SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

new: christmas in july buddy swap

earthlydelights
18 years ago

ONLY 188 days until Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are a lot of swaps happening, but I thought I would try hosting my very first swap. I have so much fun and great success with those I have been involved in as a participant that I thought Id give hosting a go if there is enough interest.

If interested, please acknowledge on this thread as well as sending me an e-mail with your garden web name, your given name and complete address. Once I have an even number of active, willing to commit, and responsible players, IÂll pair everyone off. IÂm hoping for at least 20 participants (actually 19, since I want to play). Cut off will be June 30th, which will give me the long weekend to pair up partners.

Rules are simpleÂThis is a ONE TIME Christmas themed swap. IÂm thinking anything in the red, white and green family of plants, bulbs or viable seeds (which if not commercially packed, should be current and clearly marked with all pertinent information applicable to their growth). You can also include any garden related items (plant markers, gloves, garden knick-knacks and of course, since this is a Christmas in July swap, a Christmas item(s) MUST be included  IÂll leave that to your imagination . All packages should be ready to ship by the 15th of July and it is up to you if you use priority shipping, but you MUST use confirmation tracking. ItÂs only an additional forty-five cents if you mail at the post office. If you print it on line when using priority mailing, itÂs FREE. Also, you must post when you ship and especially when you receive and share with each of us the goodies "Santa" sent you.

Anyone care to join?

Comments (65)

• nitenut
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'd love to join. Never can resist Christmas!

• skohler
    18 years ago

I'd like some red flowers of any type for zone 5 the only red i have is red salvia & red poppy,
    so any of these will be nice.

white royal star magnolia seedlings please no cutting's
    red maple climbing red rose rooted please
    red or white butterfly bush
    red prairie mallow
    coreopsis sweet dreams
    japanese silver grass with red plumes :)))
    red or white cannas
    red daylily
    love wind chimbs , plant markers , hummingbirds ,
    T- shirts lg if anyone can put a african grey bird picture :)) or a white cockatoo :)) or cockatiels :))
    my colors are pastel greens or blues :)))

well guess this should give my santa something to work with :)))
    hope to find out my good little girl or boy so I can finish off my xmas box :))

sue

• Related Discussions

new: obf: july 'beat the heat' swap

Q

Comments (134)
    hi everyone. lots to catch up on. hope EVERYONE is well, prayers and happy thoughts to all that need them. melissa, just love that lili pic. i remember the first time my son fed himself spaghetti. head to toe and everything in between. carol, in such a short period of time, your yard is amazing. dottie, this weather is nuts, isn't it. i appreciate the rain, less to water, especially since i never hooked up the drip system (again) this year. i still don't have a red tomato, but i certainly have some wonderful weeds. i'm not losing sleep over anything in the back yard beds this year, i have all intentions of revamping absolutely everything and building a few raised beds and walls come autumn. my hydrangeas this year have been the most spectacular show stoppers in my beds. each one is prettier than the next and so many different colors. i hope to dry some blooms this year and keep them at least until christmas that i can put them in a tree. a friend of mine did that one year and it was such a wonderful tree. just hydrangea and vertical ribbons - simple and gorgeous. my g-babe turned 3 last friday and we floated around to various spca's and finally, she found her dog who she named "lisa". it's a cute little thing - a wire haired dachsund. i am thinking it might be a little mix in it, but she's so cute and rather intelligent. a real cuddle bug too. my g-babe is learning to walk her and pick up after her on our walks as well. hot and sticky today - i relented and turned on the air. i've had it on in the car for about a month already this month's swap boxes are just great so far. hope to read about august soon. time to catch up on all the OBF activities. be well everyone, happy blooms maryanne
    ...See More

UPDATE: earthly's christmas in july buddy swap

Q

Comments (100)
    thanks for the update carol. i'll keep my fingers crossed that it's soon. no shaking....they'll come when they are ready. afterall, there's several of them in there that have to be ready. i sometimes think i would like to move too, but i think it would take several months just to pack all the plants i would want to take with me. our weather today was still hard to take. the weeds are getting away from me. and i finally have some color on my tomatoes. been picking beans like crazy. the broccoli is really growing in a strange way. peppers are in abundance, picked several varieties of squash and corn should be ready real soon. i have a lot of work to do in my flower beds, i'm itchy to transplant things, but this isn't the time, also, this certainly isn't the weather for it.
    ...See More

NEW: Christmas Board-Buddies Exchange

Q

Comments (40)
    Good morning ladies ~ I received my box from Dee this morning. This is probably the neatest box I have ever received. It truly touched my heart. There was a present in there for everyone! Rick received a suet cake and feeder. Each of my kiddos received a bundle of pencils and a candy cane. They also received the game Conga! They love it and just got done playing it! I received 2 ornaments that are old world style. Old world jingle bells, and a sachet in an old world motif. All of which are now hanging on our tree. Also, my favorite bath products! Lavender shower gel and bath salts. Holiday coaster mini frames and a rooster! The homemade cookies are awesome! Everything was wrapped to beautifully. The time and care you took really shows in this wonderful package Dee. We love everything. This is the first time I have ever received a box that had something for everyone in it. That is too awesome! I feel like such a putz. The box I ssent you isn't half as nice as this one. I was in a rush, and I shouldn't have been. I should have taken the time to wrap everything because you deserve that and so much more. You are such a special person. I do hope that you enjoy the contents in the box. The DC# is 0306 0320 0000 8715 6425 Merry Christmas, Tina
    ...See More

Christmas/Winter in July swap?????

Q

Comments (13)
    Please be patient with me I haven't done a swap before. My idea is to make this swap simple and not very time consuming so that busy people and people involved in other swap can easily join in the fun. I want to keep this simple so that all skill levels can participate 1) The swap will be a handmade item such as a potholder, small tote, pincushion etc. . . 2) Everyone gets to decide if they want a Christmas theme or a Winter theme and post it on this thread. THIS PART HAS CHANGED 3) The quilter has the choice as to color, block design and what is made with the block >>>>>>>The question was posted asking if another block could be used. It would keep it >>>>>>>simipler/easier if quilters get to make a block they are comfortable with. >>>>>>>The Snow Churn and Snow Ball blocks will be only a suggestion 4) Juvenile prints are ok 5) You can add something small to your package if you want but don't spend more than $10 6) I will mix up the names and e-mail you your surprise swap partner between April 1st and April 5th 7) Packages need to be sent to your swap partner so that they arrive no later than July 15th. 8) I will start a new thread for you to post that you have mailed your surprise package (donÂt say to whom), 9) Post when you have received your surprise package (it's ok at that point to reveal who sent you your surprise) 10)Post your pictures on this thread too. DonÂt forget the pictures. We all love to see pictures. 11)To sign up, post here and please e-mail me via the forum with your name, address, e-mail and forum name. 12)I'll send a confirming e-mail to you directly so you have my direct e-mail. The last day to sign up will be April 1st Did I mention to KEEP IT SIMPLE? Suellen
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

we're at 9...need one more
    doesn't anyone have any friends LOL
    i know i said i would keep this open until the 30th, but one more tonight or tomorrow would be most excellent.

• nitelite
    18 years ago

just sent EarthlyDelights an email, I'd love to join!!!

Carrie Ann

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

excellent - thanks for joining carrie.
    that makes 10 of us so we are even to play
    now if anyone else wishes to sign up we have a few mores days left.
    in case you are all not coming back here and reading, i'll send a bulk e-mail over the weekend.
    if you haven't already done so, get me a little dream list together of wants and likes and what you collect.
    REMEMBER, the "gift" included MUST BE SOMETHING CHRISTMAS as a part of the exchange. also, we'll keep in the green, red and white line of flowers, seeds or bulbs.
    LET's HAVE FUN and make my first swap an enjoyable one :)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I forgot to add, I love t-shirts xlarge, cute sayings and wolves.remember I am in my 50's so some sayings just won't work, I'm hot at my age means I'm in menopause. not something to advertise.I love wolf stickers, statues,magnets,posters,books, anything wolf. for christmas I collect bear ornaments, any kind, cute homemade are special.don't need razors or shaving cream have plenty.love lillies,I love everything, so anything is great.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Earthly, may I join you? You have some people on here that I would enjoy having an excuse to send a box to. I do try to send good surprise boxes.

I know at this point it would make the numbers odd, but there are many of us here who are odd, and unless we are sending to the same person we are receiving from, even #'s won't matter.

If you let me join, tell me whether you already have my name and address stuff on hand.

Hey, Carol, I'm in that same age bracket and I'm hot, too. But that's because I live in the steam pit part of SC. That other stuff is behind me already, or I'd probably have more than 8 kids. Was in my 40's when I had the last 3.

Don't need any razors here, either. One company keeps sending them to the kids as advertisement through the mail. Wonder how they got on that list.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

mud mom,

welcome, glad to have you....odd or not!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Hello, You can add my name to the list of hot ones and someone who does NOT a need razor or accompanying equipment, either. I collect angels and candle snuffers. A few plant suggestions might be hostas, lilies, hardy hibiscus, or roses. But that is only a wish list. I would actually love ANYthing you sent me. This is really my first year of actually planting perennials and annuals so even if you sent something that I already have that is okay. I probably only have 1 of it anyway. I think the group of people we have here is GREAT!!! Mellen

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

by now, i have sent an e-mail to all the players. i had a problem with the first mailing, so if you got a duplicate, i apologize.

once i hear back from you all, i'll be set to pair us up.

looking forward to this, as i hope you all are.

• skohler
    18 years ago

I havent gotten anything from you :(((
    can you try agin ??
    have you my info ??

can hardly wait to see who i'll be sending to
    sue

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Good afternoon all. I was directed to come here and present my wish list (thank you Miss Earthly).

First, before I say anything else, I would like everyone to know just how very specail a gal we have in this swap. I will try not to type a book (if you ask her, she will tell you I am long winded natually, smiles).

A couple of months ago, a very dear GW friend of mine lost her husband. I thought it would be a nice gesture of friendship and love to send her a gift from a few of us gal's here at GW.A fellow GW member contacted me, and told me she only lived just 15 or so minutes from me, and would like to drop off a few gifts. Well of course, I was so excited, yelling "honey, honey, guess what.......". Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Mellen. Right from the moment we met, I thought to myself, what a beautiful, beautiful person. She stole a peice of my heart right then and there.
    As most of you know, I have just recently lost my best friend, my mom. The last several months have been very difficult, and the last couple of weeks have just been very hard. Monday, we said our final good-byes to mom. I walked outside as we were getting ready to go to the cemetary, and someone came from behind me, and just hugged me. I felt a bit of peace as soon as she touched me. It was Mary Ellen. She held me tight, and talked very softly to me. I can't tell you all just how wonderful this woman is. I really can't. You just have to imagine the most comforting sound and feeling possible, and then picture her. Although, I have known her for a short time, I love her dearly....I really, really do. She is beautiful in every way possible.
    Thank you, Mary Ellen, for being that light for me, behind all that darkness. God has blessed me with your special friendship.

I hope that it is ok that I share this.....? I just wanted everyone to know just how special you are to me, and I am most definately sure to many, many others.

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Ok, now for that wish list.......

I always feel a bit weird posting things like this, because I will always be happy with what ever my pal chooses to send. So, I will make it a short list.

I love variegated plants (especially when it has a hint of pink mixed in)
    House plants or tropicals
    thick, rigged leaved, dark colored or blue hostas
    bromeliads (I know, but I can dream, smiles)
    Pink hardy hibiscus
    variegated iris

I collect roosters, so anything with roosters would be awesome.
    Shirt size is medium. I am not into those "I'm Hot" sayings either, smiles.
    Gardening magazines that you are done with would be great.
    I am not picky, there are alot of great things at the Dallor store.....smiles.

Have a safe, and enjoyable holiday weekend.

God Bless, Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

My mom LOVED the rose of Sharon that has lavender colored blooms on them. I would love to have one for her and my dad's memorial garden.

Thanks so much.
    Blessings, Tina

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

wow tina, what precious words about mellen. brought tears to my eyes. and thank you for sharing such heartfelt feelings. i was of the opinion she is special...you just really confirmed it.

so now we all know, not only is she hairy, but has a heart of pure platinium! (sorry, i had to get the hairy in there somewhere before carol chimed in :)

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

UPDATE

i haven't heard back from dee9959, mudmom or da wiff.
    i know dawiff is travelling to england and will be back after the 4th. mudmom gets very sparse time on the computer and dee, i don't know at all. so although we are trying to get this set in stone by the weekend, i hope i'll hear from dee at least to confirm that she still wants to be an active participant. i will have you all partnered up no later than tuesday, since we are in a holiday weekend.

