SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lil_green_thumb

NEW: obf june swap sign-up!

lil_green_thumb
16 years ago

{{gwi:1274351}}

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol via email.

**TIME FOR OUR JUNE SWAP!!**

THIS MONTH'S THEME IS PATRIOTIC. JULY 4TH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! SO WE ARE HAVING A JULY FOURTH BASED SWAP!

WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE TO SEND SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE THEME.

FOR EXAMPLE:

--PLANTS THAT BLOOM RED, WHITE OR 'BLUE'.

--PLANTS WITH THE WORD AMERICA (AMERICAN) OR FREEDOM OR SOMETHING THAT HAS PATRIOTIC SYMBOLISM IN THE NAME

--FOR NON-PLANT ITEMS, BE SURE TO INCLUDE THINGS STICKING TO OUR RED WHITE AND BLUE THEME AND THE FOURTH OF JULY.

--ALSO PLEASE TRY TO INCLUDE A PIN, STICKER OR OTHER LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YOUR PARTNER SHOWING SUPPORT FOR OUR TROOPS!

SIGNUPS UNTIL JUNE 4TH. PARTNERS WILL BE POSTED THAT EVENING.

BOXES TO BE MAILED OUT BY JUNE 25TH!

-Kimberly

Comments (99)

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

hey remy, remember that bright yellow little bird that was in your apple tree - what kind of bird was that? i always try to keep track of birds i've sighted, but for the life of me, i can't remember that one. i haven't gotten so bad that i log date, time, place and all that other stuff. i just like to know what ones i've seen. i desperately need to get a good pennsylvania bird book.

thanks
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen-Good luck with your 3rd/4th graders...I would love to be a teacher and have that age group. I waited to long to decide I would love to teach and now it's to late.

Susan-Sorry to hear you are leaving-please come back and join us soon.

Susie-Aug or Sept will be great for our swap just LMK...I don't like vertigo, had it before and it's awful. Hope you are getting over it.

Amy-Didn't get your e-mail but glad you liked the box.

Maryanne-I did get all the irises planted but I have lost half of them.. we have not had rain and it's terrible trying to keep the watering going. I have so much I can't get to all of it soon enough. The raccoons helped with their demise also. I think they were looking for grubs because they kept digging them up. I would find them laying completely out of the ground and a large hole where they had been. I think all kids love the water from the start. Dawson has to have a pool every year.

Dizzy-How scary, so glad things turned out ok with DH. Bless men's heart they are not good patients when something happens to them. My DD almost got divorced when her DH had gall bladder surgery.

Deb-Poor Melvin, $87.00---ouch

Kimberly-Will be looking for all the red, white and blue's I can find. What fun

Shirley

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Owatonna Swap - Sun June 3, 07 - Sign up Here!

Q

Comments (22)
    Oh, forgot to mention, I have wild geranium, nodding onions, heucherella, dianthus, and a couple of hostas potted up for Sunday. Plus, you are all welcome to anything in my yard that I have enough of to share. I've also got lots of empty pots on hand, so if anyone needs those, they'll be here. Carmellia had a good idea about something hot to eat, the way the weather forecasts look. I might go that way myself, but won't know until I go to the grocery store tomorrow, exactly what I'll decide to make. I will also have beverages, hot and cold, paper plates, napkins, and enough plastic utensils on hand for all.
    ...See More

new: obf june swap -blooming friends

Q

Comments (97)
    Carol-I posted a new July swap for you...sorry I have been so busy this week I didn't check in earlier. If you can post when one has been started hopefully you can use the one I just did for you. Thanks Astroknot not sure if Carol read your post. Margaret-I received my box and shame on me for not posting earlier. Please forgive me. My anniversary was today and I had to set the alarm clock and get up to dig for two ladies who buy alot of plants from me. It was a good morning but I am so tired. Was really hoping to do something really special with DH but it did not work out. I do hear some fireworks even though I cannot see them. LOL Anyway...Thanks so much for all my goodies, the gift certificate was way enough. Margaret sent: Body butter-Vanilla & cinnamon (I love this stuff.) Flag can cooler 6 pack refill for Pop-up note dispenser Pop-up note dispenser (I go through these like mad) Volleyball note pad (It could be a soccer but I need it) Flag Holder & Jumbo Glow stick(Dawson will take this from me) Two pig ears for the dogs(They loved these, I will have to get them some more) And my socks-I truly love good socks and these are airplus aloe infused....I know I will be searching for more of these Margaret it was just like Christmas opening your box and everything was wrapped so special. Thank you so very much for your kindness. I hope you and everyone had a fabulous 4th of July. Shirley
    ...See More

