SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salthart

German Heads and site search.

12 years ago

OK, I have read quite a bit on these forums and I've seem people who are new here being told to use the "search" feature. I've also seen those same people say they have tried with dismal results.

A number of hours ago I was surfing for tomato seed online. By chance I happened upon a tomato called German Head. Nothing about the name to catch my attention but the photo ?

I had to click on it and there I found the closest thing to the tomato I've been looking for. They called it a pink but the picture was of an orange, green shouldered, lobed flattened oval with the narrow ends curled. The only thing that would keep me from thinking this was one and the same tomato I ate as a young teen was the size of the fruit.

The description of German head on this web site was far to vague so I did a Google search and was led here, to a thread called "German Head? Carolyn, it's all your fault"

Lots of people saying they were going to try this tomato but no one going back and saying how they turned out ! I used the site search for German Head, No luck. I returned to the thread and posted a reply then clicked "Return to Growing tomatoes forum" No post there. Hit the back key and there it was. returned to Growing once again and hit refresh. Nothing..

I typed "German Head? Carolyn, it's all your fault" into the search and not a thing. Could it be a problem with Firefox ? A return to Google and a search for German head returned me to that post. Back to Growing and nothing.

So now I'm worried that this is double posted in some arcane or archaic thread that will return to haunt me sometime in the future.

I just want to know first hand how those tomatoes tasted ! Sweet, tart, bland, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)