that the extended holiday weekend was Friday, Saturday and Sunday, not Saturday, Sunday and MONDAY, heehee.
    As I heard one of my good friends say, "I don't know where my head is sometimes, but I think it may be between my cheeks, and not the ones on my face", smiles!

Enjoy the holiday weekend and be safe.
    Hug's, Tina

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just heard from #1 angel she told me to call her but failed to give me a phone #. She says mollies pkg is coming.

• skohler
    18 years ago

dj's still hanging from his perch :)))did I fail to mention how much he like's his mixed nuts & popcorn :)))
    as for his keeper she could use a bird sitter :))

happy gardening all
    susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sue,skohler, did you get you pkg then? looks like everyone is receiving.

• skohler
    18 years ago

nothing here yet but then its been the long weekend so maybe today :)) or this week :))
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I received a beautiful package today! Inside is:
    a BEAUTIFUL garden bonnet that I absolutely LOVE
    a pair of gloves to go with the bonnet!!!
    a wind sock, which my children will claim as soon as they see it, smiles!
    butterfly bush
    Peaches and Cream Daylily
    Dwarf crested iris
    blue eyed grass
    stargazer lily
    japanese toad lily
    blue cardinal flower
    variegated iris (zebra)
    variegated obedient plant
    big daddy hosta
    clara curtis pink daisys

She (Anita) was having a difficult time choosing what to send for a gift for my furbaby, so she also included $10.00.

I have to say, the lants are in beautiful condition, wrapped perfectly, and I received some that I was going to order. I am absolutely thrilled!!! There isn't one item in this box I haven't wanted. I love everything!!!!
    As far as the $10.00 goes, I am going to use this to get some things for our new addition to the family. We have rescued a beautiful yellow male cat from our local grocery store parking lot. HE has been hanging out there for a few weeks now, and some of the employees have been sneaking food to him. HE doesn't have a tail, and looks to be a few years old. He is absolutely beautiful. So, we will spend this money to get him all settled in! Thank you Anita, for all of the wonderful plants and gifts! I sincerely love everything you chose for me. She even wished me a Happy Birthday! I would love to give you a big ol' hug!

God Bless,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Mamabird, your box is in flight. I hope you enjoy the items in it.
    Thank you for being so patient. You are just a sweetheart.

Enjoy the new week!
    Blessings, Tina

• askewgardens
    18 years ago

Mollie's happy now, Hogan's happier though. I should have known. He knew what was in the box when it came in the door and planted himself next to it, then after I opened it I walked away for a second to get the camera and boom, there he is pilfering the rubber ducky. {{gwi:1298363}} After this I put the box up on my deck up high where he can't get it, he's been sitting by my elbow at the desk ever since!

We got lots of goodies. Treats for everyone including me! There's a cute little sign that says, "Free Weeds, Pick them all!", tulip bulbs that I'll plant close to the house, so I can see them and so the deer won't! There's rubber "squirting" ducks. Don't think they'll get to squirt much though. A rope bone that'll be Mollie's, and tennis balls, rawhide, and enough to make everyone happy. As I'm typing this Mollie's joined Hogan at my other elbow, waiting patiently, so I guess I should go divy everything up. Thanks Beth!

• skohler
    18 years ago

HI Vee
    another week gone by & pour dj missed out agin :)))
    it is really a big shame to start a robin in hopes that all the players that sign up are ready to take on the task but then for some reason forgets to fullfill the robin or forget to let someone know that they cannot meet the time limit for the robins .
    well happy gardening
    sue

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

sue

i have been asked to be your replacement player. actually, i VOLUNTEERED. what i need you to do though is to be a little patient. I am unable to get to a pet store just yet and buy something for your bird. there's not one close to me and by the time i have the time, it's closed. now, a dog or a cat, that's a different story, but the bird stuff has to be purchased at a pet store. i see you are asking for specific things, which i didn't know initially that is what this was about. i have a lot on my plate right now, i am practically living at the hospital keeping vigil.

apparently, who was initially assigned to you has always been a decent person and a great player, so something significant must have happened. don't be so quick to jump on her as being a bad player. carol and i both tried to get in touch with her and unfortunately, have not had any news back, but i would never tsk, tsk her. it has to be somethine really significant.

