SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

mangosteen has hit NY's china town

lycheeluva
13 years ago

mangosteen has hit chinatown (Canal street) again and are selling for $8 a pound. unlike lychees, where the price tends to fluctuate over the season, mangosteen usually holds steady at $8 a pound. last year the mangosteen were sold in a yellow net bag and were a little hit/miss- about a third of the mangosteens were bad. this year, those mangosteen are available again, but they are also selling mangosteen in a white netting bag imported into the us from thailand by a company called farmony (see link below). these mangosteen are awesome. really soft shells, easy to open and 100% of the fruit are delicious. at $8 a pound, that works out at about $1 a fruit. i went to the website and emailed the importer to see if i can get the contact info for the NY idstributor so i can try and buy these wholesale.

also available in chinatown today were lychees from thailand. at $6 a pound. not bad but pretty far off florida's mauritius lychees.

also available was jackfruit at $4a pound. i cant eat much of the fruit before getting sick of it but pretty good for an occasional treat.

Here is a link that might be useful: mangosteen importer's website

Comments (5)