SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: Un-Named Iris Swap

Michelle Reynolds
14 years ago

Hello

This swap is for Irises only, tall, short, bearded, water, siberian and so onnnnnnn

how would you like to do it

#1 I set up partners and you exchange boxes

#2 everyone lists what colors(with picks if possible)they

have and we each pick the box they want to receve.

first come first pick.

#3 or everyone sends me the irises they have for the trade

and I sort them and send everyone back diffrent.

this way if you have only one kind you can send

several of them and get a rainbow of colors back .

let me know how you would like to do it, ship date would be for july so hopfully all the irises are done blooming.

I will try to get picks of what I have offer soon

thanks michelle

ps my e-mail has changed so please check my exchange page for my new one

Comments (134)

• ibartoo
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I love iris, so any I get will be greatly appreciated. I would love to have some with more than 1 color if possible and/or some with names it doesn't matter. I will give them a good home. I cannot however grow water iris. This sand wouldn't hold water if you glued it together. LOL
    Thanks, Linda

• diene
    14 years ago

Good Evening;
    Let me try to answer some questions I noticed while perusing this thread. Michelle, you can split your irises anytime they seem to be getting crowded, once they bloom they are settled enough to fool with. I generally lift with a pitchfork and it will usually break at a weak spot which I figure is a good thing. I will then either shake the dirt off or soak them to get the dirt off. Each division should have at least one fan and some roots. They are easy to mark with a sharpie and trim the fans but if you are sending several of one kind it would probably help Michelle if you could bag all of one kind together, paper is better than plastic as it breathes. I received a box of irises last year from a trader that had I believe twenty four different kinds. They were all one fan divisions and none have bloomed yet but they fit in a large box. They also do not weigh much so if you are geographically close to Michelle, you may be better off not using the one rate box, I also do not think we really need to use priority as they should survive. When I receive daylilies or irises, I usually soak them overnight before planting.
    I am not sure I answered all the questions but I tried.
    light purple and white (medium)

Tall yellow (only a few to share)

small light purple

medium size

These are the new blooms I have to share.
    The White one I showed you last time does not have enough to share. That was it's only bloom. Sorry.
    My purple siberian are almost in bloom and I do have a few to show you that I cannot share as they only have one fan.

Any other questions, let me know.
    I will let you know when my irises have gone by as I think I am probably the last one to bloom.
    diene

• Related Discussions

Last Day for Named Iris Swap on the Round Robin

Q

Comments (4)
    Please explain "Round Robin". It is a big swap and involves multiple members trading and it is done in various ways. The FAQ at the Round Robin Forum explains a bit, but imho, the info is outdated, and/or confusing, or incorrect. Below is the link to the thread at The Round Robin Forum about this particular swap, and it explains the details. Here is a link that might be useful: new: the brighten up your beds named iris swap :0)
    ...See More

third annual bearded iris swap

Q

Comments (66)
    Hello ladies, Sorry I've not been a very good host. I've been real busy with working both of my jobs, running to Greenbay/Wrightstown, Wisconsin to pick up Shelby's and DeAnna's two Boston terriers to babysit while they are celebrating the start of Shelby's 7th year being in remission on the beaches of Antigua. I love helping them out but I must admit driving to Ohare airport was no picnic. Thank god for the GPS system that a friend let me borrow. Needless to say I will be buying one very soon, and without it I would have never made it through Chicago or the Port of Milwaukee. On a second note, on my return trip I have figured out how to avoid the bigger cities when setting up the GPS. I can't imagine what the wireless world will bring us Ten years from now. Marea, I'm sending an e-mail your way. Debbie, remember what I told you about sending to me. YOU ARE NOT TO GO OVERBOARD! I will be working on your box just as soon as I get back from Green bay/Wrightstown on the 9th. This is my only day off and the two little devils are no help in the garden at all. All they do is whine, cry, bark and go from window to window while I'm out side. I can hear them fussing all the way out back with the windows open, and this drives me crazy. I've had a great time looking up some of the iris everyone is getting and will have to list them on my want list. Hello to everyone else! I hope you are having a great Sunday. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

NEW: new: iris~hosta & daylilies oh my!! swap year 3 :0)

Q

Comments (148)
    Good morning everyone! Aaahhhh Louie! Where can I begin? Since his arrival he has knocked over just about everything. Eaten 1 of our snakes (now, I can't confirm he killed it, but I did see him munching on it yesterday...can I say eeeewwwwww) And, he has single handedly mowed down almost all the flowers of my floating hearts. I did see him taking down my water celery last night. I want to be upset with him, but, I just can't. He's so little. Maybe a foot long. I told the kids he's like having another toddler running around. You just have to fix everything after he's finished with it. Bunzy (our paint turtle) and her two new paint turtle friends who showed up a few weeks ago, Bubba and Penelope (the kids named them, lol) all seem to be getting along just fine with each other. They were the only one's I was worried about. I'm going to try to get some pictures of him tonight. Last night I was feeding the fish and watching the turtles come up and eat the food. I was to zoned in on watching them that I started to get that weird feeling like I was being watched. I turn my head and there is LOUIE about 2 feet away from my feet munching away in the water. He is NOT afraid of people, lol! Sheri, LOL,I have no clue where he came from? We are close to the Seneca River. I say close, maybe a mile away, and our neighbors have ponds in their pastures. I don't know?? I can't imagine something so little traveling so far? Shirley, our "flying dinosaurs" have been making their nightly appearance as well. The herons aren't afraid of us either! The kids run at them yelling, they just walk to the other side of the pond. I put a couple of shepherds hooks down there with garden flags thinking moving things blowing around might scare them...nope. Hubby got me 2 beautiful heron statues last year for Christmas to scare them away. They stand right next to them, lol. The iris' did have a great spring! I did have some problems with rot afterward. I don't know if it was the crazy cold we had or what? I have a few die off completely. :( The ones that survived are multiplying like crazy. Your daylilies are so gorgeous! How large is Big Bird? I am picturing a very large flower head :) Col :) Yeah! It made it!! So happy!! I hope the Hawaiian Surf made it okay too? Since today is Friday, I've decided to call 2 BINGO WORDS :) THE BINGO WORDS FOR FRIDAY ARE: ALIEN'S STARDUST and OGON WOGON OH MY BINGO WORDS CALLED: 1. FLAMINGO TWISTER 2. DO THE MATH 3. TURTLE TIE DYE 4. TINTINNABULATION 5. ALIEN'S STARDUST 6. OGON WOGON OH MY'ERS: Shirley (brittneysgran) AND Alana (poisondartfrog) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER frankielynn AND Sue (sueguanzon) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~frannkielynn SENT~~~ Kathie (sinbadsmom) AND Jayeanne (pinkiris) SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~ Jayeanne (pinkiris) SENT~~~Kathie (sinbadsmom) REC'D~~~ Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) AND Cinnie0 SWAP WITH EACH OTHER~~~Sheri 1/2 SENT :)~~~~Cinnie0 REC'D~~~ Suzanne(hibiscusfan) SENDS TO Colcol Colcol SENDS TO Vina (flowergirl34) Vina(flowergirl34) SENDS TO Suzanne (hibiscusfan)~~SENT~~ Tomorrow is the last day to mail for our swap. I hope everyone has been in contact with your swap partners. Or if you made arrangements to mail a little later. If you haven't heard from your partner at all please let me know. Have a super Friday! vina ps. Tomorrow is the 50 mile long garage sale around here. It's amazing!! Kids are having a pool party today and tomorrow its all garage sales, lol. Iris: Ambrosia Fool
    ...See More

