SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adamm321

Any ideas for easy ways to provide vertical supports for vines?

AdamM321
18 years ago

Hi,

I am hoping to have more vines next year. I need arbors and trellises etc but that seems to be hard for me to obtain for some reason. I just don't want to spend the money on something expensive and I do have grown kids that could help me make something with copper pipe or wood. I have a stockade fence and would like to grow some Morning glories along it, but can't figure out what will be the most workable and attractive way to do that. I have been brainstorming and have gone so far as to daydream of stretching a wire from corner to corner of the back of my house, just under the 2nd floor windows and using string anchored in the ground to grow morning glories all along the back side of the house. My obstacle always is the vinyl siding on the house. I am always afraid to put any holes in it for fear water will get behind the siding. Has anyone else ever tried that or do you think it is workable?

Sometimes I am not sure if my ideas are practical. [g] I also wanted to find some pattern to build copper trellises etc. What has everyone else done for vertical supports?

Thanks,

adam

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus