SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
araillia

UPDATE: Ara's Round Robin

Araillia
18 years ago

The bird is in flight!

It's on it's way to Ginger (momtoej), confirmation #03041070000066085644

Post here and let us know when it arrives and tell us about all the goodies that come your way. Let us all know what you picked out.

Remember to post when it arrives, and when you send it back out, and don't forget to post the confirmation number as well.

Please try to have the box back on it's way within three days.

Here is the flight plan.

momtoej zone 8 TX

janetgreen57 zone 9 TX

bogartbaby zone 8 SC

dhardee zone 8 SC

melissa_nc zone 7 NC

efrosty1 zone 6 OH

ktd125 zone 6 PA

poorgirl5 zone 7 NJ

momipook zone 6 NH

sweety13 zone 5/6 ME

margec zone 7 AR

clacy2k zone 9 TX

sarah621 zone 9 CA

pedalpusher zone 4 IA

nightnurse zone 8 WA

wynative zone 4/5 WY

araillia zone 8 TX

I tried to route it so that you would be sending to someone within the same (or real close to) zone as you. Was tough to do because a couple of ladies asked to be placed toward the bottom of the list because they had plans to be out of town during a certain time.

Let's have some fun!

Comments (56)

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I gave this little birdie a glass of jet fuel right before I launched it.

• janetg57
    18 years ago

Wow, this is a really fun thing to do. I went through the box and studied up on all the seeds. I finally decided that there's only a couple of things that I really wanted or needed. I took the pillow and room spray, eucalyptus scent. It really opened up my sinuses when I spritzed it into the room and smells pleasant, too. I took a candle and a bath bomb to soak away the stiff muscles from working in the garden. I also took LOTS of seeds. There were so many to choose from, it was hard to decide, so I skimmed a few here and there. Don't worry, I left plenty for you ladies and even added some more. I added a few items and the Robin will be on its' way today. Thank you Ara for letting me play.

Janet

• Related Discussions

updated from a round robin

Q

Comments (0)
    Just got a bunch of seeds from an heirloom RR. Put quite a few new things on my trade list!
    ...See More

UPDATE: #3 Tropical Subtropical Round Robin

Q

Comments (150)
    Goodmorning Everybody! Happy saturday to you all...:) Hi Barb :) I am excited to hear from you...I am glad they made it to you...How are you doing down there? They are calling for a snowstorm up here...Lol I have a geranium coop coming in the mail today too...I might as well right them off...Oh well :( Francess you poor thing I remember alabama soil all so well red as can be....That would be tough to take care of...I told al the day we moved here to the cabin the carpet is out of here... Lol Francess I have some baby mandeville they are just seedlings...I will toss one in when I send you your plant...You will have to coddle it...I bet ones of those gh structures would work down south..At least for some stuff..... Chell Wendy Regina I cant get a plumie seed to germinate if it kills me...I bought some from a few different places and none ever germinated..Oh booey... They are tricky to me...I bought some cliva seeds yesterday off ebay and gonna give them a try...I seen you have to soak them first...Anyone grown them before? I could use some help on them..:) Regina a black jack dealer neat..I bet you have seen some weird stuff..Lol Congrats on your sons achievements! You have done a wonderful job raising a boy..Give yourself a big pat on the back and I say yes he does deserve that limo and out to eat..You must be so proud of him..:) Now when he goes off to college stay strong...Is he your last one? Or do you still have some at home? It is tough being a empty nester...I get to squeeze and hug my daughter today..:) I am so happy....
    ...See More

UPDATE: now cut that out round robin swap #7

Q

Comments (150)
    Angela, that is what I did. The prob. with it is I zip tied my tiny little lights on and have to prop up my flats until the plants are big enough. It is a huge pain. There is also really only room for 1 flat per shelf. I figured it out according to Lowes $ for lumber and the cheapest shop lights they show online and I think you could build one for around 75-80. In my opinion, by the time you purchase the shelving unit and a couple lights, you might as well do this. I think you will have much more room and it will work better as far as moving the lights up and down. Just my opinion, though. If you already have a shelving unit, it might make more sense to do that until later, but the lumber is only going to cost around 20 bucks right now, at least in my area. OSB is $6 and 2x4 or 1.77 here. I am not sure you can buy a shelving unit, even cheap plastic for that. I just need an upgrade or more room or something.
    ...See More

