SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfox248

Very sick miracle berry plant - how can I help it?!

cfox248
9 years ago

Hey!

So, I ordered a miracle berry plant from Fast-Growing-Trees.com. It arrived in absolutely sorry shape (so did the tea plant I ordered, that one ended up dying very quickly). The leaves are red and the edges are crispy. Leaves had jarred loose in the box, about half of them it seemed. It was planted in plain garden soil and not at the correct pH. It's a small, sad plant and I need to make it well again!

I planted it in the sphagnum moss/perlite mix, getting it as close to 1:1 as I could, though the rain seems to push the perlite down into the mix. I've been watering it with rainwater, since the pH stuff I got is not the right stuff so I have no way of lowering the pH of tapwater as of now.

Is rainwater a low enough pH for it? I've read conflicting opinions in different places. I also notice when I put my pH meter in the soil, the arrow doesn't really move. It was a 5 dollar non-digital meter though so I question it! Do I need to get some pH lowering stuff? I know I'll need to get some azalea fertilizer, or some other acid fertilizer pretty soon. I'm not sure what I need to do to pull this poor plant from the verge of dying.

Comment (1)