ALSO I ONLY GOT one response...you want me to keep pals a secret, or post them? let me know what you think and majority will rule that decision.

again, thanks for playing. i'll start a new thread once all the names have been exchanged.

have a wonderful holiday weekend

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

MudMom is here! Notice the time of day that I finally get to sit down and type. That will be ending soon because part of the family returned in the middle of last night (dd, her hubb & my grandbaby) and the rest of them will be returning any day now. Wah! Then I'll be back to grabbing a few minutes online here and there during the day when my 15yo isn't in her room.

Hummingbird, I read that heartfelt post, and now there's another person (or two) that I hope I'm assigned to send to. I'll leave you to wondering exactly what I mean by that.

Earthly, (I made a typo and almost wrote, "Earthy") Do you already have my name and address on file from the package I sent you?

My clothing size is a little smaller than petitte. Barely 5ft. tall and 90 some lbs. It doesn't matter what I put on, it's going to be dirty in 10 minutes, anyway.

Favorite colors. I like them all - soft and subtle, neutrals, bold and shocking. Didn't think I had a favorite until recently. Now the coral and salmon range is my fav. It seems so cool, peaceful, and cheering.

Collections - I don't really collect anything. Teens claim anything they like 'cuz if it's mine, they think it's theirs, too. I like colorful, whimsical things like painted Mexican stuff. I like pottery, especially handmade from a local area. I like jams, jellies, other food stuffs made on a small scale for local sales. I like homemade gifts very much.

Plants:
    Unlike Mellen, I had an extremely successful first year at winter sowing. What I haven't been so successful at is getting it into the ground without leaving those plants suffering in their containers for too long.
    The thing about these southeastern zones is the steampit summers. Our seasons are early summer, too hot to move summer, late summer, and not summer. The ground doesn't freeze, but we always have at least a few frost/freeze days. The heat is usually harder on the plants than the cold. That said, here's some things that might be appropriate:

tropical stuff
    fancy schmancy named daylilies
    pretty named irises
    anthuriums
    heliconia (have only species)
    crinum
    gingers
    If anyone just happens to have some plumeria or iochroma sitting around...(just kidding, we don't expect those)
    Okay, the wishing section is over. The more practical side:

decorative cabbage and kale (seeds will do this time of year)
    strawberry plants
    cranberry plants
    shade plants
    rhubarb
    anything variegated
    roses
    anything you love, because if you love it, we will, too.
    anything w/red, white, or GREEN in it, or with a name reminiscent of the holiday.

Hobbies - I've probably taken most of them on at one time or another and enjoyed them. Just don't have time to devote to them anymore, except for gardening. BUT the kids are into adult crafts like glass and stone mosaics, painting, drawing, and knitting.

I'd like to keep it a secret ahead of time, but allow senders to put their name in the box. We just won't reveal on the thread 'til all boxes have arrived, or one week after the 15th, whichever comes first. That's my vote.

• Dee9959
    18 years ago

Earthly---

I haven't gotten an email from you...but....

I am here ready and willing to participate. Like Mud, I think we should keep names secret until after the swap. It will be more fun that way.

My wish list:

I would love any plant that can thrive in this MS heat. To quote Mud,
    'Our seasons are early summer, too hot to move summer, late summer, and not summer'

So anything that can live throught this is just what I need. I haven't met a plant I didn't like, yet. (Maybe there is one, but I haven't met it)

Shirt size is Large. Favorite colors are red, purple and white. Please no "I'm Hot" sayings...they would just get too many stares.

I love anything to do with gardening. (I have just gotten back into it this season due to being in school for so long) I love the dollar stores...they have soooo many great things.

You get the picture.....Not hard to please :)

Dee

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Addendum
    On my special wants, I only want them if the sender already has "extras" or something in a condition that wouldn't mind being divided, or runs into them on special clearance. No need to spend big $ on me 'cuz just having something come that shows someone is thinking of me is a huge booster.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Okay, everyone's here and accounted for -- this is so exciting ~~ my very first swap and such wonderful players to boot. Its July already, can you believe it? I am working on names and will send them this weekend.

Since she is away, I thought I would take the liberty of posting some information on Alison/Dawiff that I have from another swap we are in together. I dont think she will mind me posting it on her behalf and I picked a little information from her page as well. Here goes:

GardenWeb screen name: DaWiff
    FAVORITE COLOR: Burgundy/magenta, although anything associated with shabby chic -- pink, mauve, green, white, off-white -- are also high on the list.
    FAVORITE SCENTS: Coffee, lavender, rose
    COLLECT: teapots and teacups, ceramic figurines like bunnies, fairies, gnomes, cats. Also botanical prints and bird prints
    HOBBIES: Gardening, (just about all crafts except knitting and crocheting), junking/antiquing. I am also Collecting functional birdhouses (i.e., not decorative, the kind you can clean out) for a bird sanctuary area that I am planning to put in this spring. Since I am into crafting, I also COLLECT anything to craft with, supplies or instructions, etc.
    I also love Victorian things.
    I have four cats, so basically I am a cat person.

My garden is cottage garden style, so my FAVORITE plants are all the types of flowers you would find in a cottage garden.

I know she loves irises because she mentioned that in another post. This is from her page: Some of my favorite plants are columbine, dianthus, clematis, roses, bee balm, and daylilies. I love the big, sprawling stuffed-full-of-plants cottage garden look

I hope that helps you. When Alison returns, she might want to add her glove size, etc.

guess i'm next, posting my wants/wishes. (wonder if he'll fit in a box LOL)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I am eagerly awaiting my partners name, I have no vote on posting names. I love hairy too.How you gonna keep your pal a secret Earthly?Maybe your dog could pick for you. she is good at picking names.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

carol,

i was wondering how i could keep mine secret, but doesn't look like it will work, since i have to e-mail everyone with their names and process of elimination would let me know . if only the dog could type!

anyway, i am in now e-mailing everyone. i would appreciate if you would all post HERE that you received your name. then i will start a new thread to post our receipt of our box.

i would suggest everyone mail their boxes priority with confirmation. if there are any questions, please let me know.

have a happy and safe 4th, and take a moment to give thanks to all the young men and women out there that put their lives in harms way by protecting america and making it the country it is.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Hurray, I am back home from England and happy and safe! This is one of the first places I came to once I got online. I had no web access where I was, so I was really starving for it! It's great to be back. I got some wonderful photos of gardens and a huge garden center that I visited while I was over there.

Earthly, thanks so much for posting my info. All my favorite colors are the ones that are required for this swap (reds, greens and whites, and well, also pink). I love anything that is in those colors, but I would prefer NOT bulbs or cuttings, ONLY seeds or plants, please. One plant that I am interested in is summer poinsettia, also called Joseph's Coat Amaranthus. I winter sowed some and they didn't take, so that would be a great plant/seed to have for this swap. But basically I will love any plant that is in those colors, even if I have it already. I am not picky about plants.

Oh, Earthly, if you are requesting a nice big he-man in your Christmas in July box, can I please have one in mine too? Preferably not wearing a Santa Claus outfit. Sorry if I am a little punchy at the moment, I am still on England time, and to me it is really the middle of the night. Hope I'm making sense.

Let's see: I don't collect anything specific for Christmas, I do decorate. My T-shirt size is X-large and my glove size is a woman's large.

I'm really looking forward to doing this, have a happy Fourth of July, folks!

Alison

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Alison must be hot because she didn't say she isn't;-)

Breaking away from England and Mum for Independence Day, eh? Seems poetic.

Um, didn't you say you have a dh? He might get a bit worried if you get a "hunk" and an "I'm hot" T-shirt in your stocking. Welcome back!

• nitelite
    18 years ago

i have received the email earthly!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mud mom, good observation. I was going to comment as well. Not only is Alison wanting a man to jump out of her box, she DOESNT WANT HIM CLOTHED! Do we have a signed permission slip from hubby? Or did you just bring back some new habits from England? LOL (or maybe we are all just thinking waaaaay outside the box!)
    Anyway, welcome back Alison, look forward to seeing some of your pics. I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing time and that you are getting back into the swing of things in the "real" world!

Okay everyone, listen up....I sent each of you an e-mail with your assigned partner. I started out a generic e-mail, cutting and pasting and then thought some of you might smack me if I actually gave instructions on how to send plants, etc., so it's semi-generic and I could have forgotten stuff. Go figure.

I don't know if I said it to any or all...but let's do our best to have these packages out and/or received by the 15th. If you want to post that you mailed, please do so. But please DEFINITEYL POST when you received your box. Nothing like receiving a gift that someone put their heart into and no acknowledgment on the other end. I doubt we have that here, but I had my "disciplinarian's" hat on for a minute.

I CAN"T SAY THIS ENOUGH spend the extra .45 cents to put confirmation on your priority box. Its the only way things can be tracked.

Once everyone posts that they received an e-mail from me and have their pal's name (DONT POST YOUR PAL'S NAME HERE) I will start a new thread for send/received.

Thanks again for participating in my very first swap. Im a tad bit excited to see this through to the end!

Have a wonderful 4th everyone!

• nitelite
    18 years ago

okay, i'm such a newb...

and very very very excited about this!!!!

soooooo.. what is one of the best ways to package up live plants?

I don't have much, but, hopefully my buddy will enjoy what I am sending! Already making the list up! and getting stuff ready! ohhhhhhhh, this is soooo much fun!

Now, i just have to remember where those christmas stores were! [since i know places like walmart won't have christmas stuff out yet! hehehe]

heheheh, i've always been a very FIRM believer of its not about getting, but giving! thats the ultimate best part!!!!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I saw a young male without a shirt in shorts, walk by my house, I tried to catch him for the one of you who wanted one, but just don't run as fast as I used to, he got away. I got my name today. Thankyou miss earthly for doing this.
    now to go shopping.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Tee Hee Carol, that was me that wanted the young male, I've already got an old(er) one! Too bad he got away, guess I will have to catch one of my own.

Just want to acknowledge receipt of my Christmas buddy.

Carrie Ann, The Plant Exchange Forum FAQ has excellent advice about how to package plants for shipping. Here's a link to it.

Alison

• mellen
    18 years ago

Dear EDelights, I have received my Christmas buddies name and can see already that it will be fun to send to this person. Thanks for doing this, Mary A.. Mellen/H. Mellen/Hairy M./Mary E./M. Ellen/Mary Ellen--Just trying out new twists on names for a change.

• Dee9959
    18 years ago

Earthly...I have received my secret person's name and info. This is going to be soooo much fun.

Thanks for hosting!!!!

Dee

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

6 down 5 to go

carol, your pal is going to be instructed to send you roller skates so you can have a better chance of chasing after those young things.

mellen, i vote for hairy m. you can be the first gardening rapper. we'll all be patiently awaiting your first hit.

carrie ann, these exchanges are a lot of fun. and we are playing with a great group of people.

watched fireworks last night, they were quite enjoyable. i live in a small town and i really give them credit for the display they put on. fireworks rank among my all time favorite things. i watched a PBS special one time on how they are made. give those guys a lot of credit - one wrong move and poof, there go the fingers!

hope everyone had a wonderful 4th.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

my dh just made me sell my roller skates at my garage sale. he said since I couldn't stand up in them on my living room floor, I'd better not go out on cement. I have been watching, usually anyone passing my house is heading to the store and will come back this way, but I may have scared him he hasn't come back yet. there is one out there now blue shorts pj top and what looks like a white nylon on his head, he looks slow, want him Alison?I vote for hairy M.
    where is #1 angel?Jody? Beth?I walked my garden and picked out some plants for my christmas buddy. I wish everyone would post favorite colors and what they collect

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

omg carol, stop before i loose all bladder control. you crack me up.

i thought everyone, with the exception of me, posted their wishes and stuff, or are you looking for more information on your pal? i'll be more than glad to assist in any way i can.

• skohler
    18 years ago

well just got home from a tour of michigan today with some good friends , we went west side then to the east:))
    long day but fun and found some great bargins :))
    just wanted to let you know I have my name & info.
    I hope to get my box out in the mail this week yet.
    but I bought a lug of fresh grown michigan cherries :))
    so I will be canning cherries tomorrow 1st thing in the day.
    well got to get some sleep.
    happy gardening all
    sue

• veeja11
    18 years ago

okay I think I see a slow one. neighbors son came over to mow his lawn, shorts, fishing boots, driving gloves. fishing boots should slow him down. looks like I may get one for you Alison. Earthly. I would like to know if my pal collects anything. Happy 4th all, Sue I want some of those cherries. nite all I'm off an running

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Didja catch him, Carol? Can you post a pic?

LMBBO!

Alison

• veeja11
    18 years ago

No, I did get the fishing boots tho. he was kinda old anyway mid 30's at least.Last I heard muddy mom had some nice sons she was willing to part with. Might ask her to send one.fireworks were great last night. I live on the top of a hill where there are lots of subdivisions, fireworks are legal. so each house trys to outdo the neighbor makes for a good show.

• skohler
    18 years ago

earthly
    You want for us to send you our conf # when our boxes go out ?
    let me know I can do ?

sue

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

no sue, no need to do that. just hold on to the slip and number in case there's some question somewhere down the road. we are all grown ups, adults and good players, so i trust there will be no glitches.

i think the confirmation posting is good on a round robin, but since this is individual, we won't do it that way.

heck, if anyone messes up, i'll shame ya big time! LOLOLOL

carol, i agree, 30's is too old!!! fireworks sound great. i'll be in your neighborhood next year - gotta love a firework display when each house is trying to outdo the next.

anyone that has mailed me for more pal information, i'm working on it and will get you your information as soon as possible.

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

I spent ALL DAY out shopping for my pal. Of course, along the way, I couldn't help but look for things I liked, too. I was in one big box store, in the garden section, bent over in front of the citrus trees and looking at the tags even though I knew I wasn't going to pay that much for a little tree. It was very hot and humid. Lady who cares for plants was watering a few isles down. Next thing I knew, she had sprayed (make that drenched) me, right on my upturned backside. She was squealing how sorry she was. I just thanked her for the cool down. Of course, I had to stay out there in the garden center awhile longer 'til I could leave w/o people thinking that I'd wet myself. And I don't even own an "I'm Hot" T-shirt. How'd she know I'd appreci8 a cool down?

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

i'm still waiting on a couple of acknolwedgments before i change threads.

also, remember, when you send your boxes, even though it's a secret for now, still use your return address. you don't want it floating around out there lost and lonely if there's something screwy at the post office.

we'll all divulge after so as not to mess up the surprise while boxes are still in transit.

looking forward to this one.

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I'm new to this. Is this already filled up? Are you in need of another person?

Thanks,
    Maureen

• nevadaangel
    18 years ago

ok I got my email, Iam posting as you asked earthly delights that i got my pal's name, going shopping today
    nevadaangel

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    18 years ago

Mine should be going out of here by Saturday. Must be shipping too much out lately because I'm having a difficult time finding boxes this month. The freebies at the P.O. just aren't large enough for me to fit in a proper Christmas.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Okay dh says I gotta stop chasing the young men. i had a interesting day today, my neighbor dosen't speak english very well. he caught me this morning and told me my cat sh--
    in his planter, since hearing that word kinda made me giggle, which confused him and he said your cat does sh-- dosent he, to which I had a hard time keeping a streight face. I handed problem over to dh. I think it is another cat. as mine goes in my flower bed.oh well makes life interesting

• mellen
    18 years ago

Carol, It could only happen to you, Mellen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Thinking back I blew it when he asked if my cat sh-- I should have said no. would have solved the whole thing.I mailed my first package to my pal today to get her in the mood. should arrive by monday.Finally got a good soaking rain. hoping grass would die first so mowing would be over. dh is so proud of his lawn he waters it anyway.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    18 years ago

alison, i'm so glad you are back before this nonsense took place, and i hope it in no way affected your family. my prayers and thoughts are with the victims, families, everyone affected.

we got some rain last night too, but not enough yet. the weathermen are saying we are getting the aftermath of some of these southern storms, so our weekend should be a wet one. i'm looking forward to it. i need to weed in a big way and i love doing it in the rain.

okay since i heard from everyone, i am starting a new thread. UPDATE: CHRISTMAS IN JULY SWAP. see ya there ladies.

• dawiff
    18 years ago

Earthly, Yes, I got back just in the nick of time. The relatives that I was visiting live about 2 hours North of London, so no one physically hurt. But 80-year old MIL did phone last night (in the middle of the night for her, unable to sleep) rather agitated by it all. No physical harm, just lots of emotional distress.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Alison