SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marinfla

Carrie Mango....I really get it now !!!

marinfla
13 years ago

So the Carrie mango tree in the pictures I have posted was planted in my yard on Mother's Day 2008 together my mother and daughter in honor, celebration and as a lasting memorial to a special Mother's Day. The last year (the first year in the ground) it fruited a few mangoes, one was edible and didn't taste that good at all. I was so disappointed I considered that maybe I had made a really bad choice. I was not impressed and began to wonder what all the fuss was about with everyone raving about this Carrie Mango when I found this forum. This year when the tree flowered I cut off most the flower spikes except the lowest branch so the tree would grow more instead of waste energy on fruit. Well I just ate the the FIRST "real" mango from this tree and I am AMAZED. It was the most awesome flavor and the flesh was creamy and dripping with juice. I get it now!! I have become a mango addicted monster. I can't wait to see that tree covered with mangoes now. I am going tomorrow to get a lemon meringue tree, which was nearly as delicious as that first Carrie from the Mother's Day Commemorative Mango Tree. Is there such a group as Mango Manics Anonymous? My family thinks I need help :)

Marin

Here is a link that might be useful: My Mango Trees

Comments (31)