new: obf's- june white elephant swap

Q

Comments (150)
    you know, this might never end. i worked about 10 hours in the yard today - my body aches. has anyone ever seen the PBS (mini) series, cranford? if not, i highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy period pieces. what a fantastic show. okay, no one steal anything else from me, i'm getting a complex and i can just feel the tears ready to fall. maryanne
    ...See More

new: obf june's special friend swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Shirley - #1 Sheri's box -( Sherri sent and I received). Sheri - #12 Susan's box - Jayeanne - #10 Shirley's box Nikki - #7 Sharon's box Erica - #8 Jasmine's box - (Jasmine sent) Sharon - #9 Beth's box Jasmine - #5 Jayeanne's box Laura - #11 Suzanne's box Suzanne - #3 Carol's box Beth - #4 Erica's box (Erica sent) Susan - #2 Nikki's Carol - #6 Laura's Sheri-I received your awesome box today...thank you so much for making our swap so much fun and putting together that wonderful box. I sure needed those labels and black sharpie pen. I potted all my goodies and can't wait to add them to my flower beds. I will think of another game. Night ladies Shirley
    ...See More
  • Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestion to get Glucosamine at GNC or a health food store. I'll have to check to see if Mel would be able to take a human grade Glucosamine? And at what strength. He's on a 500 mg. tablet now, cut in half. He's one costly little pet!

Remy,
    Your package went out this evening! USPS #0306 1070 0004 0386 7030.

I hope you enjoy your box!

Deb

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Deb WOW you are on the ball!!!

Jeanne - Hostess Gift came this afternoon! LoL! Must say in state mail gets here the next day Instead of 2 days like some states. TY so much for the 10 Glad bulbs! I love glads - I dont know how you found red white and blue in one package- Wonderful! Believe it or not I dont have any of those colors. Last year I only had Pinks and Yellows. I have no clue what happened to my reds but they didnt come up last year. TYVM!!

~Kim

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

June 6 is . . . . . Teacher's Day and National Applesauce Cake Day

Be sure to thank a teacher you know!
    {{gwi:1274355}}

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Checking in to get my Carol:) OK to get my name for June.. Carol looking forward to sending to you.

Remy,
    Not to worry, I have lost a LOT of plants on my list, just no time to update it...:)Anita

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    The birds were Goldfinches. I mark down the birds I've seen. If they come to the house I do write the date.

Deb,
    Wow! That was quick. I'll let you know when the box arrives : ) When my dog Thor got a heart murmur, the vet told me to go buy the stuff I needed at the health food store. So I bet you can just get the glucosamine from the health food store.

Anita,
    Good but not good, lol, no one wants to lose plants! If I've got a perennial you want please let me know. I won't mind a request : )
    Remy

• autumtears
    16 years ago

I was wondering if I could still join in?
    AJ

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

AJ, Thank you for your interest in the Our Bloomin Friends Swap Group. Weve been together since April of last year. This is a committed swap that runds monthly. Each month the swap changes, based on what the host has selected as her theme for the month. Themes have already been selected for the year; although there are instances where the hostess and/or theme could change barring unfortunate circumstances. We share both gardening and non-gardening items; and focus on plants during the growing season.

Packages are sent within the time frame set by the host. Requirements are that you are a fair, honest and reliable trader; should be a member of GW for 3 to 6 months and have had a trade or two with a few members of this group. If you scroll above, in one of the posts, you can see a listing of the group membership names. This is not a one month group, it's committed. You do not have have to participate every month, but commit to anywhere between one-half to ¾ of the swaps that go on yearly. Even if you are not participating, still come to the boards and chat, discuss your garden, share your blooms/pictures, etc. Each month you should always check the new post and comment whether or not it is your intention to play and then check back for assigned partner.

We also "reward" the hostess of the particular month's swap with a small token of appreciation for putting it together and keeping track and all the in between - it could be a plant, seeds/bulbs, personal trinket or anything of your choice. You must also post when you send, which should be done so with confirmation number, and for certain post when you receive your package.

If this still sounds like something you would be interested in, normally you would email Carol (veeja3@wmconnect.com); but she's involved in a house move, so I'm filling in for her. If you have an interest, I look forward to hearing from you.

Maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

remy, now i remember...thanks. it was so yellow. i think that's new jersey's state bird. i actually got to see my state's bird - out of sorts once, looked like it was lost. last week, jessica and i were in the park on a bike ride and i saw a great blue heron. friggin ugly bird - large too.

i have the kid next door weeding my way back yard. it hasn't been touched in two years. seven dollars an hour and he's already on nine hours. he's very thorough and very slow. we bag everything that the boro recycles into mulch come the seasons, and he's breaking up twigs or branches into like one inch pieces. i'm going crazy. today, i was digging to replant hosta and laid it where it was to go. it wasn't until i had all the bags out front stacked two high that i realized they were missing. thank God, on the second bag there they were right on top. all but one of my mums got pulled out as if they were weeds. i'm not complaining, because the help is really what i need; but if i don't put a dab of spray paint on leaves of keepers, i'll have nothing back there. i had to stop him at my asparagus bed, i realize it takes on a feathery weed-like look after the season, but good Lord, it's in a raised bed!!!!!!!!!!!

autumntears never e-mailed me; however, her page reflects she just joined GW, so it appears she doesn't meet our criteria. (are we elitist or what? LOLOLOLOL)

carol is going to be gone another couple of weeks per an email i got from her in case anyone is wondering. elizabeth/zabec is leaving the group.

where is everyone? digging and planting?

dizz, i got my blues in mind, i sure as shoot hope i have the reds right and i just now put my finger on my whites. tomorrow is supposed to be a heat advisory day, so i'll be spending it at the library, not out in the yard! i'll let you know when the box is sent. by the way, do you picnic or anything for the 4th?

mary ellen, how did you spend teacher's day, did anyone make you an applesauce cake?

dang deb, are you quick? last month, i sent right away, my month was crazy, so it was nice to get it out right away.

did anyone watch that pirate show? what's next?

i'm kind of excited - there's a buzz about a local swap, sure hope there's enough interest for attendance and that it goes as planned.

my iris are all done, peonies are spent. tradescantia's are looking great, there are more and more scapes appearing on daylilies every day, carnations and dianthus is in bloom and i have two sets of orange asiatics open - everything else wants to bloom, it's just taking it's sweet ole time.

so what's blooming in your garden?

anyone here a josh grobin fan? how about diana krall?

be well everyone,
    happy blooms!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hey, where is everyone?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you are having a great day : )

I got my box from Deb today. It came quick! I got lots of goodies. I just realized left my list out in the garage. I hope I can remember it all. She sent:
    A dahlia w/a red and white flower
    some white glad bulbs
    another type of bulb- oh my mind is blank!
    a couple unknown but cute succulents
    Bear's Paw crassula
    Two very tiny but very cute starts of cactus she sowed herself!
    A start of a curly spider plant
    'Bronze' ajuga
    a Farmer's Almanac
    Lemon Verbena Soaps that smell great
    A patriotic metal star shaped outdoor candle holder that looks great
    A patriotic windsock - my porch will be all set now
    Seeds - Blue Hyssop, Scarlet Emperor Bean, and red Columbine
    Potpourii
    If I forgot something I didn't mean to. Thanks so much Deb!

Is anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance? I watched the last couple days. A lady at work's son(she has another son who also works here)is a finalist! Neil. It is really amazing. She told me awhile ago her son could dance really well, but I didn't know that well! Now I'm going to have to watch all every show,lol.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

I just remembered Deb also sent 3 copper plant markers! How could I forget. I love getting them!
    Remy

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG things are crazy here! My only child graduates High School tonight!!
    Missed yesterday which was National Chocolate Ice Cream day!
    Today is Name Your Poison Day.
    thought I would take a minute this morning to post a trivia question.
    Picture is what we are playing for! A small suction cup themometer. The red 'stripes' are ladybugs and the 'stars' are daisies.
    Have fun and thank you for joining June's Swap!

******************************************** TRIVIA ********************************************

---- This political figure was shot on June 5, 1968, and died the following day, June 6th. Who was it?

{{gwi:1274357}}

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OOPs!
    forgot to say......... First correct answer on this one wins!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUE (SGUANZON) had a Birthday yesterday June 7th!!

(a day late sorry!)

{{gwi:1274359}}

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

too sad, but bobby kennedy.

happy birthday sue! hope it was a great one!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Correct!
    WTG Maryanne!! You're winning goodie will go out Monday!!!

For next question's winner we have a Pooh Plant Stake Decoration (he is wearing a red shirt! his hands are behind his back) This one is holding a pink flower is on the LEFT in the picture. The one on the right will be for another question in coming weeks.
    Pic Below
    ******************************************** TRIVIA ********************************************

What cartoon was first released on June 9 in 1934?

{{gwi:1274361}}

THIRD ONE TO POST THE CORRECT ANSWER AFTER 2:00 PM TOMORROW EASTERN TIME WINS!!!!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I went to the Relay for Life(Cancer Fund Raiser) tonight. A thunder/wind storm came rolling through just as things were starting. It was bit crazy, but everything went smooth once it passed by. It was a much bigger event than I thought it would be. Grand Island is not that big a community and before the evening began, they had already raised $96,000 my friend on the organization committee told me.
    I brought the extra $10 to donate for Annie. Well, remembering to give extra came back to me. I had purchased a raffle ticket for a weeks worth of groceries from a stand for a little boy with cancer. As we were leaving, they were announcing things. A man started to complain about people filling tickets out and you can't read their name. I thought to myself, "because of sloppy writing, or is it just weird like mine?" Well, it was mine! lol. I won 4 round laundry baskets overflowing with stuff.

Kim,
    I haven't a clue, but I'll guess Tom and Jerry.

Remy

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Oh I know the answer but where will I be after 2:00 p.m. tomorrow? Way to go Maryanne on the first one.

Kim-Congratulations to your (son-daughter) on their graduation. Probably off to college now.

Remy-Nice winning four baskets of goodies. Our relay for life does really well also.

SueG-----HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Shirley

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

MaryAnne, sometimes we do, but normally we have a cookout for friends here at our house.

>>>>do you picnic or anything for the 4th?

• skohler
    16 years ago

my dizz you are up early :)))
    well i just popped in to see what is going on in your lives .
    mind feels like the
    thunder/wind storm remy talked about :(
    Margaret my step mom has been diagnosed as haven early stag
    of alzimers Gee I can't spell this morning for give me gals but I hope you know what it is .
    I'm so sad & torn up right now over this for she is so
    hurt that I cannot bring her home to be with us .
    she realy is a great lady 7 so good for daddy .
    anyway its allot to deal with right now but i just wanted to let shirley Know I have your Plants about ready to go out today & you will proble get them by tuesday.
    Be ready to dig hope your ground is soft from rain :)))

hugs to all who need & have a happy & safe weekend to all.
    susie

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Belated Birthday Sue G:) Hope you had a great one.

Congrats Maryanne, way to go:)

Kim,
    Oh I would die to win BOTH pooh plant sitter's, by any chance could you get more of them? I would LOVE to buy some, I would even trade you for some, oh we must find a way for me to get some, sitting here trying to dream up something, Check my list I must have something you need:) The answer is Donald Duck (Wise Little Hen), but that don't help me, as I will be taking my Grandson home tomorrow & wont be here at 2:00..Sniff, sniff,sniff.

Remy,
    I would love some Opuntia(Prickly Pear Cactus) if you have any to spare? I would be happy with anything though, I am not picky.

Have a great day all.

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

The answer is Donald Duck
    ???
    If it is, please send it to Anita. ;)

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Dizzy-Just popped in to see if anyone had guessed and yes you did, Anita needed the pooh plant sitters, how nice of you to let her have yours. Maybe we can get the other one for her.

I spent all morning at a plant sale but sold almost everything I took so that was good. I stopped at Lowe's to buy some bags of dirt and a lady bought four more plants off the truck from me. DH wanted to know how she knew we had them and who she was and I told him I don't know who she was we just got to talking and I told her I had them and she wanted to buy them. I'm a people person and I talk to somebody everywhere I go. It really pays off sometimes to.

Susie-I'm ready....still no rain here...sooooo dry... I have room for some plants where I have been watering everyday so it should be soft in that bed.

Kim-Hope to get your box out next week...I hope to dig some things up when the sun goes down...it's 90 degrees here today...HOTTTTTTTT

Shirley

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

******************************************** TRIVIA ANSWER ********************************************

WTG DIZZY!!!

the answer was Donald Duck!! The episode was called "The Wise Little Hen". Donald played a lazy duck on a houseboat, which is how he got his famous sailor suit. He was voiced by Clarence Nash, who Walt Disney had heard on the radio reciting "Mary Had a Little Lamb". The duck quickly became one of Disney's most famous and beloved characters.

Very fitting since June 9 is . . . . . Donald Duck Day!!!

ANITA! at Dizzy's request you will be recieving the Pooh Plant thingy holding the pink flower. It will go out Monday.

I cannot even remember where I found those at. I have been picking up odds and ends since last month to have as give-aways. I didn't want everything to be patriotic - but at least red or blue lol.I will keep my eyes open for more and post if I find any!

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

OK, I feel like a real fool:( I was thinking today was Friday, Oh me oh my, I was going to be home today, I could have gotten it after 2, See above post, what a fool I am, Oh Dizzy, thank you soooo much:)Kim thank you, I so need to
    win the other 1 too!!

{{gwi:24643}}Off to do the happy dance

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

The person that created my Pooh addiction, My Grandson David:
    {{gwi:1274363}}

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sue,
    Belated Birthday, I hope you had a good one!

Deb

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

Anita, you got it! You got it!! YAY!!
    LOL! Enjoy! Thanks for the fun contest Kim!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. I've been a little MIA lately. Between work, gardening, adopting a new dog, and just plain day-to-day stuff, I've been so busy and not in the mood to get online as much.

Well, there's so much to catch up on here. I'll read through all your posts, and come back another day to actually interact with you all. I'm hoping for some rain today... it rained on Friday, but it wasn't enough to get us out of the drought. Poor plants. :(

To all you birthday girls...

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Something not working right when I tried to log in earlier... anyway, very belated Birthday Wishes to SueG. I hope you had a nice day.
    I'm with you, Klickitat, hoping for some rain. Susie, once that rain shows up I will dig and mail your June package to you. Don't worry...it's really looking like rain! (If I had told anyone to wait for rain in March or April, it was very unlikely anything would get dug!)
    Hope everyone has a good week!

Sandlapper

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

good morning everyone, hope you are all well and your gardens are bursting. we are getting some rain, but not quality rain. i wouldn't mind a few straight days of slow steady misting rain. i guess everyone would though. i think if we all go out at the exact same time and do a rain dance (clothing optional), it just might happen.

dizz, i'm 92% finished with your package. I just want to make sure you are home this week before I send it. also, do you like hosta at all?

annie and kim, your hostess gifts were mailed on friday. annie, so sorry to be so late.

shirley, glad to hear your plant sale went well.

remy, wow - four baskets. good for you. what was in them? and if i remember correctly, deb makes those soaps...lemon verbena ~~wonderful scent.

kim, congrats on the graduation. wonderful milestone.

anita, as soon as i saw that pooh i thought of you. i knew how much you/david love pooh.

so most of my way back is done being weeded. i pay the kid for his hours so far and say to him "this doesn't mean you won't come back, right". he said he would. he hasn't been

klick good to hear from you. how is the pup coming along?

luna, where are you? work and kids keeping you busy? hope everything is well.

off to dig some more plants. be well everyone!

maryanne

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I've been worked hard in the garden today, and there is so much more to do! I took an extra day off this week in hopes I can get caught up on things.
    Hope everyone else has been having fun outside.

Maryanne,
    The soaps really do smell fantastic! I've don't think I've ever smelled lemon verbena before, but I obviously like it, lol.
    Oh the laundry baskets were overflowing! All kinds of canned goods veggies, soups etc., cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, cereals, condiments, and more. I really did hit the jackpot.

Susie,
    Sorry to hear about Margaret. It has to be very upsetting for you and your dad.

Anita,
    Congrat on the prize! It is no wonder you got hook on pooh with that cutie of a grandson : )
    I would be happy to send some opuntia. Mine has the really nice yellow flowers with the red base. It is funny how so many people can't believe it survives the winters here. I am very happy that I received a box of other hardy varieties from a collector in OK this spring. He was nice enough to send for postage! So hopefully I will have more varieties for future swaps.

Shirley,
    What a great way to make some extra cash! I'm sorry no rain has come your way. I do hope you get some soon.

Hi Klick,
    I'm glad you stopped by even for just a minute : ) I hope you get more rain!

Jeanne,
    I sure hope you get lots of rain when it comes!

Remy

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

>>> dizz, i'm 92% finished with your package. I just want to make sure you are home this week before I send it. also, do you like hosta at all? MaryAnne, I am home and I LOVE hosta- any and all & the bigger the better! LOL! I have more than a few and I've been lusting after some I saw at the hospital when DH was there - had to be sum & substance - the leaves were HUGE!! *drool*

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week!

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne - Hostess Gift arrived yesterday. It was wayyyyy to much but I love it. Thank you so much for the Zella Virginia Daylily - I googled it and it is beautiful!, the red sweet william seeds, the historic Iris, notecards, foam flower shapes, Patriotic cookie stencils, the poppers! (kiddo grabbed those real quick! LOL) and the air freshener which is already in the car! it is pretty and smells good too!!!

Thank You so much!
    I am off to post a few pics of my daylilies, was nice and cool and cloudy here yesterday but i was lazy lol. and NEVER got any RAIN!!!!!!!!!!
    Sunday night/Monday morning around 2 AM we heard a cat meow (i was outside watering my pots and planters) we found a kitten. It looks to be about 4 weeks old and has what my mother in law used to call 'sore eyes'. so for now we have a new addition. hopefully only temporary because both kiddo and i are allergic to cats - and my dog wants to eat them lol.

Another trivia question will be coming up one day this week.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

kim, that's not my hostess gift. you are giving me credit for something i didn't send. go back and check the return address. maybe that's your monthly swap package?

mine was mailed, but that's not it LOL
    so glad you liked it though LOLOLOLOL

maryanne

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Susie -
    Your June package is on its way! Hope the plants don't have too rough of a trip. You will see that some are small - those were just ones that I started from seed and had I enough that I just tucked a few in the box thinking "maybe" they would make it and continue to grow for you. You know how it is with some packets of seeds... they all come up! LOL
    Here is the confirmation number:
    0479 7504 2890 0603 7168
    (At least I hope that's it. I did the self-service machine. That line is always way shorter than the line to see the people for service.)
    I hope you are feeling better.

Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

dizz, your package was mailed today. the confirmation number is out in the car and it's storming again like all heck. i'll post it later if i remember to bring it in.

there might be a plant that got mixed in with another one and i didn't pay attention to it. once the box gets there, we can talk some more, but i didn't realize what i might have done until i was on my way to the post office and i was not opening that box one more time!

i surely hope you enjoy the things i sent to you this month. i enjoyed putting the box together for you.

maryanne

p.s. we are getting a lot of outrageous, intense, thunder, lightning and gusting wind and rain storms. they come on real fast, are torrential, clear up and then start all over again causing a good bit of damage and power outs, flash floods and the like. the lightning and thunder yesterday was bad, but today was 10x's worse.

• skohler
    16 years ago

Kim Glad the box arrived enjoy the bloomes :)

BETH ARE YOU OFF ON A TOUR :))) ????
    sandlapper will be on the lookout thank you .

susie

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SUSIE!!!!!!!!
    ty so much for the box!!!!!!! -sorry bout the mixup! kiddo grabbed the box and poppers and took off! I had to go in her room and track in down a few mins ago. lol Its been cloudy and thundering here..... so i got the iris and daylily both planted! thank you again very much! was very very generous of you! cant wait til the iris blooms next spring!!

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Maryanne-We also had thunder storms here...Thank goodness a little rain finally fell. We need lots more of it though.

Anita-Little David is so handsome. He changes so much with each new picture.

Susie-I got my wonderful swap box. Thank you so much for all the great plants. I was wanting to plant them but the rain kept me from it.

Bath & Body set
    Shirley notes...I love these and use them in my boxes
    Lupine seeds
    Sweet William seeds...thanks saves me from buying these two
    Stars & Stripes flag toothpicks
    USA thermometer
    Seed Packets
    3 boxes gold sparklers-DH will use these
    Daylily Chicago Red
    Daylily Tomato Surprise
    AngelFace White-Angelonia Augustifolia-Yea thank you Susie
    Capricorn Rex Begonia-I didn't know they were this beautiful
    Cape town blue felicia daisy-Oh what a beauty
    Candy Lily (Purple)-Yes
    Everything looked so fresh Susie. You did a great job thanks for making it so special.

