SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Tom's may be on the rebound

rjinga
16 years ago

I had posted before that my seeds sprouted and then nothing more happpened....well they were potted into peat pots and I decided before I chucked them, I just didn't have the heart to let them go so I decided that I'd give them ONE more shot...

so anything with the even slightest sign of a 2nd true leave...came out of the peat pots and went into styrofoam cups...

and low and behold...I have at least 3 (and still counting) that have started (or continued) growing...I wish I'd take before and after photos.

I'm throwing away all the peat pots I bought and taking back what I have not opened (if I find any) and wont ever use them again.

I have another experiment to try (this time I'll photo graph it for posterity ;)

I planted okra and transplanted them pretty much at the same time...of course the peat pots were then novelty...so the first ones went into the peat pots (from Lowes') Then later on I put a bunch more into cups...the ones in cups have passed the others by leaps and bounds.....makes no sense to me really, they got the same amount of watering etc. so I'm going to take the handfull that are in the peat pots and will transplant them one more time, and see if they catch up.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH