SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yayagreen2000

Garden Circle Exchange Ring June

yayagreen2000
18 years ago

OK, another hard finger wagging at all you late senders. We had 5 senders last month causing problems, including a couple that still haven't heard from their pals....which if you still haven't you need to tell me again, because once I send something out to see what is going on with your pal, I cross it off my "to do" list until I either hear back from them and tell you about it, or I hear back from you telling me that you still haven't heard from them or me about it. Does that make sense. And tell me guys, with all the people sending late, including my own pal, what is the vote from you all about dropping those people? I know I have rules, but so many are breaking them, I don't really know what to do about it, it isn't fair to the recievers to have to always complain to me about about it, but I also have feelings of guilt about the people who are late because they are sick, but then again.....I have a full life and I haven't been late for at least contacting my pal or sending a note by the 15th of the month. So give me some feedback.

YaYa

Comments (96)

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Greetings Everyone
    Wow my computer crashed a new experience for me so off to the repair shop I go......wow all over a $8.00 video card!! I am thankful to have my computer back as I missed my gardenweb friends!!
    Wow a lot happen while I was gone. Go figure...Teresa has a baby girl!! Congratultaions!! I am so happy for you and your hubby!!! I read your post over and over and just can't begin to express how happy I am for you. Oh keep us posted!! Pictures are in order!! After I read your post a friend stopped by I was teary eyed and gave him a big hug!! He was wondering what was up......Teresa has a baby!! He was also pleased to hear the news!!
    Dusty I was sadden and teary eyed reading your post. I am so sorry for your loss. Reading about your Kool Aid kids reminded me so much of my childhoood. My parents were great with kids and my house was the place to hang out at. My parents made us a volleyball court and put up an above ground pool. Brought make a lot of happy memories. I am so thankful and blessed in knowing there is still special people around whom take time to enjoy and help the kids!! I love the tent idea!! God bless you and your kids. You and your bunch will be in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember you now have a very special angel looking over you. I lost my nephew when he was 20 to MD. I truly understand about loss and I think it is harder when a child is involved. I so wish I lived closer so I could be there and help with this situation and painting!! Can't forget the painting! LOL You have handled the situation so well Dusty. The children are truly blessed to have you in their lives as I am sure you are blessed by having them in your life. I also did bleeding hearts and forget me nots for my nephew. I added a butterfly bush as he loved butterflies. He also loved to swing as a young child...so I added a hanging angel on a swing! I have a cement bench with angels on it and sit there often and find peace there. Myself like all your other GW friends would be happy to do anything to help. Please let me know if you can think of something.
    I hope everyone is having fun in their gardens!! We are having a heat wave. In the 90's which is warm for this time of year!! The plants are loving it!! I've become a full time water person!! Of course this doesn't stop me from adding more plants to my gardens! Just makes it a bit more of a challenge.
    Best wishes for a great weekend!

• gail2568
    18 years ago

I just found this group and it sounds like alot of fun and I would very much like to join if you would allow me to do so. If someone could tell me what exactly I would need to do I would truely appreciate it. Sounds like one good group of people.

Thanks
    gail

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - April

Q

Comments (35)
    I must apologize profusely to both my Circle Pals (giving and recieving). I failed to say thanks and also failed to get a package out before the 15th. I'd been trying to decrease the amount of time I spend online, and did that a bit too well. Not to mention just plain procrastinated and forgot when I finally did have time. I promise this will not be a regular occurance! Please forgive me!!! The package I received was wonderful. My pal has a colleague that just came back from India. She included some wonderful Indian tea and incense. The package also included a great book about home pest/weed remedies. I will have to see if there's anything for dandelions... aside from tulips that's what's in bloom right now! Both of my pals should be aware that I will be out of town (actually out of country) from May 13 - 22. So, if you were tempted to send something that requires immediate attention, please make sure it arrives before or after. I will try to send something (even if just a letter) for May before I leave. I won't be able to bring back any plant matter from overseas (darned customs regulations!), but I'll see what I can do for a June package. Thanks for your understanding and forgiveness!! -Stephanie
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring 2005 = April

Q

Comments (100)
    Shirley, just because you said Lowe's had their bulbs 1/2 off I stopped by ours yesterday on the way home and their's were still full price! Everyone gets such good deals at Lowe's but ours hardly ever puts anything on sale that isn't 9/10s dead. I did need some manure so it wasn't a wasted trip and of course I saw other things I had to have. ;-) Can you please ask the Lowe's manager or your store to train mine? <:d>Theresa, I do the same thing when I look around. It just awes me that I have parts of so many people in my gardens. That's the way I think of it, parts of "them" because they put some much of themselves into growing those plants. My pal didn't post that she got her April package either but I'm sending everything with delivery confirmation so I hope she's getting them. I got a really great package from a trade on a differnt RR today. I've been very lucky with both my RR pals. I love this one too. I look forward every day to coming home and seeing what everyone has to say. Keep posting, it's like being with old friends. Nancy
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - May

Q

Comments (19)
    Hi ladies! Yes I have been planting, watering and weeding :) My daughter and I got her teepee put up and sweetpeas & pole beans planted around it. She also planted about 50+ different annual flowers for the 'yard' and put in a pink butterfly bush on the 'deck' with some cute stepping stones. In the back of it she has maxamillian and chocolate sunflowers! Can't wait till they are all in bloom - she did a great job! My iris are just about done blooming but my Peonies are just starting. My callas are just coming up, also my hibiscus (don't know what colors as they were a mixed gift), my dahlia aren't even trying to peek threw though... We have had quite a bit of rain this week and some pretty chilly temps, I hope they are okay. Pastvast - Prague? sounds interesting. Hope you had fun and glad to hear you are home safely. The last day of school here was yesterday, my daughter is going up by Jackson Hole to help some friends on their ranch for a month, then to Denver to help my sister ~ she is having shoulder surgery and isn't allowed to move it for 3 month! I am glad that Meg will be busy this summer but I will miss her and she thinks its a great idea that I make sure her 'garden' is weed free LOL Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Marie
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring May Continued

Q

Comments (100)
    Thanks Secret Pal, I received your package this afternoon! I certainly understand about "stuff" that gets one mind off the little things going on the side! However, I hope it was good stuff and not bad stressfull stuff. Firstly, I loved the card... I'm a big fan of Monet and the other Impressionists. A few years ago I got to visit Paris and visit the Orsey Museum which houses many paintings by the impressionists. I haven't guessed who you are yet, but now I'm able to narrow it down. This time the postmark was legible, so I at least know what state the package was sent from =) Thanks for the glad corms. This spring I got some itty bitty glad cormlets that I'm going to try and grow into flowering size ones. It's quite cool I'll actually be able to have flowering glads this year instead of just dreaming about when my cormlets are grown up! I've got the perfect place for the glads and the mums you sent. I will actually have to hang my hanging basket though. I'd been keeping a hanging basket on the ground in a bed to cover up a big bare spot. Oh... I hope YaYa forwarded the letter I wrote for you. Until I figure out who you are, I'm hoping she'll be willing to be the intermediary! Thanks and Take Care! -Stephanie
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Gail,
    E-mail Ya Ya the first one who started this new post.
    She is over our group. We actually started this last Nov.
    (I think). Some have dropped out so you may be needed to fill one of their shoes. Good luck (You will definetely enjoy this group). I love these guys.

I need to get in the bed, getting up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning going to Atlanta, Ga. to yard sales. There will be 5 of us going. We yard sale ALLLL DaYYYYY and I mean all day. There are 100's of yard sales in those subdivions and we get out and walk from house to house. You never know what kind of treasure you may find. My daughter started going with us this year and she is already hooked, and I mean hooked. I told her it was addictive.

Will let you know if I find something grand.

Shirley

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Look what's greeting me these days when I take a walk outside!

{{gwi:1279249}}
    Mona Lisa

{{gwi:1279252}}
    Sunset Asiatic

{{gwi:1279257}}
    Sorry I don't know the name but it's beautiful!

{{gwi:1279258}}
    Sanford Showgirl

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

Ooooohhhhh, I want a Sanford Showgirl!
    All very beautiful! Thanks for posting them.
    Theresa

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

hEY bETH THOSE rEX bEGONIAS ARE GEORGOUS!
    Do you have room for one more in this robin for a replacement? (Hoping to get close to A rex begonia!!!):)

I know...email yaya....

cheers-
    LRV

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Time for me to do a little clerical work on the ring. I need EVERYONE to email me and tell how long it has been since you heard from them. Did you get a May package or card? A June? The more responses I get from you all, the less I have to go back into the archives and research everything. I want to do drops this month....well by the end of this month......so don't send your July package until at least July 1st, so I have time to email you the last week in June in case you need to send to someone else. Be sure to check your email before you send your July package. If you don't hear from me, just send to your regular pal. Please email me as soon as you can after reading this....and I will start reviewing the archives about the 20th of June. Also, make sure to email me that last week in June if you didn't get anything for June.

Thanks for your help.....spring cleaning time for the RING!

YaYa

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK, now for my friendly post. I woke up this morning and saw a deer in my backyard! I don't want deer in my backyard. It was a young male, who actually looked kind of lost. He didn't eat anything, he just looked like he was passing through....I hope so anyway. He is only the 2nd deer I have seen here in 3 years. The first was also just passing through, and at a good speed too.

I like deer, but not in my backyard....I just planted too many plants to share with such a hungry creature, he he.

My lilies are blooming, and everything is filling out pretty good, well most things. It is really obvious where I ammended the soil well and where I got lazy. Unfortunately, when you have symmetrical beds, and one side does much better than the other, it is kind of noticable, so I guess I will have to till and rework the slow side.

To all who are suffering this month, from illness, loss, or general mailaze, I send you good thoughts and prayers, and for those celebrating, I lift my glass and say "salute".

YaYa

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Oooh Nancy/Jacey's- all very pretty!
    Teresa OH How's that new baby girl?
    Yaya I'll email you, though my pal is as regular as rainfall here LOL.

Here: to show you what torment Poochella has to endure with a teenager at the controls. My previous array of cut dahlias as my screen saver/desktop photo was replaced with this hideous offering the other morning. I think the rabbit and slugs are evident, but the brown thing with spots and huge teeth has me wondering if she-DD- didn't see Ya Ya's deer!
    {{gwi:1279260}}

I didn't know she had minions! Apparently one cannot plug in the Apple I Pod successfully running it, if Mom hasn't logged off. Humph.

• Twinkle
    18 years ago

Poochella that is the funniest thing I've seen all day! Thanks for the laugh.

I just received the most wonderful box from my pal. Holy cow - it's like Christmas in June! There's a beautiful glass bee (buzz buzz - ha ha). It's made of wire, with glass marbles and glass beads with flower designs inside, and is made to hang on a flowerpot. It's so pretty I'm going to put in in the windowsill where the sun can shine through it. There were some items to help me get ready for the 4th of July - sparkly red white and blue pencils with star toppers, and a visor to keep the sun off my face. It has been so hot here and I have a bumper crop of freckles! There was also a book - wow! The 20 Minute Gardener. It is very helpful because it has been raining every day - literally - and some days all I get is 20 minutes in between rain showers to run outside and prop up a few drippy droopy plants. This weekend I have been curled up on the sofa by the window with this book and other treats that my pal sent, chocolate and tea. I feel very spoiled!

Thank you pal, you are very generous and sweet. Hope you are having better weather than we are.

Twinkle

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Hi everyone, It's gotten cooler here, a welcome change from the 90's with high humidity we've had every day for over a week now. It's supposed to be in the 80 for the next few days with low humidity. YEAH! Yesterday it was still hot but I managed to get my canna bed tilled and planted. I think it's going to really be pretty. I have 15 different ones in it and can't wait to see it bloom. I know it's late but they've been in other areas and in pots so have been growing. I hope I didn't set them back by moving them.

We got rain several times last week but not a lot at a time. All together it was just about right.

Pooch, that looks like something Jacey would do. Every time she's here I find some kind of new art work. lol Love the minions everybody needs a few!

Beth sent me a couple of pics that I'm going to post for you guys. I think she's missed her calling as a photographer! What do you think?

The pics are different sizes 'cause I was playing with trying to resize in windows office. I see it worked!

Well, I'm off to play outside while it's cool!

Nancy

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

I LOVE that sunset asiatic lily! All of them are certainly a lovely sight to greet you.

Annie, that screensaver is too funny! Watch out for that kid with her minions. Every time someone starts gathering minions, they're out to take over the world!

Nancy, I agree - Beth's pictures are awesome! Wish I could take pictures like that. I could probably do better if I would only keep my camera handy...

Y'all have a great day. I've slept away the morning (felt good) so now have to go out and move soil in the heat of the day.

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

are there any openings i would really like to join patty

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hello, everyone.
    Just wanted to post that I received a package from my pal. I got a plastic alligator (or is it a crocodile?), a cute little sign with a watering can, a sedum, a bird of paradise, a calla, and a plant in a small shot glass size pot that I haven't figured out what it is. Oh yeah, and a honeysuckle candle... smells so nice.
    Thank you, pal. I don't know who you are... I kind of like the mystery aspect :-).
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. I went camping with my boys and had a great time, but I must be getting old... I'm sore all over tonight. Paul

• dustydigger
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone! We're healing.
    Jan,
    Your folks sound like the hubby and I. We love the kids! Tenting at my house is a common occurance in the summer... but I think that's the most we've ever had. The kids are all good about getting the firewood to the house and stacked for the summer months.. although we did burn a lot the past 2 weeks. We have a great set up for the kids.. Basketball hoop, volleyball, racketball, horseshoes, frisbees, and this weekend, we added a trampoline! They are loving that! It was free.. a friend was moving and asked if we wanted it... Yeah baby! When we got home with it, they all ran to the truck and had that baby set up in 10 minutes! lol It's a big trampoline too!

We've been having a heat wave here! Has been in the mid 90's since last Tues.! Talk about hot! I used it as a good excuse to get in the pond and get some plants sunk to the bottom. We're not use to heat like this! Ontop of it, add the humidity and talk about sweat! I have a ton of tadpoles in the pond! I can't believe how many!

Beth,
    Lil T and I are not related but may as well be. We're great friends. Her and her hubby came out to my house last summer.. they were going to come this summer, but we got a great surprise! Gabby!! So.. I guess I'll be going to Lil T's sometime this summer. Still hoping her folks will still come out! Love your pics! Esp. the one with the frog!!!

Pooch,
    That's a great backgrowund! lol Loved the "your flowers"! What a hoot!

Paul, I don't camp out anymore! My body just isn't as young as it use to be! When the kids were lil, we went to a campground and had more people around us than at home, so we went home and found a cool spot out back in our woods. Camped there for years until the coyotes got real bad. They claim coyotes don't bother people.. but my Youngest and Hunter were chased by a couple back when they were 11. They also went after a 5 year old. DD and I listened to them get a neighbors dog a couple years back.. that was a horrible sound! 2 weeks ago, they got a bunch of sheep! Nope.. the coyotes scare me!

Nancy,
    I am happy to report, the painting is finished! I know I know.. took me long enough! lol You just don't understand... me and painting started out utter enemies... and this house really is huge! We're friends now! Out of necessity! I'm a much better painter now! lol

Shirley,
    I love Garage saleing! Don't do it as much as I use to, time more than anything. What great finds did you get?

ABC,
    If you run out of soil there to move, I can help you out here at the shop! :)

Yaya,
    I'm cool with my pal!

Lil T,
    Kiss Gabby for me! She's a beaut!

Well time to get some shelving moved around. Hope you all have a great day!

~Dusty~

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Hi Dusty
    Keep up the good work with the kids!!
    I still need to come up with something to trade for the book.....is there anything you are looking for??
    I can feel the warmth between Teresa and you just by reading your postings!! What a wonderful friendship!!
    Ok Ms. Teresa we all want to hear from you and of course are waiting for a picture!!
    Beth keep up the good work with the photos!! Just can't get enough of them!! Excellent job!! You could go in business with your photos maybe even make some cards with them!! Hey in your spare time do you think you could stop by Teresa's and get some shots of the baby? LOL
    Paul Yep I have to tell you as the big 44 is hitting this month........camping and becoming sore is a sign of aging!!Soon it will be time for a motorhome!! Not really camping but I can pretend!! It sounds like you have a great relationship with your boys which is just wonderful!!
    Here in Mi we have been having a heat wave...in the 90's for the past two weeks and no rain!! Sure glad I have a well to sprinkle with!! It really has become a full time job!! I do have a auto. sprinkler system but I kept expanding my gardens and not the s. system so I guess I will cool it for a bit until I can get the sprinkler system expanded!!
    The heat has forced me to put in a new little shade garden !! Any excuse for another garden!! I know all of you can relate!! Plus I have a lot of hosta sitting in pots on my driveway and unless I want to start parking in the street I better get some planted!!
    Take care and enjoy the summer!!

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

I just wanted to post I am happy with my pal. Also note I will try to get my pal's package out on time. I have been late and I am sorry for that. I also want to note I really am having fun with the special pal I have to send to and for that I thank you. I hope to be friends for a long time!I am working on June's box today and hope to ship it out tomorrow! Thanks again for being a great hostess!! I promise to shape up because I don't want to be shipped out!! This is such a fun group of people and feel honored to be included!!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

Hi All,
    I guess we are in high summer now as the temps are regularly in the 90's and rain comes every afternoon here to cool things down a little. I have big plans for the beach on Thursday. Hope the weather holds out.

Paul....Camping? What fun! How many boys do you have? I believe we have only seen a pictures of one.

Nancy....Love the picture of the tree frog. They are so cute! We put one in a jar for my 4-yr-old that wanted a pet (we were just going to let him look at it for an hour or so). Then I turned my back and he had shook him to death :( I guess he's NOT ready for a pet.

Well, just wanted to say, as I have emailed to YaYa, that my pal is wonderful and I am very happy with this group.

Happy summer everyone and stay cool!
    Theresa

• pattyp2257
    18 years ago

if there are any opens i would enjoy joining patty

• teresa_ohio
    18 years ago

Hey there! Thank you all for the warm wishes. Things are going great here! I'm a little tired, but not too bad. My Mom has been a big help coming over in the afternoons so I can get a shower, a nap, or whatever. I think she just wants to spend all the time she can with Gabby! She's definitely getting spoiled. She wants to be held all the time. Today she was pretty fussy, but DH came home from work and took care of her and sent me out to the gardens to work a little bit. It felt good to get outside for a bit. That's the first I've been out in my flowerbeds for probably two weeks now. I still look at Gabby and just can't believe she's our daughter. She's just an angel. You know what's really cool is my daylily called Destiny's Child bloomed this week and also my iris named Congratulations. I loved that! And I love being a Mommy! I'm still walking on air. :)

Yep, Dusty and I might as well be related. :) She has been such a wonderful friend. When we were on our way to the hospital to see Gabby for the first time, Dusty called my cell phone and we talked most of the way there. It was an hour and a half drive and we were so nervous. Talking with her just helped so much. She's one of those people that just immeditately makes you feel comfortable and is so easy to talk too. Our friendship has meant the world to me! Dusty, you know I love ya and can't wait to see you!

Ok, got some pics here! Hopefully I can remember how to load them. lol.
    {{gwi:1279266}}
    {{gwi:1279268}}
    I hope everyone else is doing well! I'll try to keep up better! Just trying to adjust right now to everything and get a new routine going! lol. Thanks again to everyone! Teresa

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

teresa

how precious

God Bless you all

• Poochella
    18 years ago

OOOOH! A BABY! A BABY! Thanks for posting Teresa! She is a doll- look at her perfect fingers and bright eyes! Two things I love about babies: their little delicate eyebrows and expressions, and the diapered baby butt. The baby butt is the perfect place for a patting hand when diapered.

Teresa I love your comment--- "so I can get a shower." I told my childless neighbor the other day, because another neighbor has a now 6 month old and we never see her outside much anymore, that it is amazing how your day flies when you have an infant. There's no time for anything; it's a miracle if you get a shower. The childless neighbor couldn't believe it, she looked at me so peculiarly as if to say "get a grip and jump in the shower for 5 minutes..." She just didn't get that it was a fuller than full time job!
    I hope you are melding into your new roles as Mom, Dad, Grandma etc and of course Star of the show: Gabrielle, without too much duress. Get some rest, put your feet up and simply marvel at the little beauty before you! You don't need a darn shower to do that! She is precious indeed.

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

She's beautiful, Theresa! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pictures!

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Teresa, Congratulations!!!! Gabrielle is absolutely BEEAUTIFUL and Bright Eyed, and probably bushy tailed (as the saying goes) : D Soo glad you got a shower! Sometimes that still happens to me and mine are 10, 5 and almost 3! I have to time things right and in accordance with moods (so they aren't arguing/fighting/working together toward something destructive : ( by the time I get out of the shower). As mommies I think we really treasure out bath/shower time as it is a chance to clear our head, wake up (or wind down) and be alone for a bit.

Hey, If you're anything like me, you may be wondering if it is possible to actually kiss Gabrielle's soft skin off. I know it sounds odd, but I gave mine soo many kisses that I wondered if the skin might chap or something LOL he he. ... ...
    Give your sweet child, your precious blessing from above, a sweet snuggle from all of us. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy, and try to catch as many winks-zzzzs as you can, whenever you can = )

• pastvast
    18 years ago

Yesterday, I received the package my secret pal sent me. I can't believe that month after month she continues to put such great stuff into it. This month there were tons of goodies. Sweet potato vines!!!! I've got the perfect place for them. Basil.... yummm... I can't wait until I can make pesto from them. The napoloteno (sp?) smells like pesto heaven! All the plants are *terrific* and I can readily find spaces for them.

There were also some candles and bath supplies... but best of all a NAILBRUSH! My husband just looked at me funny and wanted to know if I should be offended. My reply was... all self-respecting gardeners are constantly getting dirt under their nails and therefore need a nail brush to get them cleaned out!! Then I showed him my nails and he had to agree =) LOL! I even wear gardening gloves, but dirt finds its way into the finger areas... and I end up with dirty nails yet again.

Good to hear that you've been kept busy with GOOD things going on! I haven't figured out who you are yet... I haven't decided if I should try hard or not.

There's something fun and exciting about having a SECRET pal... but then there's also more chance for better conversations if we're not afraid to give away details that would identify us.

Have fun in the garden!!
    -Stephanie

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Oh Teresa I wished I lived close enough to come over and hold and love her. She's beautiful. I love little boys but little girls take my breath away. Pink being my favorite color why wouldn't I be crazy over little girls.

Ya Ya I love my secret pal and am very happy with the group.

Dusty - We found all kinds of treasures at the yard sales.
    Some lady must have just had a little baby girl because she had lots of gifts never opened (probably from her baby showers) so I bought them all and plan to give to my niece who is having a little girl soon. Oh I love all that pink stuff for little girls.

Shirley

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

A big thanks for Teresa posting photos!! You have yourself an angel girlfriend!! I am so happy for you MOM!
    Important question: Where do I sign up for bath/shower relief shift? Congrats once again Teresa you are so deserving of being a mom!! Not only do you have an angel but your daughter has one too!! Thats you MOMMY! Enjoy! Do take time for yourself! Keep us posted. I think it is great that daddy times time with her and lets you do something for yourself!! Sounds like another angel to the bunch congrats Daddy!

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Teresa,
    Oooooohhhhhh... absolutely precious

Almost makes me want to have another one.......... NOT!

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

OOOHHHHHH She is beautiful! Not just cute, though she is that too, but Gabby is one beautiful baby. Sending very best wishes to all of you. BB

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Teresa, I want to thank you and your DH for giving beautful Gabby a mommy and daddy to love her. I know you feel that you are the ones blessed to have her but I've read several things you've written over the last couple of years and felt your pain from wanting a baby. I know you will be the best parents for her and she is also blessed! Give here kisses from "Aunt Nancy". I guess we'd all like to be honorary "aunties". lol I wish all babies could have parents who love them whether they be born to them or "chosen" by them. The pictures are delightful but I noticed you took a tiny one of Mommy! lol We wanted to see your glow!

Nancy

• dustydigger
    18 years ago

Well said Nancy, Although Gabby chose Lil T! :) And chose well! I love the pics Lil T sends of her and Gabby.. you can see the love and amazement in Lil T's face! It's a beautiful thing!

I want to thank whoever sent the Croquet set for the kids. The note in the box read "I saw your post on Garden Circle and no kool-aid house is complete without a croquet set. Bless you and the children."
    So to my mystery croquet sender, the kids and I thank you and will set up and play a game of croquet this afternoon! I haven't played this in years and loved it then! I also want to thank you for the frisbee's. I can't have enough of those! Please drop me an email or post here. Would love to send you some pretties for your garden.

My box to my pal is going out tomm., a day late. I had intended to send it today but found something late last night in the garden I wanted to pass along and it needs a good long drink before shipping.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

~Dusty~

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hello, everyone.

Some flowers for you ladies. This one is a pink adenium (aka desert rose).

{{gwi:1279269}}

Here's a plumeria called Celadine that's just beginning. Smells wonderfully sweet and citrusy (like a sliced lemon with lots of melted sugar on top... yummy)

{{gwi:1279270}}

A lot of my cacti and succulents are flowering now. And my dalias are growing well (except the one Pooch sent me...sorry... don't know what happened).

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Bummer Paul! I don't know what happened either, was pretty sure it was growable. They can be fickle little buggers though. If you like I can send a replacement next Spring.
    Those are lovely blooms- thanks for the photos.

Well my faith in humanity is yet again renewed by the mystery croquet sender for Dusty and her kids! You are among the most top notch people/person I've had the pleasure to meet. What a thoughtful gesture. Dusty I hope you and the kids are finding each day a bit easier to manage.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Dusty my thoughts and prayers are with you. Tresa congrats on the baby. I only have one chnce left for a new grandaughter. maybe this year, yours sure is a cutie. Paul beautifull flowers, I am properely jelous. Happy flowers to all I received rain lillies from my pal, and another beautifull card, don't know where she find them but she sends the most beautifull cards. thankyou pal.
    hugs Carol

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

I got a package today!!! My pal sent me some florist pruners. What neat little things they are too and will come in very handy! She also sent me the softest leather, fingerless gloves. How did she know I like to get my nails dirty? LOL It's just not the same when you can't feel what you're doing! She told me who she is too but I'll not tell 'cause then it will be easier for you all to guess who yours is! She's the greatest and send the neatest things that I'd never buy for myself. Thank you pal!

Here's a look at what I have blooming today.

All are nameless but no less beautiful since I'm not a plant snob!

Nancy

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Oops! I forgot to tell you guys that my pal is also an artist! Paul, you'd better watch it, she'll be in competition with you for those cards before long. lol She drew the cutest picture at the bottom of the wonderful letter she wrote with my package. Maybe I'll scan it tomorrow and show it to ya'll if you're good! ;0)

Nancy

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Just a quick post to YA YA I did get my pals package out!! I am trying to be a better pal!! I didn't see my pal post if she is happy with her pal or not so please let me know as I want her to be happy! I really don't want to cause you any extra work! Thanks again for having this exchange!! How is your hubby doing? I hope treatments are still going well?!! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Beautiful pictures: Great flowers and that adorable little baby girl! I hope everyone is doing well. It's super hot here these days but it is supposed to cool down some this weekend. I just hope the day of my daughter's wedding is neither super hot nor rainy. If it's like it is now, I'll probably pack some paper towels in my purse to mop off my face - LOL.
    I have taken a few pictures of flowers in my garden and will post those after the wedding. I got some named day lilies over the last two years and some are in bloom and just gorgeous! The poor roses are just trying to rest and get through the heat. May is rose month here and then you wait for fall. I finally got smart and planted daylilies in with my roses so now I have some flowers in June as well.
    YaYa - thanks for all that you do for this group. We love it!

Sandlapper Rose

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi everyone,

Nancy, WOW!!! Those pictures are really impressive! I love lilies, yours are so beautiful!

