SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

With Fall Comes Roses and Other Pretty Things ...

With fall comes more roses and much more pleasant weather in which to take pictures! :-)

This is an found old rose with a mouthfull of a study name "Mt. Helena's Cemetery Very Double Hybrid Tea" ..

{{gwi:276808}}

It has bloomed all summer and hasn't had a speck of black spot or mildew. It's very fragrant too. When it's larger I'm hoping some of you will want cuttings as it's a worthy rose to grow ...

{{gwi:276809}}

To the left notice the little pots of roses that were rooted at Schumachers propagation class the end of May. I'm surprised at how fast they have grown. All of them have already bloomed too which is a good thing so I could ID them, because I mixed them up when I brought them home and had a box full of mystery roses! LOL ...

This is one of them, "Emmie Gray". If anyone coming to the San Antonio swap wants some cuttings I can bring some from my neighbor Georgeanne's bush. It's evergreen and grows in the dappled shade of oak trees with NO leaf diseases. But it would probably bloom more if placed with a little more sun. ...

Gruss an Aachen looks best to me when the buds first open ...

This is my first plumeria bloom. Georgeanne gave me a cutting this spring. It loves full all day sun ...

This pale yellow Datura was grown from seed that Jolana gave me ...

Felicia rose with Almond verbena. Almond verbena is really filling the air with fragrance these days. I dearly love the fragrance of Felicia too. It smells just like my grandmother's face creme ...

Chenille plant, isn't it gorgeous? Unfortunately it is not growing in my yard, but at the S. A. Botanical center. It's a zone 10 plant. Maybe Jim or others in more southern zones grow it. How about it, do you?

I'd love to see photos of your fall gardens. Please post some pictures! Thanks :-)

Comments (10)