SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seamommy

Unusual Planters

14 years ago

What kinds of interesting and unusual planters do yall use? I have an old wheelbarrow (yawn) and of course an antique washtub (ho-hum), and an old galvanized bathtub (zzz) but I also have a basket from an old deep fryer that makes a nice planter, various and sundry old pots and pans and enamel bowls that are so damaged and corroded that they provide adequate drainage.

I have one hypertufa planter that I made (all the other hypertufa projects broke) and some old pots that I have scrounged out of other peoples trash. (yeah, my name is Cheryl and I'm a dumpster diver, a trash troller a shameless garbage grubber) so sue me. I have planted things in boots, shoes, hats, purses and blue jeans. I have a couple of old wire egg baskets that make good planters and they have a bale so you can hang them up.

I have an interesting old aluminum, very large, cooking pot with a bale handle. And I have a real nice houseplant growing in an old enamel chamber pot (it was my grandmothers and was used by everyone in the family before she got indoor plumbing) that my mother poked a hole in the bottom of in about 1979.

So please tell me about your unusual planters, I would love to read about other folks ideas. Cheryl

Comments (12)