first annual named bearded iris swap

Q

Comments (58)
    Annie, Your box went out yesterday morning. DC# 03062400000028162590 Hope you like everything. I sent you some daylily seeds also; saw on your trades page that you were getting started collecting them. There is nothing better than going out in your garden in the a.m. and seeing a daylily bloom for the very first time anywhere. Hope they turn out beautiful for you. You should store them in the veggie bin and plant in peat pots in a sunny window in Feb. or you can wait and plant them directly in the garden in early spring. Sorry these Iris are a little dry. When I dug up my clumps last month for trades my back started hurting soon after; so these have been sitting around waiting for me to get them replanted. You saved their lives!!! LOL They are dry, but not nearly as dry as the ones you buy in the stores. Don't you dare feel terrible about Jennid. It's my fault!!! Being a newbie I was just so anxious to get my new treasures I didn't wait long enough before contacting you. As we all know.....nobody's perfect; and I'm certainly not... by a long shot. :) I'm sure Jennid has forgiven us both; she is a really sweet person. Roxanne
    ...See More
  • domehomedee
    14 years ago

I have large two-tone purple, it's really stunning, yellow, and maybe white and peach. I need to check what's labeled.
    Here is my "wish list"
    Both of "plant-one-on-me's"
    Any red, brown, or pink, not adverse to some different purples.
    I would love japanese or siberians.
    The gophers have been ruthless this year and I am re-planting a lot of my iris in wire cages or doubled plastic pots. I've managed to keep them out of the flower garden proper but the rest of the yard (I have my iris everywhere) is one big gopher swimming pool!

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Diene, Thank you for the info.

Denise

• diene
    14 years ago

Yesterday DH was weedwacking the grass around my gardens and later 'fessed up that he had weedwacked one of my "yellowish" Irises. When I asked a few more questions I discovered that he had leveled the beautiful orange one above. Not only did he wipe it out but he heaved it back into the middle of the garden. He thought I might not notice!! It is now in a vase downstairs. Thank God he confessed, he would have been in big trouble when I discovered it.
    diene

• ibartoo
    14 years ago

I was checking outside today and I found some siberian iris and african iris seedlings. If anyone is interested in those, please let me know.
    Linda

Diene, That orange one is stunning.

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Diene, I couldn't help but laugh. Not at the abuse that your poor iris took but the idea that he thought it might go unnoticed. Yeah right!!! That sounds like my father-in-law but not quite as bad. He repeatedly mowed over the peonies. He weed ate some iris and pulled out the mums. Oops!! My mother-in-law is the most patient woman I know. Bless her heart:)

Denise

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello Linda;
    What are African Irises? I do not know what they are but I am intriqued.
    diene

• diene
    14 years ago

Just googled African Iris and I want one but not if a Maine winter is going to kill it. Is it hardy to zone five? If so, can I please have one Linda?
    Thanks.
    diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    thanks for the info and lists of wants, I will use the lists to send each person a few of their wants, you don't have to mark the requests just list what irises they are and I will sort out who they go to(unless you want to mark them for someone.) an easy and cheep way to mark plants is to get cheep mini blinds($3 at walmart or lowes probubly other stores too) you can cut hundereds from one set of blinds, and ruber band or staple to a fan.

Kim becouse of your situstion(and I want you to be able to join in) if you can just put all irises of each kind in a paper bag or wrap in a sheet of news paper, then mark the bundle , I will mark each iris before packing them for others. sorry I can't do this for everyone, unless you send me a list of exacly how many of each you are sending, then I can have markers writen up before they get here. it would take too long to write up markers after they get here and I want to get them all out a few days after they get t my house.

diane my DH chopped down a red bud tree 4 of 5 times before I got him to understand that it is something that I want there, and to leave it alone. amazingly it is still alive.

player list
    1. micyrey
    wants......purple and white
    yellows any
    white any
    yellow and red
    red
    rust
    copper
    yellow and purple
    off white and red
    but don't mark any for me I will chooes from the available ones that come in. I want to be able to send some request to each person

2. rosepedal

3. maraes

4.domehome
    wamts....Both of "plant-one-on-me's"
    Any red, brown, or pink, not adverse to some different purples.
    I would love japanese or siberians.

