SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

TebowYoung Mango Report

hmhausman
12 years ago

The first of my 4 Tebow/Young mangoes ripened today.

From May 31, 2011
From May 31, 2011
From May 31, 2011

The flowering and fruiting habit of the tree (which is tiny) seems to indicate a fruitful future in terms of production. The fruits are good sized, and seemingly pretty disease resistant. The flesh was fiberless and appealing. The flavor was disappointing.....I guess you would say......to the extent that there was any flavor. It was basically weashed out and watery with a slight mild pleasant flavor. There was no significant aroma to the flesh or fruit in general. This is the first fruit so I do not, necessarily, foreclose any further future evaluations. The problem is that we have had a very dry spring.....almost record dryness. More rain would probably not help this fruit and that is what we would usually expect. We had a Parvin mango today as well and the flavor of the Parvin blew the Tebow/Young away. They were not even in the same ballpark in terms of eating quality. The Parvin mango was grown about 25 feet to the east of the Tebow/Young. Sorry folks....I hate being the bearer of bad news.

Harry

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz