SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linchat_gw

More tomato woes

linchat
15 years ago

Hello all I sent some pics about a month ago of some plants that I croaked which appeared and probably was too much fertilizer. I have another plant that is showing similar symptoms that was planted about a month ago with a 9 month control release fert. I have done nothing else with the plant but water a few days a week.

Whatever is happening starts with this picture below. The effected leaves loose rigidity, they just become very soft and pliable. Ultimately they just brown and die. Is this just old leaves or a systemic problem. Once this starts it usually knocks out the whole plant in time. Also, what is affecting the leaves has also affected some of the flowers. The stem thins, flower dries and dies.

The plant looks great other then this symptom it is starting to show. Problem area's are closer to bottom of plants at the moment. Once a leaf is affected, it usually affects everything on stem.

Plant Info

-----------

Plants looks very healthy other wise

Brandywine tomato

Planted in 15 gallon container

Drip irrigated 2-3 days per week

Average temp 85 degrees

Using a 9 month fert with micro nutrs. (I know fert length is to long, could not find a 3 month with micros)

Using Als 511 mix. Peat / Perlite / Garden Lime / Pine Fines

Hopefully I am just jumping the gun here, but I have seen some of my other plants loose practically all of there leaves and reduce tomato production to this. Would like to prevent it this time if possible.

I did spray milk / soap on the leaves yesterday thinking maybe a fungus of some sort. Or is it just the normal course of the plant?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath