SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Genu-wine Texas Hill Country 'Junque' ...

For those who like to decorate their gardens with a bit of nostalgia (some would call it junk; I call it 'junque' :-) Bob and I came across the neatest little place up in the Texas Hill Country in the little town of Lakehills near Medina Lake.

The owner of all this 'garden art', Roseanne, is an avid collecter herself, and while not all pictured below is for sale, some of it is.

Here is a portion of her sale yard ....

Several walls were decorated with cast off garden tools nicely arranged ...

Some of Roseanne's yard arrangements of 'garden art' ...

The way she puts things together reminds of collages where unrelated items are grouped together, but they work ...

There were lots of old tools for sale ...

Someone could mount these motor boat propellers on rods and paint them to represent flowers ...

This department store display stand would make a great vine trellis ...

And this old rusty trunk a wonderful flower box ...

She has more stuff inside of a barn like structure.

Roseanne's Cherokee Junk Shop is not always open at present, but she expects to be keeping regular hours within the next few weeks. Until then you can call for an appointment. Incidentally, I have no business affiliation with her except for buying a few pieces.

If anyone is interested in visiting her 'junque yard' email me through my page for her phone number. BTW, there are a few other resale shops in the area from which I also purchased items. One is across the road and down a ways.

For some fun ideas on gardening with found items check out 'Vintage Garden Stuff' and 'More Vintage Garden Stuff' on the blog below.

Have fun gardening with junque!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening With Grace Blog ... (she lives where it rains!)

Comments (9)