Everything is going fine here, my hubby feels fine, but we have some doctors appointments to schedule for some extra opinions. Seems like no one has any answers, but lots of options, wich makes the decisions hard because no one really knows what will happen in any scenerio, but we have to make a choice about treatment. The hard part is knowing that his cancer is not curable.....and that it will get harder to deal with as time goes on because treatments will most likely be less effective. The bright side of the coin is that it isn't like a 6 month sentence or anything, most likely 5-10 years, (he has already had this disease for 6 years) but being 36 years old, it is very strange to actually KNOW that you will not be around to retire or anything, a perspective that not a lot of people share, expecially at our age. And for me, it is strange to have to visualize a whole possible life after this plays out. I will probably be in my early 40's. But for now, I am the happiest I have ever been, we have everything we want, and love each other like best friends and more......if it wasn't for this thing hanging over our heads things would be pretty close to perfect around here. Most of the time we deal pretty well, we are both optimists, and both have strong spiritual parameters, it really makes life feel like some sort of dream really......

YaYa

• dustydigger
    18 years ago

Yaya,
    I know cancer pretty darn well... better than I ever wanted. Lost Hunter at 13 to it after 5 battles and 8 years. I've seen it all, stem cell transplants(2), chemo, radiation, expiermental. Man we wanted him to live!

I have to ask, if his cancer is incurable, what treatment options are they offering? Many times Chemo will kill faster than the cancer itself... and the quality of life suffers big time.

Also, don't believe the 5-10 years dx. Way back when, My Great Gramma's Dr gave her 10 years to live.. she out lived her Dr by 20 years(not cancer)... 30 years from her 10 year dx.. Back in 92, My Mom was Dx-ed with Schlerderma(sp?) Dr's gave her 3-10 years to live with med's. She took the meds for 4 months... hasn't taken them since and is in better health than she was then. Granted, she moved to a very warm state which helps her disease.. but without meds, she's made it 13 years. So don't take their years to heart.

Also, I want to tell you to do some re-search on natural cures/preventive stuff. We had Hunter on a no carb, no sugar, no artificial junk, no meat, no milk(BTW milk is horrid! The hormones they pump into the cows to produce more is mind boggling! I know.. BIL is a dairy farmer.. and he is NOT an exception! Anyhow.. pretty much his(Hunt's) diet was all natural.. no artificial junk... that was the longest he was cancer free but it also followed his first stem cell transplant. Look into natural healing. A lot of folks think it's garbble.. but hey! back before modern day medicine, herbs and the like the Earth gives us were used for many ailments... and worked!

There's a book out, hard to find, but tells much on cancer and natural cures. They claim cancer is curable but big money is making bigger money "trying to find a cure" and the cheap way out is being swept under the rug. I have not read the book, wish I had grabbed it when I saw it... but I saw it after Hunters death.. and thought "too late now" boy was I wrong! But I do believe that while "we" claim to be trying to find cures for this that and the other, this that and the other is getting nowhere. Look at all the money they're making trying to cure this that and the other.

Does anyone besides me find it odd the amount of cancer there is these days? Esp. in children! When I was younger, no kids had cancer.. and few adults did. Now, I know and have heard of more kids with cancer than I care to admit. Hunter said it was because of Milk! lol! He was really against milk! I believe it is a combination of many things.. but look back through history.. major life threating things got cures.. but last I can see was the Polio vaccine back in the 50's. Are they telling me in over 50 years we're unable to find cures for these newer/rarer(at the time) diseases. I don't buy it! Phamacitical companies are big contributers to big government... With so many folks having cancer for instance, why would they want a cure? There's so much more money in fighting.. or pretending to fight the disease rather than cureing(sp? I am a terrible speller!) it.
    Another thing.. Autism... there are so many children dx-ed with Autism all the sudden! Where did that come from? They're thinking mercury from fish! Great! When I was prego..(many moons ago) the Dr's told me eat as much fish as possible.. now they're saying watch how much of certain fish you eat because we polluted the ocean! Fish that live very long are loaded with the stuff! Hmm.. wonder where that came from! Watch the Tuna, shark and shrimp to name a few!

Okay sorry.. I got on a rant.
    me myself, they can take their treatments and shove em! I don't know any cancer survivors. Yes Hunter survived it for a while.. but it still took him in the end. 8 years he fought to live.... 8 years I watched him through good(cancer free) and bad(more bad than good) and all the time he was getting treatment, he was sick, puking, could hardly get out of bed.. couldn't eat, couldn't play... for what? The end result was still the same... He suffered longer in my book. Granted, his life was prolonged.. but again.. how much "life" was there when you can't even get up! I'll enjoy what time I have, out of bed, and bottom line is, regardless, the Good Lord takes us when he's ready... man might like to think they can play God but we can't. If it's time to go... we're going.. meds or no meds. I'll go out enjoying life, not watching it from bed. I know, I'll be here only as long as I am suppose to be... cures or no cures.

