SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raisemybeds

Having so much fun giving away the extras!

raisemybeds
16 years ago

I have been having a ball giving away my extra plants, some to friends and neighbors, and some on the freecycle network. I have gained a new gardening buddy in the area, which is worth its weight in gold to me. Many have showed up over these past few weeks for free plants, and casual garden tours. My favorite visitor was a lady I met at a local closeout store who was desperately seeking tomatoes (they had nothing good there) and when I told her I would give her some of mine she was so happy. Turns out she has a bedridden spouse and can't get out much anymore, but she does have a large sunny yard and wants to acquire this new hobby. What a great attitude. She already had a plan in place and had hired a local teen to do the bull work for her (she is older). I thought she had a lot of determination and I was blessed to meet her. She will be calling me throughout the Summer. Others who had gotten plants from me last year sent emails looking for more. Some have brought unusual flowers or other garden goodies. An Italian woman is going to make sauce for me. And all of them are going to build raised beds (I wonder who talked them into that?).

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH