SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vance8b

Tomato leaves green/limp w/Bunch o' PICS

vance8b
16 years ago

Hey all. I have had this problem before and never have found out exactly what it is. In ground and in pots, some plants start going limp during the day and perking up at night. Certain branches/parts of branches are affected. It only gets worse, so I just yank the plants that have this happen and dump the soil.

I did not have much trouble last year, but this year a Homestead grown from seed planted in last years reconditioned potting mix (fluffed in a wheel barrow and time release fertilizer added) has started exhibiting symptoms. What does this look like and what can I do about it?. I can't afford an autoclave that my backyard will fit in :) .

I live in hot/humid Florida and may just have to be a bit more vigilant about garden hygiene. Knowing what exactly I was dealing with would help. Many descriptions can be found, but I have had a hard time finding photos. Silly huh? When I can just take my own!

The plant had two other branches that were entirely limp. I removed them before deciding to take photos.

Thanks!

The entire branchÂ. Note only one side is affected.

A leaf on the limp side...

The firm leaf on the opposite side....

Another limp leaf from the affected side....

And the opposite side firm leaf....

The entire limp side....

The removed branch....

The inside of the stem....

Comments (20)