SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Not too bad for mid November ...

After the very windy squall that blew in early this morning I wondered if anything would be left in the garden.

I noticed a perfectly pristine Heritage bloom last evening and made a note to myself to take a picture of it this morning. I was amazed that it was still there and still beautiful, complete with it's great lemony fragrance ...

I've been waiting until the fragrant mistflower, Eupatorium havanense, was fully covered in blooms before taking a picture of it, but awoke to find it fully covered by a pot of bougainvilleas that blew over in the squall. Oh well, it makes for a nice color combination ...

I'm going to try to root cuttings.

This is a purple version of boneset from Europe, Fortune's Eupatorium, that I got from the old Hill Country Gardens ...

Wooley Bee Brush was a little droopy, but looking all the more graceful. It's a tall plant, about 5 or 6 ft. and has coarse foliage, but is never out of bloom all summer long and keeps most of it's leaves in winter ...

Here's another favorite David Austin rose for its beauty and fragrance, Jude the Obscure ...

If ever a rose should be name 'Mutablis' for its changing colors it's Molineux. Sometimes it's light clear yellow, sometimes almost white, sometime pure orange. Here it is today ...

{{gwi:208162}}

Thanks to Carrie I'm in love again. The replanted Dr. Seuss brug recovered enough to bloom, and then it set eight more buds ...

A new for me plant this year is purple Porterweed that was planted for the butterflies which never came. I planted it around a pot meant for a rose. Before the rose got planted Malabar spinach volunteered ...

One of my favorite shrimp plants, Fruit Cocktail. I have five kinds of shrimps now with the yellow one Jim gave me and love them all for their ability to take the heat and drought ...

A flower that I've raved about before is the amazing everblooming Four nerve daisy, shown here with it's friend, Black foot daisy ...

Anyone who loves scented plants should consider growing Night blooming jasmine even if it does have to be dragged in for the winter. The scent is heavenly and heavily wafts ...

I like the slightly bizarre flavor the succulent hanging basket gives to the rather mundane front yard ...

Does anyone know the name of this agave being being embraced by Copper canyon daisey? I love the curving arms. The frowning figure in this otherwise happy plant photo looks like he was baptised in lemon juice. I don't know why I keep him around ... LOL

Hope you weren't too bored with more photos from me!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County