update: mnf: after dark round robin #3

Q

Comments (150)
    Dan, I say old pantyhose are indispensible! They make great filters for your washing machine. Catches all the fluffy lint that might clog your drain! LOL! I am going to have to pass on the Christmas in June Swap. I am booked solid with obligations. Ted is graduating, we have Communion Parties up the wazoo, plus the other swaps I have already signed on for. Happy Swapping you guys and Merry Christmas! LOL! Melissa, I forgot to tell you that I was searching diligently earlier to try to find the name of your iris this morning before pre-school drop off but I came up empty so far. I do believe it is a dwarf judging by the height of the blooms. I am still working on it. Did you perhaps get that in one of the Halloween swaps last fall? I seem to remember some really cool "black" german irises that some people received.
    ...See More
  • janetg57
    18 years ago

The Robin is in flight again. It's on its' way to Deanie (bogartbaby) in SC. The confirmation # is..........

0304 1070 0000 6608 5668

Have fun with it,
    Janet

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

It's here, I could not believe my eyes when I opened the box. I did not know that there were that many diff. flowers out there. O.K. I am still a learning beginner, have to look some of the flowers up. So far I picked the heavenly smelling green candle and the address labels.God bless the person who put in the address labels, I went to two diff. post offices today to purchase some and they were both out. Oh, and I also keept the little bug that got out of a seed packet, he looked harmless so I released him in the back yard. I bet he is confused, hope he feels at home. I will go through the seeds tonight,replace the items I took out and mail the box tomorrow. It will be back in flight with a confirmation # posted after I get back from the postal office.Thank you Ara for letting me join, this is just like christmas " The box that keeps on giving" I already have some great item ideas for the next Round robin.Watch out Diane she's on the way to your house. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy gardening everybody.

Deanie ( Bogartbaby)

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Mailed out today
    Confirmation# 0304 1070 0000 6608 5651
    Enjoy!!!

Deanie

• wynative
    18 years ago

Oooooohhhh!!! Only 12 more people and it's my turn :))) I have been picking up all sorts of things - I may have to send 2 boxes by the time it get to me.. hehehe just kidding but I have to either start limiting myself or join more RR!!

Ara - are we putting any 'live' plants in this one or just seeds and goodies?

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, you can put live plants in the box. I didn't because it's been so unbearably hot here in Texas. The first lady on the list lives about 60 miles from me and I knew that any plant I sent wouldn't survive transplanting in 100+ temps.
    Marie, I'm sure that by the time the box reaches you and you're ready to send it to me, the temps will be down enough for live plants...hint, hint.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy this robin and it keeps on moving as smoothly as it has been so far. What a wonderful group of ladies you all are.

Ara

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hey...My temps can stand plants! Ooops, should have suggested that before being mailed to me! lol I'm kidding, I'll be happy, no matter what! I'm watching and will let you know when I get it! Ara...meant to email you and let you know I changed my gw id to:

dhardee

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Ok girls, I got the box! Whoopie! I'm about to open it and check it out! I'll let ya know something soon....

Diane

• janetg57
    18 years ago

I didn't attempt live plants, either, because of the heat. We could always go around again when it gets back to you, Ara. Then everyone can do plants. Or mail in reverse order so the people in the cooler areas can get the plants settled before temps get too low.

Janet

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Ok everyone, 1st I really was just kidding about the plants, its way too hot! I don't know what to say...I agree with the post that I've never seen so many seeds! I just don't need that many seeds, as most of you know, but I've added some thats not in and I did take the time to "google" a few! A great box, don't want to say what I put in right now because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else...I did take out a very few seeds that I don't have right now and I took the garden gloves...Thank You whoever that was...I needed some so bad! Oh sorry folks, I took the little butterfly thingy...loved it! And I took the little "chirping" birdie, my Sassy just looked in that box and meant...it was hers!" lol I also took the little small pots....but I promise, I put in lots of great stuff & seeds! I did not ship this today because of Mem. Weekend I knew it would just sit in the po another day? Should I sent tommorrow or wait till Tues.? Please let me know, its ready to go....

Diane

• sassyd
    18 years ago

ok, it was pointed out to me already that its Labor Day weekend not Mem....sorry......lol

• Melissa_NC
    18 years ago

Diane,

Since the box is coming to me next, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say wait until Tuesday. And actually that'll work out great cause this Thursday is my baby girl's birthday (she'll be 10) and she's as excited about this robin as I am. She's also the best garden helper ever so this'll be a nice treat for her too. Been collecting goodies to send...really looking forward to this! :)

Melissa

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Oooh, gives me a little more time to just by accident, of course, put something in there she likes...Waiting on ideas? Come on, hurry up! lol

• Melissa_NC
    18 years ago

Awww, that's really sweet of you to offer, but trust me...this is the easiest kid in the world to please. She's gonna be tickled just to help go through the box and she's helped me pick out things to send...she loves to give presents. :) If you happen to see anything with fairies on it though....that'll be a definite keeper. ;) Thanks so much for thinking of her!

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Ok Melissa the robin is in the air! I put a few goodies in there I think the birthday girl may like! And added some you may like! You have lots of nice choices in there! I really appreciate all of you letting me be a part of this robin, its been alot of fun!

Mailed this morning 9/6
    Confirmation # 0304 1070 0000 6608 5675

Enjoy everbody!

Diane

• Melissa_NC
    18 years ago

Holy cow...someone lit a fire under a postal worker, LOL. I got the box today! Diane, Beth found the fairy statue first thing...I'm guessing that was from you. She just loves it. :) I'll have to go through everything else later...battling a nasty cold and trying to do Beth's birthday party tonight too, but sure looks like some neat things in there and my stars, what a LOT of seeds. Will go through it tonight and post what I take out/put in.

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Melissa I'm so glad she liked it! I also put the flower candles in there for her! Tell her Happy Birthday for me!
    Enjoy going thru everything!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

I'm next,

• skohler
    18 years ago

hey you all :)) sorry i've not checked in lately but
    really been busy canning freezing gardening ect ect & then haven probles getting onto the forums for the last few days .
    findly figured it out I hope .
    erica better check make sure the robin bandit isnt listed :))) here :((
    best of luck girl ara your doing a ok for your first time hostessing :))
    happy gardening
    susie

• Melissa_NC
    18 years ago

Hey everyone...bet you're ready to shoot me...please, don't! The robin is on its way. Confirmation number is: 0304 1560 0002 0329 7587. I am so sorry for holding things up...that cold I had last week turned into a nasty URI and I've been pathetic all weekend. I did want to thank Diane and Ara especially for the birthday presents for Beth...she got those and was just tickled to death over it. Many thanks from us both! I took those and a bath bomb for her and some seeds for myself. I hope the things I added to the box will be fun for someone...I did put in some more seeds...and a few other goodies as well. There's a book on making herbal vinegars, some miniature Iris bulbs, and a new pair of work gloves along with the seeds. These aren't decorative gloves, ladies...they're the same kind I use to throw mulch...hopefully someone will need a pair. :)

Thanks so much to Ara for letting me play and I hope everyone else enjoys the robin as much as I have!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone.. the box arrived yesterday.just got it open to night though. had a toothache yesterday so i tried to sleep it off when i got home from work..i woke up about 11:00pm and my hubby said i had a package.. it perked me up a little--- enough to get my lazy butt out of bed..lol
    well i'm almost finished exploring so i hope to get it out tomorrow/or first thing sat...i don't want it to sit in the hot car all day so i'll come back for it after work..
    i love the gloves great for wood cutting..(it's getting close to that time of the year here.)

ps.. broken items
    1.litte tea pot (my daughter decided she wanted to keep it and fix it for the kitchen shelf.)
    2.2 little cute terra cotta frogs- we kept them too
    3.carosel horse ornament- little put it in a baggie and hope someone can craft with it...

great robin i'll let you know when i have gone through all the seeds..wow there's abunch...lol 'nite..erica

• wynative
    18 years ago

It is starting to get frosty at night but I am covering a few surprises for you ARA. I just hope 'I' survive the wait ~ :)))

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you Marie, sounds great and it gives me something to look forward to.