5. greenthumbgrow
    wants.....Marea, I would love one of your
    burgundy two toned also if you have enough
    coral colored
    first purple
    Michelle - I would love
    #2 dark reddish brown (tall bearded)
    #3 anteque buff with bright purple fall(tall bearded) **really would like this one especially
    #4 med purple/dark purple fall(tall bearded)
    Becky - I will write your name on the Black Tie and the yellow/maroon one. I would love to have one of your Tequilla sunrise, ann chowning and alcazar if you would write my name on them:-)
    Diene - I would love one of your white ones (in front of rock).
    don - would love one of your siberian purples
    Antiqueorcid - I really would love one of the white/pinkish (My favorite one so far-1st one) wine color, pink/purple and bi-color butterfly.
    Ibartoo - i would love one of your solid white and purple/yellow

6. budsnblooms
    wants.....This is a list of your iris I have picked out so far. Michelle, mainly I would like historic, heirloom, Siberian except for dark purple, flags, LA iris, some water iris, although I love TBI's, I would like some of the other sizes. I like reds, bi and tri tones, oranges, whites, yellows, tans and browns...anything but I have lots of purples...so I would want the number I receive kept to a minimum please.
    Here's what I have picked so far:
    rosepedal-I would like the tall white and yellow
    diene-yellow siberian, blue, and brown and yellow.
    antiqueorchid-pink, rusty orange, dark rusty orange, &/or pics #1,2,3,5,7,11
    dem pa-mini purples,the yellow, and yellow and tan in pic #'s 6&7.
    ramazz-the purpe & white, and reds in pictures #1 & #4.
    jaceysgranny-white #1, and white and purple #3
    ibartoo-2 historic iris
    cjcjmass-yellow
    micrey-#1,#2,#6,#7, #8
    marea-#3, #4
    claylady-white short, dawn to dusk yellow, yellow and burgundy,siberian, and LA Iris.
    Plant one on me-would like some of both is you can do it
    lilangel181-Autumn circle if possible and dark maroonish.

7. sred98

8. diane
    wants.....michelle:
    your # 1 and 3 interest me.
    Mareas the coral colored one is the only one of yours I do not have.
    Don- your golden one and orangy
    Becky- Barrister, Ann Chowning & of course the tequila sunrise but many people have already asked for that so do not worry if you do not have enough.
    Nancy you had a beautiful white with an orange throat
    Tammy- your black tie is beautiful
    Denise you had pale rusty orange, red rusty orange, wine colored and a bi color with pink and purple, they are all lovely.
    Deb- I looked at your photobucket and the unknowns I found stunning were mostly reds and pinks. Your descriptions were "in front of meat house", fr. side fountain, north side of greenhouse, unk border bearded which I believe was a deep purple.
    So I am looking at some yellows and purples, just not the ones I have.
    Just googled African Iris and I want one but not if a Maine winter is going to kill it. Is it hardy to zone five? If so, can I please have one Linda?

9. antiqueorchid
    Clay lady, I would love to have one of your Edith Wolford and Dawn to dusk.
    Marea could you put my name on one of you burgundy two toned almost brown ones and a purple one second from top. They are beautiful. I don't think I have any of the ones you have. I would be happy with any of them:)
    Becky I would be so happy to have one of each of your Tequilla sunrise, ann chowning and plicata barrister if you do not mind writing my name on them:-)
    Tammy I will write your name on "white/pinkish (My favorite one so far-1st one) wine color, pink/purple and bi-color butterfly". I would love to have a couple of your Clarence iris.
    Debbie(budsnblooms)If you are sending any of the unknown blue japanese iris I would really love one. It would be my number 1 pick:)
    Don I would like one of your peachy orange and yellow if it is darker than my yellow one I have pictured. It looks like it is to me:)
    mareas Purplish blue iris in picture one.
    Debbie/budsnblooms-I am also interested in your Paris, Keizers H., Queens circle and cloud ballet irises. I love all of these and so many more:)

10. ramazz
    wants......Tammy, I would like a Black Tie and the yellow/goldish brown one. I am looking for iris that are colors other than purple (heresy, I know) but I do like dark purple ones. I love the white ones, the yellow ones, don't have any red ones except a reddish bicolor I think is 'Indian Chief.' I think I have the one that stage_rat posted (Flavescens? is it lightly scented?) I have a couple that are blue (in my opinion) but they were divided last year so I will have to see whether there are enough to split.

11. piksi hk

12. jaceysgranny
    I'd love to have a red one and the brown one if there are enough but anything different would be nice. I have more of some of these than others so will send accordingly.

13. stage-rat
    wants......antique orchid: any of yours, but I most love:
    #1 light pink: *
    #2 red/brown *
    #7 red-purple
    #11 yellow
    clay lady
    edith wolford ** blue and yellow
    **white from anyone: jacey'sgranny, ibartoo, claylady etc.
    ramazz:
    barrister-ish *
    tequila suset * (if you have enough)
    clarence-ish * white--blue
    mareas 4*, 1, and 2
    jacey'sgranny:
    white with a little blue
    dem pa:
    mini purple*
    light lav bubblegum
    bright yellow
    cjcmass: light purple
    diene #2 light purple
    #4 burgundy falls, lighter standard
    miceyrey:
    #2 dark reddish brown
    #6 med purple short
    From anyone: dark yellow, but not actual yellow flag

14. lilangel181
    wants......Marea, that burgundy/orangy one is beautiful! If possible please put my name on one of those
    Stage Rat, I love that bicolored purple/white! Would you mind putting my name on one please? I have a light lavender tall one if youre interested in purples, I think it smells like grape soda.
    Plant-one-on-me, is that second one brownish? Ive never seen one like that! And do send the best to hubby for us.

15. beth B. kodiak

16 plant-one-on-me
    wants......Debbie, may I please have any of the following: godsend, mt cook, stardock, seapower or paris (the last 2 my favorite)
    Don, I love your bright yellow one and the siberian iris
    (Don's last one looks very much like one in my picture except his picture is so much better LOL)
    diene, may I please have a white one
    Becky, may I please have an ann chowning LA and plicata barrister
    Rosepedal, I think your purple is beautiful
    Nancy the purple on purple is beautiful also
    Denise...you have 2 of my absolute favorites in the pink and the reddish ones, is it possible to get one please
    Linda, both of yours are great also
    Michelle, #1, 2 and 8 would be wonderful
    Clay lady I would love a Louisiana for my husband as this is where he was born.
    Please put me on the list for Autumn Circus...put me last and let anyone else who wants it go first since I am not sure if I can follow through and don't want anyone else missing out.

17. dem pa
    wants...... Any of the light yellows will be fine for me.
    Any mini but dark purple.
    Any Siberian except the dark purple.
    I haven't met an iris I didn't like. Purples will be fine for me.

18. cjcjmass
    wants......Marea, can you put my name on the burgundy two toned and the coral colored one.
    Don- your golden one and orangy
    Becky- tequila sunrise
    Nancy white with an orange throat
    Tammy- black tie
    Denise you had pale rusty orange, red rusty orange, wine colored and a bi color with pink and purple,

19. ibartoo
    wants....I love iris, so any I get will be greatly appreciated. I would love to have some with more than 1 color if possible and/or some with names it doesn't matter.

20. clay lady

if this is all the request I will print it out and make up a condeced list for the wants and haves

michelle

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I will be writing directly on the iris. It won't hurt them and the there won't be a chance of loosing the tag. That is the way the last three people I traded irises did it as well. Hope you don't mind:)

Denise

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

I am sending this on behalf of my sister. She has told me how much she enjoys her gardening and the friends she has here. I know she was in this trade and hope you can pass along the information where appropriate. Thank you, Tammy

Hello Everyone,
    I am very sad to have to tell you that Kim Hill's husband John passed away Thursday following surgery. Kim says that John had accepted a surgery that was very risky, but could have also placed him on the liver transplant list. She says he had an extreme amount of bleeding that the doctors could not stop, and that the family was with him when he passed peacefully.
    Viistation will be at the Obarzanek Funeral Home on Ryan Road, just north of 14 Mile Road, on Friday 3-8pm (service at 7pm), and Saturday 1-7pm. Kim says that John chose to be cremated, so there will be no procession.
    Please keep Kim and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

• diene
    14 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of Kim's loss. I will be sending extra money to you Michelle and will you send half of my irises to Kim along with any extra's you may have? She has too much on her mind now to even think about digging Irises but if a box of new ones showed up on her doorstep, it will give her the excuse to go out in the garden and relax.
    By the way Michelle, my GW name as well as my nickname is diene not diane. My real name is Kathleen but that is not how anyone refers to me here. I thought it was a typo on the list as we have been in many trades together over the years.
    Hope everyone else is well.
    diene

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Diene, I think thats a wonderful idea and Ill also be sending a little extra money to help cover shipping to Kim. I would encourage others to do so as well, maybe we can stuff a large box for her with our condolences? I might also send some non-irises for her, I need to inventory what I have and what she may want off her wish list. Ill make sure its easy for you Michelle, dont worry about that.
    All my thoughts to her and her loved ones,
    ~Laura

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that Kim lost her husband. I will also send extra money to help cover her package. Maybe her sister can help her in the garden and she can plant a memorial garden for John if she'd like.

Nancy

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    I would love to pack and send Kim a package $2 each, from 7 of us should cover sending her a large box(flate rate or larger depending on weight) I will add several of my ireses to the box as well. I'm so sorry Kim, please don't evan think of sending anything in. also I will need her address if anyone has it, I will also include any cards anyone wants to send.
    diene sorry about spelling your name wrong, (OOPS) I'm very bad at both typing and spelling, that is not a good combination.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I mailed your package today. I would love to have Kim's addy when you get it. I have a tall bearded iris named stairway to heaven and a var. jacobs ladder also called stairway to heaven to send to her should she decide to do a memorial garden.

Kim, If your out there, I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through the loss of your husband. What a shame!

Michelle, please drop me a line with the addy when you get a chance.

Lisa

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

Hi
    My daughter is due to have her 1st baby next week. It's a girl and we can't wait. My husband is also having carpitunnel surgery next week at a different hospital. Sounds like a fun week. I will try to get the iris ready to send this week-end, since I may be busy next. I am interested in light pink or other light colors or very dark colors. I like Mareas pictures 3&4 and Ramazz pictures 2&4 Also Diene Peach and white-- purple and chocolate. I will need to get the address to send them to. Thanks so much for your swap
    Lynn

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    the ship date for this swap is july 6th and 7th, I want all the irises to come in the same week so they are not sitting around to long, and some peoples irises are still blooming, so I want them to have time to enjoy their blooms befor devideding them. lisa I will pot your irises when they get here, but please everyone else wait till july 6th and 7th to send, I'm just not ready to do the swap yet, we will be going out of town june 23rd to the 29th, so any boxes that come in then will be left sitting on the porch. sorry
    michelle

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone.

I'm so sorry to here about the loss of Kim's husband.
    Michelle, please include me on the contribution for her box.

cindy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

I am soo sorry kim!

Add me to the list for contributions and extra irises for Kim. I believe I have her addy. I will look and make sure and let you know in the next day or two.

Tammy

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I would love to contribute to the postage cost for Kim's box. I'm so sorry to hear about her husband.

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Hello everyone! My sister told me today that she had posted my situation here and I wanted to stop in. I am sorry I have missed all the wonderful, kind words and sentiments!!!

I appreciate all of you and will check back in as soon as I am able. I am working very hard trying to get our affairs in order since John passed which is much more time consuming than I ever imagined. I need to get as much done as soon as possible so I can get back to work next week.

I have been trying to check my emails every couple days but otherwise have been on the computer trying to find out who, what and where to file papers and such. I'll check back as soon as I can.

Again THANK YOU all!!! Kim

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

It this point I am still in...the only irises available: peachy bearded one and a short yellow one. I can only trade a couple at this time of each.

I have purple and yellow flag iris if anyone is interested.

I would love to trade for other colors especially bi-colors,
    pink, reds/burgundy, dark purple, Louisiana, Siberian; I guess anything really.

Kim,

My condolences to you and your family. My prayers are with you.

Betsy

Here is a link that might be useful:

• diene
    14 years ago

Betsy that peachy one is stunning, people will be fighting over that. I have already been too greedy so I will let someone else ask for it (if no one does, I want it!!). I think the whole point of this is to send what you can and Michelle will send you back hopefully something different. Welcome to the group.
    diene

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Betsy could I please have one of your Peach colored won that is beautiful.

Thank Cindy

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Michelle, please email me your address at
    sportsalibi at yahoo.com

I am going to try to get the irises out to you but have a problem. I work 12 hour shifts on Sat and Sunday (3 and 4th) and have to be up in northern Michigan on Monday early in the day. I can dig and ship the plants to you on the 1st or 2nd but am concerned that they may sit around too long. Irises are pretty hardy and I have abused them a lot in the past so I am pretty sure it would be ok. If you think sending them to arrive on Monday is a problem let me know. Kim

ps thanks everyone for the happy thoughts!!!

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

I forgot, how many of each color should I sent in? I was thinking 10 of each but can send more or should I just send one of each for all 19 of the others? Kim

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello Michelle;
    If you were waiting for me, I can ship anytime. Do you want to try and do this before the fourth? I plan on sending all I have that I do not want at present moment and you can distribute them as you see fit. I will mark the ones that I have that people have requested but there are not too many of them.
    If any of this does not meet with your approval, let me know. I am planning on separating the fans and bagging them separately inside the box. That way I figure you can just empty the bag into people's boxes. Does that work?
    diene

• diene
    14 years ago

Good Morning All;
    Here is what I am doing for this swap. I have started digging the irises and labeling the fans. I have some good size fans and some littler ones. The smaller ones I will send two, the larger only one. I am hoping that I will be able to pack paperbags for each person so Michelle can just redistribute.
    I looked at everyone's pictures again and I am not packing

rosepedal- m yellow
    antiqueorchid- m lilac, t burg & yellow
    jaceysgranny- t burg & yellow
    stage-rat - m yellow
    dem pa- siberian, m yellow, m lilac, t burg & yellow

From the pictures, you all have these already and do not need to have more sent. My shorthand is "m" means medium height and "t" is tall.

If there is anyone else who already has these and does not want more, let me know. Send the e-mail to me directly at onemainelady@yahoo.com.

Michelle responded to me that she does not want anything to arrive until after the fourth so I am respecting her wishes as she is doing the lion's share of the work.
    Thanks to everyone.
    diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    sorry to be MIA for a wile but I was in chicago for a mini vacation. I saw somevery nice gardens there.
    I can start receving boxes naxt week, if you want to ship sat, that is fine, but please wed at the latest. I would like to get all the boxes in by the end of next week. rember if you send a lot (30 or 50 fans) you may get some doubles back, it all depends on what is sent.
    I have also made a list of those that have irises I have so I don't send them the same ones.

I will send someone a surprise bonus if they could help by e-mailing my address to the whole group. I have been very buisy and have limited time to spend on the computer. let me know.
    michelle
    ps if you have requests please post or send a list with your box.

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Michelle, thanks for clarifying. I would be glad to e-mail your address to everyone, LMK if someone else is already doing it. I started digging this evening after work and will mail either on Friday or on Monday. Everyone, please, I am guessing on some of my iris because they had already finished blooming before this swap was announced. If you get one from me that isn't what it is labeled, please forgive me! Next year, I will label them as they bloom in case there is another swap. I am going to put in some that were not requested, so there will be surprises! I am not trying to send one of everything for everyone - if I did that, I wouldn't have any left.

Becky

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Hi,everyone. I just sent an e-mail out with Michelle's mailing information. I used the e-mail addresses that were on each person's GW page. If you did not receive this information, please send me an e-mail, not Michelle.

Becky/ramazz

• ramazz
    14 years ago

lilangel1181, your aol e-mail address did not work. Please e-mail me with a correct address.

Becky

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Michelle, I am ready to get ready. LOL. I will send out on the 6th!

So excited!

Tammy

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I'm ready for next spring already to see what I get or it may be the next one before they bloom. I'm not very patient but hey, the suspense is worth it!

Nancy

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Tried lilangel again, it was MY mistake with the e-mail address, duh. Hopefully it will go through this time! It looks like everyone else should have gotten the e-mail as that was the only one that bounced.

Becky

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

There are so many beautiful iris that it hard for me too pick any tri color or mini wil be fine with me...
    Cindy

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Hello, I got the address this time but was out of town for a few days. The irises will be shipped out as soon as the post office reopens monday! ~Laura

• domehomedee
    14 years ago

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !!!
    Well, I tried to mail out Friday but the Post Office closed early so I'll mail out on Monday Morning.
    Dee

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I didn't get the address. Will you please send it to ns1@windstream.net? Thanks and I'm planning on digging this afternoon and mailing tomorrow.

Nancy

• ramazz
    14 years ago

Nancy/jaceysgranny, I have now sent the address to you 4 times at the e-mail address you provided. I hope one of them went through. The last one was this morning, when I responded to your e-mail to me. If none of the others worked maybe that one did, or maybe they got blocked by your spam filter. Send me another e-mail to let me know either way.

My box went out this morning. I had planned to mail on Friday, but had the same problem as Dee.

Becky

Becky

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle Mine are mailed off..Thanks for the swap and hard work! Thanks everyone for sharing your iris with everybody..Have a great day...Barb

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello Michelle, et al;
    Mine were mailed today and I sent it priority because it was so late. I do not need it to come back priority as my box cost quite a bit to send. I have the DC out in the car I will post later. I divided mine up and made a bag for everyone. I thought that would help Michelle. I made sure that I sent what people asked for or requested not to receive. I cannot think straight right now, I will post more when I can think better.
    diene

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for hosting this swap I had a wonderful time. My package went out today confirmation #03073330000215953902 I also enclosed some iris for kim.After shipping my box out please use the reminding money for shipping Kim's package.

Thankss again.

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

On the purple and yellow irises I sent in, I wrote things like the height, and when it blooms. I also put A.L., my initials, so you'll know who it came from.

I got mine mailed out today, I really should have been looking for the flat-rate boxes long before this! I ended up using a bigger box, then trying to switch, and the flat-rate box is much smaller, so I put them back in the bigger box, but I couldn't stuff them all in, so there are 2 fewer in there than I thought I was sending. The box looked a little funny, with iris roots poking out the seams :) They charged me ninety cents for DC! I need to be better prepared, and use all the tricks you regular plant-swappers use.

My DC#: 0306 1070 0004 7370 7007

Thanks, Michelle, for taking this on, I hope the sorting goes easily!

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

I mailed mine to you this morning.

My DC# 0303 0130 0000 9725 9026

Don (dem_pa)

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Sorry for the delay, but the box was shipped today! DC# 0103 8555 7497 7078 6545. Most are marked as unknown because my cats Rufus and Zoe were being 'helpful' and mixed the piles together before I could label them. Sorry if youre not into surprises! I also included $1 for shipping and a card for Kim's box.
    ~Laura

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

HI!

Mine was shipped yesterday. I emailed the DC number and the list of requests from others (and my want list :-)

Thanks for all the hard work on this swap and I hope it all goes well on your end.

Tammy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Here is my DC# 0308 0660 0000 0845 5388.

I sent 20 extras for those who did not have much to send in, I hope you allowed room for extras in your boxes.

Denise