SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glassmouse

UPDATE: Royal Gardener for June: Tensastottie!

glassmouse
18 years ago

Members of Birthday Robin #2: Just a reminder that it's now June, which means we kick off our Royal Gardener Round Robin this month with Tensastottie!

Also, a reminder that, according to the rules I sent out, packages MUST be sent with a delivery confirmation #, either by USPS priority mail, or FedEx. (This is for everyone's protection--including the plants'!) Remember, you'll want the same consideration when it's your month...

(If anyone needs to drop out for any reason, let me know now, before we've gotten too far into things.)

Post here with any delivery confirmation numbers, etc. And Tensastottie--let us know when packages arrive safely, and what you've received, so we can get all worked up about our own months!

Comments (42)

• skohler
    18 years ago

My box will be going out on monday
    Tens May your Birthday Month be filled
    with happyness & your garden full of Blooms .
    Best wishes your
    gardening friend
    sue

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Good Morining Everyone,
    Yes. I am very excited about this month not for the gifts but to know that I will be making a ton of new friends and have something from each of their gardens to add to mine. I love placing markers with mine so I know exactly where they came from and what they are. I have a lily that another Gwer- veeje or veeja- (geeze kick in coffee.) gave me last year and it bloomed wonderful this year SHe sent pictures with it so I wold know what it looked like and it looked Great. I just think this is a wonderful place to meet new friends and share all the wonderful garden and life experiences with. Thank you all I look forward to burying myself in the yard-Bought myself a few new plants yesterday at a nursery i got a lavender butterfly bush, some red yarrow, hot pink lantana, and my son Dalton picked out a Rubekia that has a bloom the size of a saucer,, and a couple more the names slipped my mind. Got to get out and plant them. Working on a Daylily bed to start that collection I've always wanted. Thank yall for allowing me to be part of this, especially you GlassMouse..

Jamie

• Related Discussions

What's looking good (or awful!) June 2012

Q

Comments (63)
    planted my last load of neem seeds, and a few are showing radicals :) so with any luck i'm sorted. (germ notes..) i received them from india last autumn.. some germed then but didn't survive the winter. had slow germs and issues with fungus gnats in early spring. 24 hour soak, husked them.. i like to germinate in a tupperware with a 1/2" of perlite on the bottom and a 1/4" of water, occasionally dropping some h2o2 if there's a fungus outbreak. they go in soil when they've got a nice radical.
    ...See More

Royal Flush and Luna Moth

Q

Comments (3)
    Donna, I think it will be interesting to watch the two nearby one another. Sort of seeing the tougher form, maybe a Picture of Dorian Grey.......where the painting ages, and the man stays young. Forever youthful. Thanks for your appreciation of how I say things. Words are important in our culture. They convey images as much as a JPG does, different format, fine tuned by our personal experiences with them.
    ...See More

Royal Gardener for February: Chaud111!

Q

Comments (14)
    Susie-- I sent the list out at the beginning of the robin, along with everyone's questionnaires; I also sent you another copy several months ago when you requested it again. So I'm not sure why you say that there was NO list as to who was next, as I would assume that it would be fairly easy to print out the list, or to keep a copy of it in e-mail for reference, as I have. It is also listed in the December thread, where I posted it at your request; I've also always started a thread with the correspondent Royal Gardener's name prominently listed at the beginning of each month. So in all honesty, I don't feel I've been remiss in the slightest as far as keeping members apprised of which Royal Gardener goes with which month. Feel free to send a box whenever you would like--I'm certain Paul will enjoy receiving a box in April, as well. Also, as we agreed at the start of the robin, sending packages should be reciprocal, so anyone who received from ggsnail(July and August, according to my records) should send her a box in return. I have e-mailed her several times to ask if she's still in the robin, but have not ever heard back; hence my decision to move Paul up to March. Paul: Here's the list of everyone who signed up and current status: May: s_whiting--never returned the questionnaire and dropped out immediately June: tensastottie; dropped out in July July: skohler; very active in the robin and has participated every month Aug: jcpyburn; I have e-mailed her to ask if she's still in the robin, but have not heard back; she last posted in the Dec. thread Sept: GlassMouse; horrible with deadlines and always late, but still very much in the robin Oct: hummingbirddaisy; she's e-mailed me that she's still in the robin, but I'm unsure of her current status Nov: femilr; was unsure if she should remain in the robin due to some harsh criticism she received from a fellow player re: the boxes she sent; withdrew in January Dec: this was the voluntary Christmas exchange; Paul and Sue swapped; hummingbirddaisy and jcpyburn swapped, although there was no post to say if Tina received her package Jan: Daylilymom; active participant every month; sent me an e-mail that she wanted to withdraw due to the poor response she got during her month; not sure if she's still participating or not Feb: chaud111; very active in the robin and has participated every month Mar (originally): ggsnail; participated in June/July/Aug; haven't heard from her since Nov. despite several e-mails, so I'm assuming she's dropped out Apr/Mar: pchanggeo; very active in the robin and has participated every month--has agreed to move to March in place of ggsnail So, as of right now, based on past performance and the last couple of months, it looks like it's down to Susie, Paul, Chau, and me.
    ...See More