So tired---off to bed

Shirley

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

:waves hi:
    ******************************************** TRIVIA *******************************************

this is for the other pooh pot thingy shown above.(....maybe the winner will donate it to anita?) I havent mailed the first one yet (not the themometer to maryanne) been using cool days to dig in beds & it stormed to day so i have been curled up with a book........

Two answers to this one...........
    first set of blanks is #1 (it is two words) and second set of blanks is #2 (it is also two words).......

In 1916, ______ ______ issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as _______ _______ , and in August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress.

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Woodrow Wilson
    Flag Day

send it to anita.

maryanne

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Good Morning everyone!

It sounds like everyone is getting great packages.

Maryanne, I want to thank you for the hostess gift of a Decorative Cross Stitch Book, thread and an Angel with "Annie" on it for my hostess gift for May. How very generous of you, and I am going to enjoy the book sooooooo much. I've looked through it and lot of nice things in there to do. I also love the chart in the back that shows the colors of the floss. (I feel so lucky)

The outside is calling me, I got a huge box of goodies from Susie today.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WTG Maryanne......will send to Anita with the first one! TY!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks kim. i sure hope you didn't mind me answering it, but i wanted to make sure anita got it. when i first saw you post them with their respective contest, i said aloud "anita would love them". i wasn't around that day to play although i knew that answer and dizz was kind enough to give up hers, i just had to make it a set! hope no one else minds either.

annie, glad you liked it. i had no clue if the book was any good, because it was sealed. hope you find some things in there you can copy. i'm blown away that got there already, they posted it media rate and that usually takes quite some time to deliver. just my luck, the box full of plants will take the longest to get where it needs to go.

i am in my glory, i have the baby today and tomorrow - ALL TO MYSELF, no parents to tell me what to do and how to do it and when LOL she is just a joy - so full of smiles and personality. i'm falling in love deeper and deeper.

be back later.
    maryanne

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne - the book arrived today! thank you for such a thoughtful hostess gift! I just got to the mail a few minutes ago because of thunderstorms here. I am trying not to read it yet so I will have something to read tomorrow - more storms coming tomorrow! thank you thank you thank you!!

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

MARYANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

I received your box today, and lady, you sure pack a great swap box!!! HOLY-COW!!!!

Gals, this huge box was FULL of plants and she also managed to get a few fun items in too!

For reds - 5 fans of Granny Garnet Iris, Lillium in 1) Samur, 2) LaToya, 3) Avignon
    Whites - Yarrow, astilbe "Rock & Roll", White leaf with green margin hosta
    Blues - Halycon Hosta, tradesandia "Purple Profusion", Night Ember daylily and of course, Blue Fescue grass! LOL!!

And just for summer fun, there was also a nice clump of mint as well as FIVE Rose of Sharon starts!!
    Now, for the fun stuff - Earthly also sent a red/white tablecloth, 2 plastic USA cups, the cutest little wooden Americana angel, incense, a new fairy/frog address book, a flag keychain, a great tin sign in Americana which says "3 cheers for the red, white & blue", and even a US flag! To top off this red, white & blue theme, she included a Patriot Hosta!!!!!

MaryAnne, I really am thrilled with EVERYTHING you included in this great swap box! And I did not have any of the plants, except the Patriot hosta, which I LOVE & wanted more of! Thank you so much!!

Susann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

good morning, quick note while my g-babe is taking her morning nap. i hope to take her for pictures later in the day for her "first year" birthday pic (a little ahead of scheduled), as long as she cooperates.

kim, glad the book arrived. i got one for myself too. looks like a lot of good information if that's your goal (geeze, i assumed it would be yours too LOL)

dizz, glad you liked the box. hope the plants arrived healthy and that they do well for you. (in one of the cups was a patriotic keychain, hope you found that).

kim, we were having those flash storms for several days - causing a lot of damage too. yesterday and today have been very cool, weather wise, and everything is springing to life. it's just such bizarre weather for mid-june - it's spring out there today. the seasons are so off anymore.

be well everyone. enjoy your day!

happy blooms
    maryanne

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Am Starting a new thread!!!!!!! this one is kinda long........

~Kim