SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Serious durian eater

ohiojay
13 years ago

A common theme while traveling Thailand with Warren... stopping at nearly every durian stall on the side of the road. Out ma, pa, and Warren would jump. Ma would do the negotiating while the "thumper" and cutter would try to convince Warren the fruit being thumped was the choice.

We are at a huge fruit farm having lunch and many desserts. Here's me getting ready chomp on a bit of Chanee durian.

Durian Boy living up to his budding reputation.

Krajib durian. Crazy expensive. Notice how small this one is! Normally the fruit is much bigger.

Garcinia cowa...sour fruit. Leaves are used in soups and such. We had lunch the next day and had a soup that had the leaves. Really good.

Durian is not just for eating!

This lady knew durian like no other. She cut open the fruit with bare hands. I believe ma is negotiating for a kanyeow.

You can't see it...but Warren's right foot is thumping up and down on the floor like when you scratch a dog's belly.

She was thumping the hell out of several durian, but Warren did not approve of the flesh...and passed!! I nearly fainted.

He scores!

Now here's the shot I've been looking for. If it is not apparent the boy loves durian...I don't know what is!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida