SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannahsdad_gw

worm bin idea

hannahsdad
14 years ago

Hello all 2 questions for you ,

I was going to make a outside bin digging at least 5-8 inches into the ground with some cinder blocks but today I was rooting around home depot ( got a gift card for christmas ) seeing how much cinder blocks cost etc and I happened upon a item called a silt fence , it is bas. a 3 foot high by 100 foot long tarp with 4 foot tall stakes dispersed throughout . It is used for erosion control etc . It made me think I wonder if this may not work just as good . I think it may and as far as instalation, I was considering double layering it with either some hay or something in between the layers if this image helps wall: hay : wall to act as some insulation . What do yall think ? Its is cheaper only 31 dollars and I can make 2 good size pits insualted( or 4 non isulated ) with it versus one pit with the cinder .

And one other idea occured to me while in tha same area I saw some empty sand bags ( poly bags ) what do yall think of these as a type of flooring ( put some holes in them for drainage rocks on top/bottom as well . they also are cheap ( cheaper than hardware cloth by far ) Have you noticed im "thrifty" yet :)

well thank you all for your help and time

Jeff

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!