you know i'm good for it, heck, i've made up to you what you lacked in a prior swap even though it wasn't necessary, but i did it nonetheless. this time around, since i am your REPLACEMENT player, i want you to practice some patience and stop already. your box will go out and hopefully soon, so you can just post a thanks instead of a complaint.

sorry if that sounds harsh, but i've been reading some posts and getting more and more annoyed by them. there's more out there than DJ and his nail clippers and treats. death, dying, sickness, tornadoes, hurricanes JUST TO NAME A FEW! let's get a grip on reality. it's not all about you.

• skohler
    18 years ago

the nail clipper was a joke I take him to the vet to be trimmed , as for a replacement I guess I missed reading that part of the forum , I do wish someone would have emailed me , really it is no big deal about getting a box .
    ya know it is the chance we take when we sign up to lease
    robin if the ones we are assigned to will send their end of the trade or not .
    I was not trying to call the other gal a bad player I didn't even know who had dj's name. only just to say it would be nice if ANY player has a problem with not being able to send their end of the robin it would be nice for them to contact someone somehow ,
    by phone ,email, or by snail mail . for it is not right for others to have to make up for anyone else ok . & I would have backed out of the play . I had no idea you had said you would send a box & trully I don't feel you have too . so please earthly it is not a big deal.
    this is not the 1st or the last robin . that something can't happen like this ok .

so please don't feel as if you have to be the one to make it up to me . the box for dj that is :))
    thank you
    for letting me know
    sue

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

hummingbirddaisy/Tina....

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Sorry i'm so late in posting, but I have been so busy and just couldn't get 5 min. peace.
    What a wonderful box arrived on Thursday! I forgot a list of everything you sent, so i'll go get it and be back to list all of it in a little while. Sebastian is enjoying his new toy. It actually lasted more than two minutes!!! The rawhide is great for him. Thank you so much, and i'll post all the goodies later. : ) HUGS

Susie, I'm sorry you didn't get your box yet. I think you've been pretty patient and if Earthly can't make it to the store, i'd be glad to. I think DJ deserves his goodies. Since I also have an African Grey, I think I know exactly what DJ would like.

So as not to step on Earthly's toes, and if she doesn't mind, I would love to fix you & DJ up a box if that is cool with her.

I can get it out Monday.

Back in a bit.....

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• skohler
    18 years ago

mamabird that is very nice of you & of earthly to offer to do a box for dj :)) but trully it is not nessesary .
    dj is spoiled enough now so I'm sure he won't miss a thing . I'm just sorry for the miss understanding . I
    was not trying to call anyone a bad player & I don't feel that anyone should have to make up for this robin .
    BUT I THANK YOU BOTH FOR THE OFFER :))
    your both great gals .

thank you both
    susie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

sue

i went to the store tonight, i'll send your replacement box on monday.

i'll post confirmation at that time.

earthly

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Carol, I just wanted to say I think you had a great bunch of players in this Robin. Sorry I couldn't actually be in it but I have enjoyed reading the posts and LOVED the pics of everyone's pets.
    I do hope that nothing too awful has happened to the misssing ladies and that they will be back soon. Seems that there has been SO much sickness and trouble in our ranks the past two years. Things really do happen and life gets out of control.
    Maybe we should start thinking of signing up for a robin or a swap as taking a chance on a lottery. LOL The prizes are not real big but the odds of winning are sure in your favor. Bingo players probably spend as much in one night as I spend on a box/postage and I sure get as much pleasure out of doing a swap as I do from a night of BINGO. I personally join SWAPS much more often that I play Bingo and enjoy both the sending and the recieving.
    Just my two cents worth

• skohler
    18 years ago

Beth thank you for your 2 cents :)) I also love to spend on the trades as much as I spend on bingo & as you say it is a gamble as life is . it is disappointing to put out for a robin and not even get a trinket back or a thank at times , but we go on .
    earthly as I said if you or vee had informed me
    that the gal sending dj's box could not be reached
    none of this would have taken place I would have just dropped it . so please get your money back from what you have for him and we stay gardening friends it is not a big deal .
    thank you for the thought .
    sue

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Did everyone but Sue get their box?Sue Earthly went to the pet store, she probably put a down payment on a skunk or something, so let DJ enjoy his box. sorry communication broke down with me. I am stressed out over 3 am feedings moving into super p--p cleanup, so am a bit lost this month.
    sorry. I am trying to get dh to just shoot me.pups start going to new homes sunday. I still have my new pup tho who is chewing everything I own, mamma dog is jelous and has started chewing stuff also, The puppy always stands up by the bath tub to look at my water, last night I turned around to see mamma in my bath water, she thought pup wanted in so she got in. I am going crazy.Won't be doing any swaps for awhile carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Dear Carol, I got a good chuckle out of your message. While I'm stewing about trying to get "truly retired" so I can surround myself with Chickens, Goats, bunnies and of course DOGS, You are in fact aswim in puppies and puppy P__p. It just gave me a comical mental picture and some real food for thought. Good luck and god Bless you one and all.
    Love, Tiny Tim

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok here are my little p--p machines 7 wks old{{gwi:1298364}}Little Mellen was handfed from birth never ate from mamma he is still the smallest one. 2nd from left

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Carol,
    Those p..p machines are just adorable!!! Thanks for sharing that pic with us. : )
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

can't believe i was finally able to get in here.
    on top of everything, i've been having computer problems, and although they continue, this looks like a good sign to be able to sign into garden web. can't get into my monthly swap though, constantly getting browser errors. go figure!

anyway, sue, your replacement box was mailed - confirmation number was mailed to you. hope you enjoy it.

carol, i never heard back from mud mom and i sent snail mail. wondering what luck you had with hearing from her. she always proved to be such a wonderful, generous trader. something must have really went downhill for her. wondering if who was matched up to mudmom sent their package to her and if she acknowledged. oh well, another one bites the dust, i guess.

be well everyone, continued blooms :)
    earthly

• mellen
    18 years ago

What DARLING puppies. Especially little Mellen. Definitely the cutest. : ))) Mellen

• skohler
    18 years ago

earthly
    thank you for a very nice box but I'm sorry
    I had no idea that you was taken over for mudmom.
    anyway earthly sent dj A book for me to read to him
    it is called parrot talk & I do enjoy the book myself .
    also 2 treat stick one he has devoured already :))
    then in the box it had 2 water lilies.

yellow Nymphaea Sulphurea &
    red Nymphaea Sulphurea to go along with a white that I have :))) also A sign that says gone gardening & a bluebird windchime & think it is :))
    thank you earthly & I hope that thinks will get back to normal for you .
    susie
    vee
    I hope I wasn't to big of a pain in the rib with this robin , didnt mean to be .

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

sue, glad you got the box. i so wanted to get him a toy and wasn't able to get out to the pet store with everything going on. i already had picked out the other items and to not delay it any longer, i finally sent it.

glad you got it and i enjoyed putting it together for you. i know you said your pond was fairly new in one of your other swaps, and i was tickled to find those two. i sure hope they grow well for you.

carol i have enjoyed this swap, it was a really neat idea. i love when my baby is thought of by someone else. i guess we all do.

and by the way, little mellen dog might be cute, but little earthly dog sure is precious and adorable!!! lol

i have the most gorgeous canna blooming. my first year with them. i have three, they are all diffferent, don't remember which is which, and one is blooming and it's not the red flower, it's a gorgeous big bold pink flower. i'm researching what it is...but i can tell you it is gorgeous.

thanks again carol for hosting this swap.

be well everyone,
    happy blooms!

earthly

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Hey-Askew--Didn't you get my box too???? How did Molly and Hogan like the homemade doggie cookies??? That Beth is always a good one to jump in to help!!!!
    Hi Carol--sneaking a few minutes in while I'm at work--is your tub still flooding???
    And Beth-the plants are enjoying their new home--I thought of you at lunch on monday-while finishing up 'Fazolis'-and your daughter too!! Hope you are enjoying your trip and sharing your goodies--I will be online SOON!!
    Miss you all
    Jeanette--aka number_1_angel--just in case you forgot me:(

