SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anne_mackey_gw

Spicy tomato seeds- how to start them properly

anne_mackey
14 years ago

Hi, I have a few seeds- 25 to be exact from a volunteer in my yard last summer. They are an oxheart type tomato. Two of the tomatoes on the plant were spicy, like peppers. So I saved the seeds hoping they might potentially grow and have more like the original. Problem is, I only have 25 seeds, I don't want to waste more than I have to. How many seeds do I need to put in each peat pellet? Or is there a better way to do it? If someone could point me in the right direction for where the best instructions are for starting tomatoes and what medium to use as well as number of seeds that would be fantastic! Thank you so much. Had planned on starting them in peat pellets, moving them up to larger peat pots with a soil mix from earl may and then hardening them off and moving them into a very sunny garden area with the soil mulched to keep in moisture and giving each plant a good hill and space around- 5 foot across likely. I am not growing a huge garden this year, I want to make sure I have time to focus on these if they do grow. If they could in fact create more of themselves that would be so wonderful, the two that we saved last year were fully ripe and burned the mouth they were so hot. We had others that were not as hot from the same plant but those two were tasty as all get out! Thank you so much everyone!

Comments (9)