I'm past ready for some frosty nights, that would be a pleasant relief. We're still in a heat wave here in North Texas with upper 90's as our day time highs. Haven't gone a night without the air conditioner on since May. On top of that, we haven't had any rain in over a month. Keeps raining all around us but passes my place right on by.

I am going to be gone for the next week, give or take a few days. I'm leaving today headed to Kentucky to visit my daughter for a couple of days, then on to Tennesse to do some gold prospecting and then some gem hunting in North Carolina. I hope to come back with some treasures. And of course I'll be on the look out for seeds of native plants from all three states, hope I'm not too late.

Thanks to all of you ladies who have kept this robin moving so smoothly. It is a pleasure having such a wonderful group for my first attempt at hosting.

I would like to host a bulb exchange next and would love to have all of you ladies participate. Let me know if you want to join and I'll start putting it together when I get back from my trip. I've have gathered a bunch of bulbs and will be getting more to use for my next circle.

I will start the bulb exchange with those who are in the colder zones so the gardeners in those areas can get their bulbs planted before the ground starts to freeze.

Ara

• wynative
    18 years ago

Ara ~ yes, I would love to be in your bulb exchange. I for one can NEVER have to many bulbs - the bulb catalog people LOVE to see my orders come in every fall ;)

Have a great time on you vacation - hope you find 'gems' of all kinds! Marie

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

Ara - The bulb exchange sounds like a great idea. Count me in also. I'll start rounding some up.

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone sorry it took so long to post.. box is shipped out..#03041070000066085699

wow was it full.. loads of seeds and all kinds of goods.. had lots of fun looking up everything..thanks for letting me play...erica

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Please count me in on the bulb exchange.

Deanie

• ktd125
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!! It has been VERY busy around here and I haven't checked on the robin in about a week...so imagine my surprise when I came home to find TWO boxes waiting for me!!!!!!!!!! Have yall ever seen someone do their happy dance while taking the driveway bend at 40?!? What a sight I must have been! Well, one was obviously the robin and the other was a set of gardening books I got from ebay. Needless to say, I'll be making my want list of houseplants later on in the week!!! Anyway, my puppies were as excited as I was to open the box and check it out. Sandie did want the beanie baby but I told her she couldn't keep it! I pulled out the bath bomb and note pad, lotion, and a few packs of baby's breath seeds. I only have duplicate seeds so I added some bubble envelopes instead...hope that's ok. I also pulled out one of the books but added 3 in its place. I hope someone can enjoy them! I threw in some other goodies that I hope someone will like. Oh yea...Sid and Sandie threw in a treat and so did Velvet, my rabbit. Arna's critters should be pleased with the arrival of the box! Well, I'll put the box in the mail and post the conf #. Until then, have a great week, girls. And please count me in on the bulb swap....I *L*O*V*E* bulbs!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

i would like to be added to the bulb swap too..erica

• ktd125
    18 years ago

Hi kids!! Sorry about my delay...things have been totally insane around here. My hubby took the box to the PO on the 21st and the conf # is 03041070000066085705. It really is on its way. I had to fetch the receipt from the grips of the washer...DH didn't know how this thing worked. Anyway, I hope that Anna gets it soon and that she enjoys it. Have a great day...~k

• poorgirl5
    18 years ago

I got it it today. It came on Saturday but the fill in mail man left it in the front of the house. Hubby found it today. I am going to try to go over everything and make my picks and put it in flight by Wed. I will post when it is flying again.

Anna

• poorgirl5
    18 years ago

The robin is ready to fly. Sorry for my delay, I had a very sick 9 year old. Temp of 102.1 yesterday and most of today. She is doing much better tonight. We had a lot of fun digging into the box. We keep the broken unicorn. Lipton soup mix magic book., Holiday labels, pet treats, forgot what seeds, snow globe with flowers. I love them things. Replaced what I took and added a few extras. We had a lot of fun would love to do it again.

Here he comes Suzy!

All set ready to fly. Waiting for pick up on Friday.

Delivery Confirmation: 9101010521297991143511

Anna

• Monipook
    18 years ago

I am getting so excited. I can not wait to get it.. I will get all my things in order so this can land and take off in very little time.

Suzy

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Hey I'm a newbie to rr's, and have only done a couple seed-only rr's, but would love to do one like this! Just wondering if you will be hosting another one after this one is done? If so I would love to get in on the next one!!

• Monipook
    18 years ago

WOW, I went home late the other night from work and there was the box. Boy did it put a smile on my face. Thank you so much for the wonderful things. I took out the water worms and seeds and more seeds. I also put more in with a few other things.

I just came back from sending it off. I tried to get it out fast seeing it was such a joy.

The confirmation number is 0305 1720 0001 2166 1568

Enjoy, Suzy

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Mail hasn't come yet today, oh I hope it gets here today, cause I'll have the long weekend to check it out! :) Steph

• sweety13
    18 years ago

The box came and I had alot of fun looking at and googling seeds. Fun stuff in it, I am off to do a little shopping for it and will post confirmation # in the AM after it goes in the mail! Great box, my son was happy about Atlantis movie! I'll post what I decide to pick for my goodie later, Steph

• sweety13
    18 years ago

The Robin is off to MargeC conf # 03041070000066085736. I added a few Maine items, and a variety of seeds. Thanks for hosting this Ara! I took some pot decorators and some flower paper, and of course seeds! :) Steph

• MargeC
    18 years ago

The Robin is winging its way to Texas. ConF# is0304 1070 0000 6608 5750, I kept some seeds and added more seeds. Also another goodie. Have great gardens everyone. MargeC

• CLacy2k
    18 years ago

I got the Robin this afternoon!! It's like Christmas the box is so full!! I haven't had a chance to get through it all, but wanted to let ya'll know that I got it!! Will post when it goes out!

• CLacy2k
    18 years ago

Okay! the Robin is on her way to Cali! Your confirmation # is: 0304 1560 0004 8656 1887 Thanks for the goodies!

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've been trying to contact Sarah to find out what the status of the box is. According to the USPS site it was delivered last Monday. I've sent her three emails and have received 'delivery failure' notices on all three. I'm going to try to phone her shortly, it's still early in California so I'll wait a couple of hours in case she's at work.

I hope all is well with her. It would be a shame to lose the box this late in the game.
    I'll keep you updated.

Ara

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ladies, I hate to say it but it looks like this box is a goner. All my attempts to contact Sarah have failed. I thought that perhaps she is just temporairly without phone or internet, and that since the mailing list is inside the box, she would go ahead and forward it on to the next person on the list. It's been ten days since the box was delivered in California. I'll wait a few more days and see if it shows up at pedalpusher's before doing anything else.

Carmen, Susan and Marie; I am so sorry this happened so late in the game. I promise you that I WILL NOT leave you ladies hanging. At this point it looks like I have no other option but to put another box together and continue from there.
    I'll keep you updated.

Ara

• wynative
    18 years ago

thanks, as I have been saving stuff just for you, Ara. I hope that Sarah is alright...

Marie

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone, Ara I would be more than happy to send you some stuff to help make these girls a box of goodies! I want them to enjoy a box just like the rest of us, and think we should all that received the box and sent it on should help in this, I know everyone would be willing to help so that it's not all on you! Email me!

Diane

• Araillia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Diane, you are so sweet. I appreciate all the help I can get and know the ladies who are still on the waiting list will too.
    If anybody else would like to donate please contact me.

Ara

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Ara
    Count me in, need your address please.Would like to mail you a box asap. Hope Sarah is doing alright.I agree with Diane, it should not all be out of your pocket.

Deanie

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Hi Ara,
    That is too bad about the box, I am sorry that happened. If you send me your addy I can send something for the box. I must have been close to the last few, and it was a great box, so I would like to help! I am sure you double checked, but I read in the beginning of this swap some people were going to be away at certain times, any hopes this gal is on long vacation? Steph

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hi Ara, got your email. Just tryin' to bump.....I know we have other gals out there that want to contribute...

Everyone please take 5 (after midnight) and wish TinaTN a WONDERFUL Birthday!

Thanks!
    sassyd