Okay I really am done! Sorry folks.. I get on a rave when I think about all the injustice done to good people/children esp.

~Dusty~

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Oh Dusty, I'm so sorry for your pain. I know those choices you all made during Hunter's illness were in favor of life and there was no way you could know that the quality of that life much of the time would be so poor. We make decisions from the heart in hope of a better tomorrow and when that life is crumby because of the medical management, its so hard to justify. but I know you hold Hunter in your heart and from your experience you've been able to comfort so many others that perhaps you yourself can gain a modicum of comfort there. Thinking of you now and always-
    Ruth

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Dusty - It made me very sad to read your story. I agree with everything you said. I know it would be very hard to lose a child. I had a hard time when my two left home. I just couldn't let go. You must be a very strong person.

Ya Ya - Sorry to hear the news about your husband. We just did our Relay for Life (cancer fund raiser) here last week-end. They raise so much money each year and you do wonder where does all that money go and why have they not found a cancer cure for everyone. I know cancer has touched everyones family in some way or other. Any of us could have it right now and just not know it yet.

Shirley

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear PlantLadyJan, Happy Birthday to YOU!! & Many More, Cha Cha Cha

Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!! Gina
    P.S. Hey, I think I really did it... Got one of those blinkin' animated clips on here (kinda like Poochella's) YaaaHooo

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Yay for you Gina: a beautiful array of decorations for Jan! And Cheers and Happy Birthday to our very own Plantlady Jan! Cha Cha Cha- I second, the motion.
    Have a terrific birthday Jan and many more to come.
    Annie

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Happy birthday to you Plantlady Jan! I hope they just keep getting better and better just like you!!!

Way to go Gina, girl you got it going on. lol

Dusty, I think you're right about them finding cures for some things and not letting the public know it. I saw a special on TV once about a disease that a little boy had and the meds made him so lethargic his mom wouldn't give them to him. She started researching and found an article in a very old book that a nurse had written a diet that actually worked for the condition. She tried it and it did work! She told the doctor about it and he wasn't happy about her finding it and tried to give reasons that it wouldn't work. I also read that Naomi Judd cured her Hepatitis B with diet. You just know there has to be ways if we were only able to find them. Hopefully soon they will find a cure for cancer and many other terrible things. Until then, you all have my prayers and know that I'm thinnking of you.

Nancy

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

OOpps. Forgot to say I'm back from the tour of the western quarter of Lake Ontario. We ended up motor sailing much of the trip---no wind, except of course when we had to stay put in Toronto, while they measured and sewed the new canvas for the boat. THEN there was a steady breeze through the Western Gap that kept us cool in spite of the 90+ temps.
    All went well until our stop in Wilson NY on the way home. I lumbered off the boat looking forward to a land pit stop if you know what I mean. Well I stumbled over my own two feet and-----went down with a bang and came up scraped up, bleeding and wouldn't you know it with a broken elbow. This IS the PITS. It's broke for sure but they don't cast a 'simple' elbow fracture so its grin and bear it and do PT to make sure the joint doesn't freeze up.
    Meanwhile the garden is now a jungle and I still have stuff to put in.
    My June goodie box was here waiting for me---thanks pal for the cheer. I can't believe the stuff you manage to find. This month's had a summer theme with stuff ranging from citronella to sunburn gel to glow in the dark bug off bracelet. (Now where did you find that?). She managed to fill the box with an even dozen of summer related fun. Thanks so much it has made my day.
    Theresa, Gabbie is truly adorable. Treasure these showerless days, they will be gone soon enough.
    Pooch, even the 'minions' bring a certain joy. AND

Happy Birthday, PlantLadyJan!!!!!!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Jan
    Have a piece of cake for me!

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, Jan. I don't know how to include a great little picture for your birthday, but I sure hope it's a happy one.

Sandlapper Rose

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi everyone,

Dusty, thanks for sharing your story, I have found that it is helpful to know that you are not alone when going through tough times.

My husband really doesn't have much trouble with the treatments, his is a low grade lymphoma, and they use a relatively mild treatment, at least so far. He doesn't loose his hair, or feel sick, just tired for about 10 days after the treatment, which are scheduled 21 days apart, so he gets at least a week of feeling fine, even goes to the gym. During his 5 year remission (what they actually call a partial remission) he took no meds, and was totally healthy, vibrant and "normal" but had monthly doc appoint to check his blood. So we definitely have it pretty easy compared to many. We do eat very healthy, lots of organic, fruits and veggies, very little sugar. So don't you guys worry too much about us, we are not doing too bad.

YaYa

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am starting a continued thread now.

YaYa