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy to see you are alive and well angel when are you gonna fix my flooding tub?Here is a pic of the last three pups two went today so only the white one angel is left.{{gwi:1298365}}

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Saving the BEST looking one for last!!!! Sorry Mellen--just my opinion!!hahahaha!! They are sooooooooooo cute!!
    The maintenance man will be there on monday to fix your tub-or is that too much like 'the check is in the mail'??? Is it full of 'puppy' hair??? Your babies are so white it looks like you bathe them everyday!! Better go--can't have 'fun' at work--too much to do!
    TTYSoon
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Since this is the only place we see you angel did you drop out of queen of the month?get your computer hooked up all ya gotta do is plug it in, we want you back, there are two holes in the wall a cord with two prongs on the computer, put that in howerver it fits into the wall. good luck
    carol

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Carol- ha- ha- ha!!!-thanks so much for your instructions--I will try that as soon as possible--No I didn't drop out--just lost track and got behind--hope the gracious Queens will forgive me--can I get back in?? What do I need to do??
    AND by the way--thank you to Dirtpig for the great box I recieved--the plants are doing well-except the hoya's leaves are curled?--never had one before--so I really hope it makes it ---and Alli loved the doggie stuff--ANYDAY she gets treats is a GOODDAY for her--she is 12 now--old -arthritic--and as loveable as she can be--
    Still no post from Askew--sure hope the box of goodies I sent made it's way to her!!!
    Talk to ya later
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Angel you just need to make sure you have honored all the queens, and we can do you in december.who was the last one you sent to? try the plug in idea we miss you.and get up here and fix my darn tub

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Carol--did you hear from Askew-did she get the stuff I sent??? I cannot remember the last Queen I sent to--I do remember packing a box then having it buried in my moving boxes--was it to MuddyMom??? I have been out of touch since June or July--moved 3 times!! Still getting unpacked--
    Waiting for a new computer-hoping to be set up next week-ttys :)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Angel the last queens were cassiet, leanne, & me this month is poochella. then luna then you if you catch up and everyone ok's it don't worry about me tho. I am getting too lazy to plant and since I can't bathe i try to stay out of dirt. get back on here tired of missing you

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi Carol and Jeanette,
    I'm curious too (ok I confess, Nosey is more acurate) if you ever heard from Askew about Jeanett's package????
    Had a great visit with #1 Angel and am looking foreward to all of us moving bodies getting resettled and back to "Normal" whatever that may be.
    Light snow here the past few days but not very cold yet.
    BB

• veeja11
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I thought I had seen that askew had received from angel, but I have been so spacey lately I may have imagined it. Beth you got to visit with angel,how is she?I miss being in swaps with both of you. Angel needs to fix my leaky tub. All my pups have their new homes even angel who was the last to go. she got a home with an older couple with a nice big yard. They all got excellent homes.

• askewgardens
    18 years ago

Hello Guys,
    Sorry I droppped out on you. Mollie and Hogan, and everyone else loved their homemade treats especially. #1, I'm sorry, I wrote you as soon as I received your package, I wondered why you didn't write back, now I know you must not have received it. The cuttings you sent rooted nicely, I wondered though what they are, assuming they are house plants. My apologies again,

Angela (Askew Gardens)

• askewgardens
    18 years ago

#1,
    I just tried to send you an email and it bounced. Maybe that's what happened with the other? I don't always receive the bounce notices, my spam filter eats them. I'll post the message below in hopes you will see it here.
    Hi #1,

This is Askew. I'm so sorry you didn't get my earlier message. I wondered why you didn't write back. I emailed as soon as I received your package to tell you how much everyone LOVED their homemade treats and everything else! About once a year I'll make biscuits for them, so this was a special treat. What I wondered is what the cuttings were that you sent? They rooted nicely. I guessed they were houseplants, but I don't know for sure.

I didn't see any activity on the Dog Days thread for about a week so I thought it was over and quit checking it. I truly didn't mean to slight you. You gift was greatly appreciated by both my and my dogs. I'm sending this message to you via email and hope that you get it this time.

Don't think poorly of me, OK?

Angela
    Askew Gardens