UPDATE: june fotess snip & share swap (part 2)

Q

Comments (77)
    Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I typed a long message and lost it because AOL kicks me off midstream so I gave up for awhile. Anyway, so glad you got your package and like it , Annie. The little gift inside is a belated birthday gift. I know I don't normally send one, but it was so close to your birthday. I have been so bad about not posting them as they come along. You will be getting a prize packet, too. All the prize packets are on their way and should arrive on Saturday. Everyone has recieved their swap package now, so the June swap is drawing to a close. Thanks for participating and posting to keep things interesting. Happy 4th of July to everyone. Yes, Annie, that package went much cheaper as a priority rather than a priority flat rate. So many rules with post office packages. It was good news to me and I'm so glad the package actually made it in time. Jeanne
    ...See More
  • skohler
    18 years ago

Hi glass & ten 's
    Just a note to let you know that I'm going to be
    laid up for a few days , but my sister is here with
    me to help out .
    She has agreed to dig up your plants for me to get
    them in the mail on monday .
    will let you know conf # when they are on the way :))

happy gardening
    sue

• skohler
    18 years ago

Just wanted to give you the conf # 0304 1560 0005 8053 6408 , should be there weds , happy gardening .

sue
    P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Sue,
    Thank you so much ahead of time and I'm sure I'll be giving you more thanks after the pkg arrives. I went today to a local daylily farmer ok not a big big farm just 1/2 acre or less but i will be going back at 8 in the morning to dig up what i picked out as my birthday from Dalton. Can't wait. Hoed and mulched all day today. I'll let everyone know when it arrives.
    Jamie

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Could you please resend me the info for the RR...we got a virus that wiped out everything on our pc, and I lost all of the info for my RR :-(
    Sorry for the inconvenience

I do appreciate it very much!

Thanks Tina

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Sue,
    Oh my gosh You really did yourself in. I got home and the box was waiting on my porch and boy what a box it was huge. Here is what i found in it (boy i hope i can remember all of it!) A garden notebook with flowers on it and even personalized with the saying-Jamie's Garden Friends! 2 photo albums one small enough to fit in my purse and another that ties together with a pretty ribbon, A mother magnet with a beautiful saying, Lg pink glass with lid and top (Dalton wanted to use it as soon as he saw it so iwashed it up and put juice in it for him), Dalton recieved a watering can and a coloring book about noahs ark. He loved them and has already water some flowers with the watercan. And that's not all here is the plants she sent which i love them all- Yellow and Orange Columbine (how did you know i wanted to try those?), Joe py weed, horseradish (something new to go in my herb garden i am starting.), pink bee balm, hosta- sun and substance, black bamboo ( never heard of it but i am excitied to try it), shasta daisy and Coreopis. Wow i have alot of planting this evening not to mention the Daylilies i bought yesterday and soem bedding plants from the nursery. Sue Thank YOu, Thank you, Thank you so very much i am placing markers with the plants and putting your name on them. You really made my day and Dalton's as well thank you for including him as well.
    Jamie

• skohler
    18 years ago

Jamie your welcome I hope that the plants arrived safly
    for it has been very hot up this way .
    I don't have many daylilies the ones I do have are
    not named most of they are ditch lilies . so I tried
    to find others that I had lots to share :))

so next month anyone haven extra daylilies or
    colors of irises other than light purple , or even
    any small red maple tree's flowering almond ,or
    tulip tree ,I need some shade :))))

please no sedums :))

jamie I forgot to add my birthday to the book I sent and list the items that was sent , that is what the book is for , to keep track of your robins & other trade you will be doing. I hope you enjoy it for I really enjoy mine,
    well happy gardening
    sue

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

happy birthday...its almost over but I think I got it in in time!

• Sean_Whiting
    18 years ago

Hey, Sue!
    If you want you can send some of your Dragon's Blood sedums my way. I'd love to have some.

Sean

• skohler
    18 years ago

just send me your addy & postage you can all you send postage for :)))

sue

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Tensas sent mine out fri Happy Birthday hope you like all the stuff i sent happy planting and i just love to be in this swap to make new garden friends and be able to see diff plants grow. have a good day. daylilymom.

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Thanks Daylilymom- i got my pkg today it was wonderful thank you so much here is what the box had in it:
    Rusty dark red daylily with blooms, pink daylily fans, varigated monkey grass, red glads, and strats of yellow, white, and pink mums. i hope all does well after planting this evening. all my plants that sue sent are doing great. Oh sue do i need to have the bamboo near water? just wondering? Thank you all again. My birthday was great. I got soem more money from a few family members and off to the daylily farm i go this week some time. Hope everyone has a great week..
    Jamie

• chaud111
    18 years ago

Jamie,
    Mine was sent on Saturday. Here's a confirmation #
    0304 3490 0001 0178 6417

Hope the plants will arrive in good condition. Happy Birthday. Chau

• gardeningnutinva
    18 years ago

Hi everyone

I am back. I have been away for 2 weeks now. My father had a heart attack the end of May and I went to stay with my mom. We took turns staying with him he finally got to come home over the weekend so I got to come home too! Thank goodness!! There's no place like home! I will start working on my package this week and mail it next week. I hope this is okay. If not let me know and I will try to mail it sooner! Talk to you all later!

Sheena

• skohler
    18 years ago

ten it dose not need to be by the water mine is out in the middle of the yard full sun :)) gets up to about 8ft high most the time .
    hope you enjoy as I do :))

sue

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I recieved yet another great gift today. This time it was from Chaud111. I got a start of white calla lily, white hawian ginger (been eyeing that stuff for awhile ne tips on it?), one red and one yellow daylily, yellow cannas, and 2 gourds very small and dried for Dalton and i to make crafts out of. They are so small and cute. I hope i remebered everything trying to go through it all in my head. Thank you so much i have to plant them now- oh yeah and a fern do you know the name or what kind it is? Thanks again

jamie

• chaud111
    18 years ago

Hi Jamie,
    I'm glad you like the package. The calla lily likes shade and water. White Hawaiian ginger is a tropical plant. Sorry I don't the the name of the fern.
    Please post pictures of what you and Dalton will make from the grourds. Chau

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hello.
    Is anyone having problems with the address? I'm using usps.com and I keep getting an error message saying the delivery address is invalid.
    Jamie, please check your email and verify that I have the correct address for you. Thanks, Paul

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Well... still doesn't work with usps.com but I went to the post office and mailed it in person. Delivery conf. 03043490000071198272.

I hope you and Dalton enjoy the package. Happy birthday.
    Paul

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Oh goody Guess what I had waiting on my this morning when i got home from my trip 2 wonderful boxes the first on was from Fern and this is what it included:
    HUmmingbird small dish
    Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook (Can't wait to use it)
    And Sent Dalton some seeds- Hollyhock,strawflower,cleome, and statice(gotto admit i will be stealing a few for my bed as well. Thank you so much we loved our box.
    the second box was from Pchanggeo here is a list of its contents and boy what a heavy box it was:
    First DAlton recieved a Busy Bug pop up book(which he loves books and really loved the pop ups)and then a 700 pc circus sticker book (Heloves sticking them everywhere) and then I recieved a Card made by Paul himself-Paul you do wonderful i loved the painting of the hummingbird. Then i got a garden book :Gardening a commonsense guide(can't wait to sit down tonight and look at it along with the cookbook)then a little boy fairy journal and matching magnetic notepad(they are so darling), and if that wasn't enough already he enclosed white calla lilies and a Bird of paradise plant(which i am very anxious about fo ri've only read about them. Paul how do you grow yours?-Don't want to mess this on up) Yall really made my day today and I want to thnak yall so much for Dalton and I both. This has truly been a great month so far. Besides not being able to stay out in the heat for very long or stand up for long periods i'll have to get pics of things in the yard to share with everyone. Got another busy week with Ob appt wed. Just about 2 weeks left and i am very tired for no unkonown reason lol! I feel like one of my melons are growing in me and not stoppping. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
    Jamie and Dalton

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Glad to hear the box got to you okay. I don't know what the problem is with USPS.com

Anyway, bird of paradise is actually pretty easy. It prefers full sun and warm temperatures. It should be okay to leave out in zone 8 if planted in the ground. Bring it inside if you're putting it in a pot when daytime temps drop below 55-60.

Good luck. Glad Dalton likes the book and stickers... what little kid doesn't like to put stickers on everything... you should see our kitchen floor, LOL.

Paul

• skohler
    18 years ago

gee june is almost over & only 2-3 boxes reported
    whats going on out there :)))??? Ten have you been to busy planting ?
    hope you hd a great birthday
    sue

• glassmouse
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sue--
    I was wondering the same thing. Just a reminder to everyone who hasn't sent out the June Royal Gardener package yet (and that includes me!)--we're getting short on time, and Jamie will be giving birth soon and unable to get to the post office, I'm guessing. So be sure that, if you haven't sent out your package yet, that you do so before the end of the month. (Since we don't want to have to kick anyone out of the robin for non-mailing!) :)

And Jamie--if you could let us know for sure who you're received from already, then everyone who has sent a package will know that it's arrived. I'm mostly confused by the mention of "Fern"--is that someone in this particular robin? I don't recognize the name (althouth it's possible I wrote something down wrong, of course). Or did a name from another robin get onto this thead accidentally?

In any case, I'll send your package out this week, I promise. (I'm always among the last--horrible with deadlines!) On of my gerbils is having surgery today, so I've been a little preoccupied with her, but I promise I won't forget to get it to you before the end of the month.

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I have been very busy planting but i have only recieved the above mentioned boxes that i have posted. Here are the names of who i have recieved from:
    skholer
    chaud111
    pchanggeo
    Fern or Fem-Connie Miller

Those are the only ones because I have been writing them down in my book from sue as i recieve them. Went to Dr today and looks like we are still shooting for the 5th or 6th as a csection date. She says i have already began dilating which means it could be sooner. Thanks to everyone who has sent to me so far I have really enjoyed it and whew alot of time planting but everything is in the ground or pots and doing great..I recieved a small rooted piece of pink columbine in a trade and placed it in the bed with my yellow one from sue but it don't look as happy as sues does maybe it will after a little time. I think i really want to try those in every color. Been collecting named dayliles and planting them. have 8 more to plant tonight i bought from a local grower. Well talk to everyone when i recieve the next pkg.
    JAmie

• ggsnail
    18 years ago

Jamie,

I haven't forgotten you. I am working on your box and will get it out to you tomorrow. Hang in there!

How much longer until you can't plant anything? When's the due date?

Gail

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

I will be sending my package within the next couple of days! I have been so busy with everything and I must admit that I too am a little bit of a procrastinator!! :) But I am sending out next months package at the first of the month and hopefully all the rest near the first of each month too!! LOL! My three kids that are home from school have been keeping me very occupied!!

