SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drewet88

Pot worms and over feeding

Drewet88
10 years ago

I suddenly have a small amount of what I believe to be pot worms and I'm sure it's because I overestimated the speed the worms would work on potato peels. When I checked today there was a small amount of pot worms inside the worm bin moving throughout the potato peels.

My worms do not seem to care about the pot worms but I still took out the potato peelings for now and left 1 piece of moldy bread. When I gave the worms the peelings I put them inside of a paper bag, then I put a handful of shredded moist paper inside the bag, then I buried it inside the corner of the bin. Could that be the reason pot worms appeared or was it just to much food?

I'm glad I decided to check on it even though I had just looked in there a couple days ago, it's been less than 2 months and I already almost killed them. I'm debating a second bin now just in case something happens to one.

O. I also have plenty of pumpkin plants sprouting inside my worm bin, it was funny at first but now I want it to stop lol. I saved 20 pumpkin plants before I decided that I may have to many.

Comments (20)