SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

After a hard winter ...

After a hard winter there's lots of hard work cleaning up the mess. We're about done with that and now we're starved for color.

Speaking of color, Four nerve daisy bloomed all winter long. Through freezes and sleet it never stopped blooming even once. Amazing! Don't know if it will do that every year though ....

Notice the stock tank we half buried. Should I paint it, antique it? And with what color?

With their upturned faces Mountain laurels always looks so happy ...

This is not the prettiest of the bunch, but it's the first of the hybrid columbines to bloom. This is a probably a third generation mix of a variety named Winkie and Hinkley's columbine. If you want some gorgeous colors plant those two heat tolerant varieties together and enjoy the rainbow hues of their progeny ...

About every three or four years we get a bumper crop of Santa Anna plums. I never spray it ...

Almost always the first and last rose to bloom -- Old Blush ...

But the most colorful and sweetest thing that keeps going and going and going is the 'Mulch Guy' :-) shown here sweeping off a new brick walk he's laying. Ah, retirement is wonderful ...

There are quite a few plants that may not come back. I think the Thyralis is gone for good. The Blue crown passion vine shows no signs of life and it is usually evergreen. Not sure about the Rangoon creeper yet, but I think it is a goner. Well, I am thrilled that I had a couple of years enjoyment of it's fragrant blooms.

I would love to see how your gardens are coming along! Post your pictures on this thread if you want to.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County