Carly

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hey everyone.
    I forgot to mention above that i have recieved from daylilymom also and today i recieved a box from hummingbirddaisy (tina)she sent a box of goodies since she figured i was getting close to time to pop. Which is July 5th just 13 days. Here is what the box had in it:
    bonanza daylily
    laver daylily
    yellow canna
    candy lily seeds
    blue terry cloth slippers
    echinacea tea
    mini shepherds hook sign in the shape of a watering can (going in my daylily bed)
    She sent Dalton a Disney book Prince and the Pauper ( which he loved.)
    a pkg of nastrium seeds and cracckerjack marigolds
    She sent Eli a pkg of white socks(they are darling)and a hairbrush and comb set.
    Thank you so much Tina we loved it all and thanks for the nice note. I wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss of your mother and you are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do let me know. God Bless!

GAIL,
    Hi my due date is July 5th which I will go in for a csection that morning. I plan on planting up til that day. I need to get my grandmother to take a pic of me in the yard all blowed up I guess. I will hav eto stay in the hosp for 4 days but if anything arrives my grandmother lives in the same yard as me so she is going to take care of things for me. I have recently caught the daylily bug and have purchased i know atleast 30 different ones. I guess that is going to be my new goal to collect as many named ones as i can. I love them all. I also have a few unnamed ones because i couldn't resist their colors. I love them and iris and the goodthing is they both come back. Well I guess i will let everyone go have a great day.
    Jamie

• glassmouse
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tensastottie--
    I mailed out your package today, priority mail. Delivery Confirmation # is: 0304 1560 0002 3757 3589. Sorry for waiting 'till the very last possible minute. Oh well, at least this way, you'll get something right on the way into the hospital!

Also, a reminder to anyone who is running even later than I am--June is rapidly running out, so if you haven't mailed your June package out yet, you need to do that as soon as possible!

Sue, I also mailed yours out at the same time, figuring that if I was going to mail at the last possible minute for one, I could at least try to be early on the next one. I'll start a new "July Royal Gardener" thread for you.

To both Jamie and Sue--I hope everything makes it there all right, and I apologize in advance if things look a little crispy when they get there. One reason I've been waiting is to see if I could avoid mailing in such extreme heat, but alas, our midwestern heat wave has no end in sight, and it hasn't rained in forever--we're really having drought conditions in Illinois this year. I've been watering like mad, but everything in my garden is looking a little wilty and brown at the edges right now, no matter what I do. So I apologize if the plants look less than great when they get there. Hopefully the roots will be viable, though (I tried to pack them very carefully), and if nothing else, the plants will probably be glad to be out of my garden and into one more hospitable!

Enjoy the countdown to baby, tensastottie! Oh, and one last caveat: I know less about kids than any human being on earth, so double-check that anything I sent for the kids is appropriate and/or safe. I thought I remembered that Dalton just turned 3, and everything comes with those "not safe for under 3" stickers so presumably it's safe for over 3--but as I said, no one is more clueless about the furless kids than me, so double-check that I didn't send something that will put an eye out or anything. (I know you'd obviously check before giving anything to your child to play with, of course--I'm just a worrier. Probably why I don't have kids myself--I'd never sleep again! As it is, I often get up several times in the middle of the night just to be sure the rodents are still breathing.)

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

GlassMouse,
    Hi and Thank you so much in advance. I will be looking forward to it tom or the next day. Went to the Dr. today and next thur 7th at 12:00 I will be having baby #2 Eli Alexander. They say he is about 9 or 10 lbs now. Not a surprise with Dalton weighing 9lbs and 5 oz and 21.5 inches. Hopeing for something smaller this time but i will be satisfied as long as He is a healthy baby. I recieved a wonderful box today in a trade from Joey pack full of 10 different daylilies and 7 different iris and a lily and an upright elephant ear so today, tom and the rest of the 7 days i'll be planting and cleaning getting ready for the big arrival. gotta go get some Diapers. Been trying to hold off and just saving money for them to see what size i need because Dalton couldn't wear newborn he went straight into 1's. I check everything that he plays with but then again he thinks he is older than 3 and some of his toys are for kids 7 and up. He has 2 powerwheels ride ons a john deere Gator and a harley motorcyle both say 5 and up but he has had the motorcyle since 1 yr. They grow up fast. He is already mastering the bike thing. I barely sleep at night because i wake up checking on him even thought he is right beside me i still wake up always have. I love children but i think I'm gonna take a break til I find the right person to settle down with before any more. The first husband didn't work but 5 years so i will wait and look harder for the next and this one has to love the yard and outdoors and fanily. I think i do a great job as a single mom of one hope I can with 2. Well thank you all who Have sent me boxes and so far everything is doing great- that is nothing is completly dead yet. but the heat is till to come but i water everynight. SUe your box will be out next week. Have a great week everyone.
    Jamie

• skohler
    18 years ago

thank you jamie & congrats on the baby for july 7th better get rested up sounds as your going to have your hands full :))

don't worry about my box till you are rested you can send later in the month if needed I will understand .

also I just want to say that when gardeners sign up for these robins they should write them down to keep track of all they sign onto.
    and if they find that they cannot send their boxes out for any reason then they should let the hostess know .
    it is only fair to the other players.
    so I hope those of you who are new to the robins will
    keep your hostess informed as to weather or not your able to send your birthday box out.

also do to the 4th & many might be on vacation after the 9th is fine but let the hostess know if your still in the robin .
    happy gardening
    sue

• ggsnail
    18 years ago

Jamie,

A box went out to you from me yesterday, Cajun Mamma. Sorry for the delay. Confirmation # 0304 3490 0001 0312 8895.

I hope you enjoy it.

Oh, I never did tell you but I was your secret pal for the Memorial Day swap.

Take care of yourself and Dalton and Eli!

Gail

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Well Glassmouse your okg arrived safe and sound today and they plant slook great hope they continue to look that good after they get planted in my heat. Here is the contents of the box and what a great box it was:
    Blue and White iris
    Money plant
    Sweet Shalimar Daylily
    Green stained glass Picture frame(Going staright to bathroom with a pic of dalton in the flowers in it)
    bar of Herbal hand soap for overworked moms(Love the smell)
    Design you rown bandaids(never seen them before Dalton loves them too) Spray on sunblock for kids
    Little noses saftey pops for sore throats(those will come in handy)
    Dalotn got a bag of goodies also and her eis what he got:
    Safari finger puppets(He loved them along with his papa)
    Design your own Mug
    Dinosaur stencils
    And Eli recieved a cute lime green reiceving blanket with a bee on it.
    Thank you so much you are a great host and I hope it don't stay to dry and hot where you are.
    Gail,
    Well thank you for 2 reasons the pkg that is on the way and for the pkg you sent us for the memorial day swap- we loved all the goodies and the plants are doing great. Thank you both so much and I look forward to yalls months so i can pick something special out. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July! Sue Best wishes for July...
    Jamie

• glassmouse
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi, Tensastottie--
    Glad everything got there OK. My husband's from Slidell, LA, and we've spent a fair amount of time there, so I can imagine how hot it is to be planting things in LA in the summer!

Two things that I wanted to explain a little bit--One is the money plant. Even though the tag says that it's an annual, it's actually more like a biennial. It always reseeds itself in my garden, but it doesn't go crazy--the seeds fall right from the little pods instead of blowing all over, so you don't have to pull it out from all over your garden. (Or at least I haven't had to.) It's my husband's favorite plant.

The band-aids seem a little weird, I know, but they reminded me of the bond I had with my mother when I was little. When we were growing up, whenever my sister or I got a cut or skinned a knee, my mom would put a little circle of iodine on it (we called it "red medicine"), and she'd always draw on little bunny ears for my sister and little moose antlers for me. I still treasure the memory of those little ears and antlers drawn on in red medicine, so when I saw those band-aids I had to get them for _someone_ with kids since I don't have any of my own. :)

• skohler
    18 years ago

thank you ten I also recieved a box from glass mouse today witch I posted on the july forum .
    we will all be thinking of you on the 7th . get your rest .
    your gardening friend
    sue

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

I also forgot to mention that glass mouse sent rain lilies to me which i can't wait to try. Also when i was showing my grandmother that lives next door everything i found the cutest stained glass heart with a little fairy dangling from the center-it is so cute. i attached some string and hung it in my window above the computer. Did You make that Glassmouse? My grandmother loved it also got everything but the money plant in the ground this evening before the skeeters ran me out and i forgot the back door cracked so we are battling them in here also. Thanks alot everyone. Off to clean alittle and get my resst for the night. Have to make one long bed tom for some iris i recieved in a trade.
    JAmie

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Today is Saturday and I didn't get a chance to get on and post what a great box i got ggsnail yesterday here are the contents if i can remember all i planted everything yesterday as soon as it arrived along with other stuff:
    Glass Humming bird windchime(hanging in opposite window from the Heart 4rm Glassmouse)
    Silver Baby frame(Can't wait to add pic to it of Eli)
    2 Shrimp plants
    yellow lantana(i put it in a pot)
    Texas gold columbine(place in my window sil here at computer til it grows)
    Pardon me daylily(went right beside the yellow gold daylily u sent in the memorial day swap)
    I loved it and Daltn really likes the windchime so we put it here so we both could look at it and the morning sun coming in from the east makes a beautiful design on my floor from it. Well today is the 2nd just 5 more days-i'm getting a little nervous. CLeaning today washing clothes and mopping and dusting. Can't seem to get everything clean or bleached enough. Ok here is a list of the ppl who sent to me this month and the ones i'll be sending to in there months but whatr are we going to do about the others?

skohler
    chaud11
    pchanggeo
    femilr
    hummingbirddaisy
    daylilymom
    Glassmouse
    ggsnail

Have we made a decision on December yet? I know I am getting way ahead of myself but trying to stay organized in my little notebook. I hope Evryone has a safe 4th. Happy JUly everyone..
    Jamie

Oh and thank you all for making my month grand....Yall are great friends to have.. Maybe we could send in a pic of us and a fav recipe or garden tips and make a little book for everyone so we can remember everyone and that kind of stuff ok that is enough from my mouth time to use the energy for cleaning. Oh before i go i saw 2 hummingbirds this morning on the white rose of sharon bushes i was so excited to see they are back they have been dgone for a month since it is so ho tand humid or they could of been just nesting who knows but i'm glad my little humming jewels are back and all 9 feeders are out and ready for them.
    Jamie

• glassmouse
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tensastottie--
    Thanks for the list. Probably the best thing to do is to give it another week or so, and then anyone who hasn't sent will need to be dropped from the exchange. I hate to do that, but it's only the first month, so if there are already problems with mailing...

Votes were about split between "rest during December" and "special Christmas robin," so probably what I will do is match up those who voted for a Christmas exchange with each other, and the others will have a month off. Sort of a robin-within-a-robin, if that makes sense. I'll try to get the word out on that in the next day or so--

• skohler
    18 years ago

haven a xmas box is ok with me :))) & as far as the ones who sign up & can't send a box one month well they just won't get a box , but I feel as if they should let the hostess know , but many get wrapped up in other things & forget that they have signed up & need a reminder.

so give them time :)) I've been trying to get my
    flowerbeds worked up & ready for all the new plants :))
    happy gardening my friends

sue

• daylilymom
    18 years ago

Christmas box is fine with me I agree with sue those who cant send a box just wont get a box.Ive been cleaning beds out and mowing yards and putting up corn,and squash.planting daylilies like tens,ive bought over 20 kind and they are all so pretty.Have 2 more beds to weed out and going to put all my seeds i get fron this exchange in it and call it tens seed exchange bed.Hope all is well hot here and good luck Jamie on thurs all my prayers are with you and i love all those daylilies pic.Goodluck. Daylilymom.

• skohler
    18 years ago

ten best wishes for thursday all your gardening friends will be thinking of you & the baby :))
    get your rest :))

sue

• tensastottie
    18 years ago

Thnak you all and I will be sure to post as soon as I get around to it next week. Tom is the big day and I am really really nervous. WOn't be able to sleep tonight. I have a dr. appt today so I will let yall go and enjoy the nice weather and plant a few plants for me..
    JAmie